It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SerenityAva

Free speech ill give my opinion when i want to, you have the same right.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
As a medical professional (RN) am I now bullying when I tell a patient that they need to lose weight and what kind of health problems they will avoid by losing weight? I guess so. So I'll stop being such a bully. I'll tell all of my co-workers nationwide to stop this bullying.

Then we can all pony up the $$ it's going to take to treat our countries slow decline into high blood pressure, joint issues, hormone imbalences. Then there's the diabetes most of them get or already have, and it's subsequent high blood pressure, joint problems, kidney failure, blindness, neuropathys...

Saving people from all that. That's just bullying.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Its a feel good story

Ya, makes me feel good I'm not fat or bulimic.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I love the double standards in this world.

I bet if this had been a buff guy and someone emailed him saying he was a roid head or a dumb meat head no one would be rallying for him.

Here is a planet fitness commercial making fun of Body Builders implying they are STUPID

www.youtube.com...

Now if this was a fat person being made fun of there would be outrage.
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Would anyone disagree that being obese is a medical condition? Yet some of you are saying it's okay to call people out on this medical condition.

Alright then. To be perfectly fair, everyone that has medical conditions that can't be seen should have to wear a shirt everyday that has their medical conditions printed on it so that we can comment on all of those as well. Right down to your erectile dysfunction and your chronic verbal diarrhea.

Thank you to all of the people in this thread that show some basic human decency, without all of you this world would not be worth living in.

I sincerely hope that anyone who has read this thread and who is overweight or obese has not focused on the individuals here who seem unable to show compassion, understanding and decency. Please focus on living your lives to the best of your abilities at the current time and please remember that there are people in this world who recognize you as more than your weight, as people deserving of respect.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

As a medical professional speaking to YOUR patient about THEIR health condition it is fine and encouraged, that would be your job. It is not the general public's responsibility to be counseling people on their individual health if it is not asked for.

What about this is hard to understand?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Here is a question out of all the overweight people in America what percentage do you think are fat due to a legit medical reason? Be honest

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Troll wins!

Flawless Victory!!

It did bother her that is why she took air time to respond to the email. Whether the guy was serious about her weight concern or not he is right she is living unhealthy. Is she a poor role model?? i don't know about that.

This wasn't bullying. what was the man bullying her to do?? lose weight?? that is a good thing in the long run for her and her family

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
reply to post by SerenityAva

Free speech ill give my opinion when i want to, you have the same right.

You know what? I'll give you that one.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Well if the man had a medical profession I can see your point. By his email, I'm going to conclude he does not.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Absolutely Ridiculous.
She took a private email sent to her that was good willed and was constructive criticism, and she turns her personal problems into a news story and claims its bullying and suddenly everyone is on the bandwagon. Everyone seems to ignore the fact that she made this news, and basically attentionwhored it, not the email writer. And, she is obese, she is unhealthy, and she is setting a bad example for children. And dont bother saying "its not her fault" or "its impossible to lose weight" as these statements are utterly untrue. Speaking as a formerly fat person, it is completely the fault of the overweight person, they eat too much and they know it. This is a matter of physics, calories in

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Alot of it apparently.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

The e-mail WAS bullying. Why else would someone go completely out of their way to send a letter to a nice person who meant nothing to them, just to tell them they had a weight issue, which they were plainly already aware of?

Calling her lardo was worse than the e-mail though. Good thing she didn't read that or she'd be president by now.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

Maybe she was running fitness/wellness segments and needed to be called on it.
edit on 3-10-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
Would anyone disagree that being obese is a medical condition? Yet some of you are saying it's okay to call people out on this medical condition.

Alright then. To be perfectly fair, everyone that has medical conditions that can't be seen should have to wear a shirt everyday that has their medical conditions printed on it so that we can comment on all of those as well. Right down to your erectile dysfunction and your chronic verbal diarrhea.

Thank you to all of the people in this thread that show some basic human decency, without all of you this world would not be worth living in.

I sincerely hope that anyone who has read this thread and who is overweight or obese has not focused on the individuals here who seem unable to show compassion, understanding and decency. Please focus on living your lives to the best of your abilities at the current time and please remember that there are people in this world who recognize you as more than your weight, as people deserving of respect.

You are utterly ignoring the fact that obesity is a medical condition that is brought on completely by its sufferers, even with so much evidence piling up against how unhealthy obesity is, how many other conditions it brings on, and how much it affects the quality of life. Most people would call people who are addicted to drugs stupid or anything else derogatory, but its true. Addiction is a medical condition, but its the user's fault. The same goes with smoking. Its a common fact that smoking is awful for you and everyone will call smokers stupid, and there is now a huge stigma against smoking, and yet the damage and risks of obesity is just as bad as that of smoking, and yet if you call someone out on being obese, its "bullying".

