It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A nice moral message for once

Good for her. Not only is she highlighting how pathetic some people are, but she's also raising awareness.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Your husband is DISRESPECTING YOU in front of your child. That is not bullying, that's down right disgraceful.
He ought to know better. Perhaps you should counter by belittling his penis. That would probably do the trick and he would shut up about your weight.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by jhn7537

I don't see her meaning, she is a lardo, she should do some push backs ( you know where you push yourself back from the table instead of gouring your fat face) eat less move more works every time, it is scientifically proven to be the cure all diet for fatness.

I saw her being a bully, as he wrote a privvate message, she put it in the public and used her position to attempt to ridicule the guy for saying " hey you know, maybe you should try to be a better example, being on the news everyday and all that." She is a very pathetic person who was intentionally trying to bully someone in public, for somthing that was said in private.

I give her a fail, and a double thumbs down for being both fat and an idiot, for displaying the same behavior she was trying to accuse someone else of.

I honestly thought the letter was referring to the potential health risks of obesity, and nothing to do with her looks. That said, if anyone wants to google 'how many obese live to 65', you'll find a link claiming that over 30% of people 65 and older are obese. Just my opinion, but this is telling me that obesity isn't THAT dangerous. What do you think?
edit on 10/3/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It's about lean body mass, and body shape, not what the BMI says.

Those who have more lean body mass, and are active tend to outlive those who are less stocky, and sedentary.

Many skinny old people don't have enough "cushion" fat as energy reserves to overcome serious illnesses.

For a better indicator of health, try the absi

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
i see it like this... if she was sitting there every morning smoking cigarettes there would be an uproar

Being obese is just as, if not MORE unhealthy than smoking cigarettes.

The person who wrote the letter is right.

The news anchor is wrong.

It's that simple.

Especially when she equated being obese to having a particular skin color ...

You CHOOSE to be obese; you can't choose your race.
edit on 10/3/2012 by JPhish because: I wanted to point out another way this news anchor is being stupid ...

Now sometimes there is a actual medical problem and they do not choose to be obese. And Another thing Why do we use BMI? I have seen weight lifters have high BMI's and be called obese with nothing but 1 percent or less body fat. Its nothing but a way for weight watchers and other companies to make money. Peoples hatered of someone who looks different is really annoying.

As Someone who has been bullied in the past it really urks me to see these people who are supposedly denying ignorance by posting some of the most ignorant postings short of 4 chan or youtube i have seen in the past week. I was picked on for wearing glasses and my legs not being so good causing me to walk differently than everyone else. I did not choose to have bad eyes. I did not choose to have bad legs. SO before you go saying someone has a choice in every circumstance re think it and dont say a thing at all.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am curious of what prompted the letter. Was she promoting a healthy lifestyle in the morning show the writer was talking about?

The letter although insensitive is not the harshest I have seen or heard myself. If he was a Doctor would you feel the same about his comments? When the letter writer mentioned being a good public example did cross the line, but frankly I heard much, MUCH worse when I went to school.

Also is she using her position as a News Anchor to publicly shame someone...in case you wondering there is a name for that and it is very ironic indeed...The Bully Pulpit!

But here is the one thing that I gathered from this story that no one seems to care about. If the identity of that person is known they may be treated much more harshly, because of her bringing a huge amount of attention to this...
edit on 3-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
I honestly thought the letter was referring to the potential health risks of obesity, and nothing to do with her looks. That said, if anyone wants to google 'how many obese live to 65', you'll find a link claiming that over 30% of people 65 and older are obese. Just my opinion, but this is telling me that obesity isn't THAT dangerous. What do you think?
edit on 10/3/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

What the letter was implying was that she can't be an good example to children because she has a visible weakness. Obviously then, no one is qualified.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
So, yes, she is overweight. I feel for her, I do. I have no issue with her weight.

Trying to divert it to "anti bullying" on news.. Yeah, i want my children to be healthy, not to be screwed over by the media. If one has a chronic problem one can't help, i do understand. If one chooses to live a life of obesity when you can change the habit, it is your fault.

I will not love anyone less cause they "choose" a unhealthy lifestyle, but, for the kids out there being mind screwed to think it is "okay".. BS

I have never seen her show, and she does seem genuine. I am against "bullying" anyone but c'mon. One day when your child is struggling with ill health cause it is okay, we will talk again.

If she is overweight by choice or due to a chronic state is the question.

