It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dude you just gave me high school math flashbacks. I'm suing.

I kid.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
All i see is another attempt to say we need to regulate the internet and have a internetID all to "protect" kids. If you want to protect kids on the internet, don't give them unrestricted access to the net, don't allow them to make a facebook account that only teaches them share personal info online.

+56 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I don't see her meaning, she is a lardo, she should do some push backs ( you know where you push yourself back from the table instead of gouring your fat face) eat less move more works every time, it is scientifically proven to be the cure all diet for fatness.

I saw her being a bully, as he wrote a privvate message, she put it in the public and used her position to attempt to ridicule the guy for saying " hey you know, maybe you should try to be a better example, being on the news everyday and all that." She is a very pathetic person who was intentionally trying to bully someone in public, for somthing that was said in private.

I give her a fail, and a double thumbs down for being both fat and an idiot, for displaying the same behavior she was trying to accuse someone else of.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The email wasn't that insulting.

She is fat sorry but it's true.

She is also in the public eye by choice so if somebody points out she is a chunky monkey then she should keep her fat yap shut and think about going to the gym maybe cut back on one of her many daily meals or prob. what she calls 'snacks'. Put the cupcake down and eat an apple once in a while.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007
All i see is another attempt to say we need to regulate the internet and have a internetID all to "protect" kids. If you want to protect kids on the internet, don't give them unrestricted access to the net, don't allow them to make a facebook account that only teaches them share personal info online.

I didn't get more regulation from this story, i just see a news anchor taking a realistic stance that bullying will happen on the internet or in the classroom or on the playground... By eliminating kids on the internet, it won't end bullying all together... It's going to be a massive task to undertake trying to prevent bullying, it happens to kids, it happens to adults...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

She had 3 kids... Sometimes ladies put on weight after child birth. It could be a thyroid issue, it could be genetics... Who is this guy to call her out? People come in all shapes and sizs, its time to accept others, not judge unfairly, especially when you dont have all the facts...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo007

That sort of thing is likely where it all heads. But we'll only have ourselves to blame. Realistically... how much of what gets said online would get said in a real world analog? I know that I get insulted way more online than I do offline. Keyboard courage and all.

That's one of the great traps that the powers have learned to use against us. They let us have freedom, pure and unregulated, and then wait for a segment of the population to abuse said freedom - so that we all end up agreeing it's for the best to regulate at least ~that~ aspect of it. Folks on ATS love to scream about their freedoms being stolen. But the truth is that we give them away. We trade them.

Cyber bullying? If folks stopped having keyboard courage it would become a non-issue. But they won't, so it won't. And we'll end up losing more freedoms because of it.

As for the woman in the video. I was inspired by her. She stood up for herself. And she did it PUBLICLY. The guy who insulted her? Hid behind a keyboard.

Fair fight, one round, SHE wins.

My .02 cents ( plus another buck or two... but I am the king of digression
)

~Heff

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
The email wasn't that insulting.

She is fat sorry but it's true.

She is also in the public eye by choice so if somebody points out she is a chunky monkey then she should keep her fat yap shut and think about going to the gym maybe cut back on one of her many daily meals or prob. what she calls 'snacks'. Put the cupcake down and eat an apple once in a while.

I'm really not even sure how to respond to this... Sounds like you have a little bully in you

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You only need to review some comments here on ATS......

There's a HATRED of overweight people.

I have a theory why. It's not PC to say things about minorities or religions. Start saying those vile insults against these groups and you will get jumped on within seconds - not to mention the possibility of being sued.

So instead of their hatred being directed against skin color, it's directed against another physical characteristic - weight.
Of course the "excuse" is it's something a person can control and skin color isn't. Well, that's not true for most people and even if it was true, why would that matter? People don't hate a skinny person who wolfs down bad for their heart food? Did that person write letters to super skinny newscasters who were at an unhealthy low weight?

If it's not weight, then something else will be selected like hair style. It's about misdirected anger and control.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Wow.. how stupid. She wasted everyone's time (it's a news show) because her feelings were hurt, but she made a deal out of it to get attention and sympathy. I mean, she NEVER had to put this out there. It wasn't written in a manner that, to me, would imply the author sits around calling her names. It just seemed written by a weird obssessively health conscious person.

This was just weird and I think she embarassed herself. She should have let it roll off and ignored it. Instead she made herself the news story of the day.

edit on 3-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I think I am not judging anyone, my exwife also had 3 kids, along with my mother, and my sister ( who had weight problems before she ever got pregnant) all are back to "not fat" size, so is my buddies wide, so was my teacher in highschool, and the librarian..........etc..

Only 1 in a thousands actually have a tbyroid problem, that is just a crutch to stay fat.

Besides, the e-mail wasn't bullying, her using her public platform to try and ridicule the guy was bullying. She knew she could do it, and he would be powerless to stop her, so she could feel superior.

Was she being the bully for what she did over a guy saying somthing that didn't warrant her over blown response?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well, to be fair, she did segue the email into a story about National Anti Bullying Awareness Month... Which I'm sure is a story a news cast would cover, she just had a nice example to share that went along with the story of bullying.. And IMO she has nothing to be embarrassed about and I feel she handled herself very professionally. and it seems that A LOT of her co-anchors/co-workers kinda pushed this along too

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

My hats off to this Lady....

She handled that with class and dignity.

She is right...
People have become more mean and heartless and the young kids are learning that behavior from the parents.

We need to teach them kindness and compassion towards others.

S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Eh. October isn't nationally recognized as such. I think it's just a small group that started that. Not that it matters.

However October is officially:
Clergy Appreciation Month (United States)
Pregnancy Loss and Infant Loss Awareness Month (United States)
Rett Syndrome Awareness Month
Filipino American History Month (in United States)
National Arts & Humanities Month (in United States)
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender History Month (LGBT History Month) (in United States)
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (in United States)
Fair Trade Month
Dwarfism Awareness Month
Auto Battery Safety Month
National Squirrel Awarness Month

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

She had to or better WANTED to put this out there because this type of behavior doesn't only go on in letters.

Overweight people don't get jobs, kids get bullied, and nasty stuff is said all the time.

Her point is this isn't correct behavior - it's rude and wrong and teaches children to bully.

Think twice before calling anyone names.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jhn7537

Eh. October isn't nationally recognized as such. I think it's just a small group that started that. Not that it matters.

However October is officially:
Clergy Appreciation Month (United States)
Pregnancy Loss and Infant Loss Awareness Month (United States)
Rett Syndrome Awareness Month
Filipino American History Month (in United States)
National Arts & Humanities Month (in United States)
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender History Month (LGBT History Month) (in United States)
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (in United States)
Fair Trade Month
Dwarfism Awareness Month
Auto Battery Safety Month
National Squirrel Awarness Month

And each of those deserve awareness too

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

She started to choke up on t.v. and got personal with the info about her husband. The whole thing seemed unprofessional to me. I mean, should people let bullying effect their lives this much. She gave the person too much importance. No intention to argue though.. just my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I didn't see any "destroying." In fact, isn't "destroying" a form of bullying itself? I mean, there's a difference between "destroying" and lecturing.

Either way, it was convenient to leave out the response from Kenneth Krause, the person who sent the original private email. Here it is for those who care: www.news8000.com...

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

She had 3 kids... Sometimes ladies put on weight after child birth. It could be a thyroid issue, it could be genetics...

It could be she eats too much.

She concedes that she is obese yet objects to someone pointing it out in reference to her being a poor role model for young girls.

Obese is the new gay?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

your link isnt working

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join