The bias ive seen presented throughout this thread is extremely disturbing. Obesity is an awful medical condition, true, but its 100% the fault of the obese person. Even those with conditions such as hypothyroidism are still at fault. Hypothyroidism will reduce your BMR by 500 calories MAXIMUM, but this also means you have less hunger as you require less, and so you will still only get fat by your own fault. Furthermore, you can take thyroid hormones and be completely unaffected by the condition and have your natural metabolic rate restored.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

I have no idea. But I do know that people also become "fat" because of mental illness, and I would hazard to say that Obesity in itself has a strong psychological component.

The fact remains that no matter why a person is obese, it is still a medical condition.

I just want it known that if you are going to support the verbal lynching of the obese you need to support the verbal lynching of all medical conditions and the disclosure of all medical conditions if you are going to be fair on the issue.

Further you need to support the right of the "fat" person to stand up for themselves.

Obesity can be very dangerous, that isn't debatable but leave it to the person's medical professionals to council them on medical issues. Anyone in the general public trying to council on medical issues, whether well intended or not, is out of their scope.

And looking at some of these replies, "fat is disgusting" "obese people are lazy, pigs..." That is the mindset that I take exception with. That IS bullying. That IS stereotyping. That IS NOT helpful. It IS harmful. And that is why even well intentioned comments on a persons weight may be seen as bullying. It is a cumulative effect. This is not just an email from someone who may have been trying to be helpful, this is an email on top of probable years of nasty looks, years of nasty comments and it is an email that unless it was from HER doctor was not warranted.

I have stated that I am overweight. I understand that when I go out in public their is a good chance someone is going to feel that they should comment on my weight. Fine. But do not be surprised when I tell you that I know I'm fat and that you need to mind your own damn business.

I will not probably change your mind or anyone's mind here and that's fine but I've said my views and wish you a nice life.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Obesity is not always the person's "fault."

And as for those that are obese due to lifestyle alone.....

Are you advocating that we should dictate what people can and can not do to their bodies as long as what they do is currently legal? Really?

All of these people touting freedom unless it involves food. How convenient.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Not just nurses. Not just doctors. In our own (somewhat overweight) Surgeon Generals words. Everyone.

"Every one of us has an important role to play in the prevention and control of obesity. Mothers, fathers,teachers, business executives, child care professionals, clinicians, politicians, and government and community leaders—we must all commit to changes that promote the health
and wellness of our families and communities."

What's so hard to understand about that?

www.surgeongeneral.gov...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by JPhish

Actually, sometimes they really can't. Many people have medical problems that cause the weight, not to mention the chemicals they put in the food.

What you just did was a huge generalization of people based on how they look. And it just shows your bigotry and proves what i said, ironically.

I'm dumbfounded that you are this deluded.

If you stop eating you will lose weight.

This is a fact.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by JPhish

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
i see it like this... if she was sitting there every morning smoking cigarettes there would be an uproar

Being obese is just as, if not MORE unhealthy than smoking cigarettes.

The person who wrote the letter is right.

The news anchor is wrong.

It's that simple.

Especially when she equated being obese to having a particular skin color ...

You CHOOSE to be obese; you can't choose your race.
edit on 10/3/2012 by JPhish because: I wanted to point out another way this news anchor is being stupid ...

Now sometimes there is a actual medical problem and they do not choose to be obese. And Another thing Why do we use BMI? I have seen weight lifters have high BMI's and be called obese with nothing but 1 percent or less body fat. Its nothing but a way for weight watchers and other companies to make money. Peoples hatered of someone who looks different is really annoying.

As Someone who has been bullied in the past it really urks me to see these people who are supposedly denying ignorance by posting some of the most ignorant postings short of 4 chan or youtube i have seen in the past week. I was picked on for wearing glasses and my legs not being so good causing me to walk differently than everyone else. I did not choose to have bad eyes. I did not choose to have bad legs. SO before you go saying someone has a choice in every circumstance re think it and dont say a thing at all.

Weight lifters are actually pretty unhealthy and most of them take steroids which are also unhealthy.

The example you gave regarding yourself is completely different than the situation with this woman. She was not being bullied and she CHOOSES to be fat. You didn't choose to have bad eyes and perhaps you didn't choose to have "bad legs". What you made was a false analogy.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join