She is a real role model for real people and real children, not the hollywood crack heads/victims that kids make themselves sick trying to emulate.

THEY NEED TO SEE MORE LIKE HER!
edit on 3-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

Sorry, writing to a stranger and targetting any part of her appearance, IS BULLYING AND CRUEL. It's also agenda, programming, misogyny and to me ABUSE AGAINST WOMEN.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Sorry, writing to a stranger and targetting any part of her appearance, IS BULLYING AND CRUEL. It's also agenda, programming, misogyny and to me ABUSE AGAINST WOMEN.

Yea, because that's all the context we need...

How about: she was attempting to promote community health, and obviously wasn't the best role model to be doing so. How about someone wrote a letter to pressure her to change her ways. It's not bullying, it's being honest. The agenda is to have a better impact for her message to the community. Not that hard to see.

If this woman wants to promote wellness, she needs to get well herself, else she's a hypocrite.

Awe, does that sound like bullying to you?

Deal with it.
edit on 3-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack
reply to post by Unity_99

You sound like YOU'd be a bad role model for children. Quit hating on the actors/actresses

Being fat is unhealthy -- There is NO denying it. Quit trying to make us look like the bad guys for bringing up the issue. Instead of getting in everyones faces how about putting a small bit of effort into working on your physical appearances.

How superficial of you. There are ALOT of things that are unhealthy for you. Too much sex is unhealthy. Too much air is unhealthy. Too much water is unhealthy. Too much exercise is un healthy. See where I am going with this? They are not trying to make you look like a bad guy. You are doing that yourself. Another people who get judges on appearances are people who are arabian or indian. They dress differently..they have beards.. Sheesh where does the superficiality end?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am FAT and i do not agree with this video. I am currently trying to come to normal weight range for past few and i have lost some 40 pounds, still 20 to go and then i will be in normal range according to med charts. And i do think obesity is a big problem. i always thought the same way and i will.

But that being said, it is people's choice and they should not be harrassed or bullied for that. But I dont see any bullying in the video. I think she was in a BIG BIG denial mode and that e-mail burst her bubble. And what was said in that e-mail had no hate as i understand, it was actually a good mail saying that SHE was a rolemodel and so on and so on.

And finally when i first came to ATS the site was so much better and that was before a couple of years. And i just joined very recently. And i feel this video is not worthy of a thread. Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Jay

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I don't get it? The email hit the nail on the head. She just chose to whine about bullying rather than face up to the facts.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
It's convenient to comment on something when you're so far removed from it.

I think you need to read your own words over and over. And over.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I honestly don't where to stand on this. If a woman with a PERFECT body reported the news in a tiny bra and thong, would she be a good role models for kids? If the answer is no, then shouldn't SOMEBODY bring this to her attention?

If a concerned parent put her child on a diet, would any child say, "Why should I go on a diet? Just look at the woman on the news!"

Again, like I said, I don't know where to stand on this issue. Somebody enlighten me.

I will say this, though. I didn't sense any type of bullying in that letter.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Meh, who likes skinny chicks anyway. Personally, I think she's quite pretty.

I would not use the word fat I'd use curvy or reubenesque.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

JiggerJ, always the wisdom from you, always well timed and very much needed.

Over 65s do have a large proportion of of "overweight" people, however this is contributed to age not poor dietary choices. I am 34 this year, and starting get some love handles myself, as my metabolism slows down, which is also a side effect of aging. Yet I am still in very good shape when compared to many teens and 20 somthings now adays. As I watch what I eat, and exercise on a regular basis.

The reporter in question is not in the 65 crowd though, she is 30s max, maybe even upper 20s. Her problem is exclusively a eating to excess problem. Mixed with a helping of sloth, and even laziness on her part.

It is simply her being butthurt about the fact she is fat as hell, and looking to blame it on someone else. Hence her making a mountain out of a mole hill, and trying to blame a guy for being a bully, when she is the bully, using her public platform to single out and ridicule someone for telling the truth.

Just my 2 cents, not worth much, even less considering this economy, so as usual, grain of salt, make up your own minds, then repeat as necessary.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
she wasted 4 minutes on a NEWS program to wage a personal "fat acceptance" war she thinly veiled as a segment on bullying? how do you still have a job lady? i'll give the troll a 8/10 for an excellent effort.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Have to say I agree with you... the letter wasn't overly mean, it was making the point that public figures are "role models" in todays society so it's important for them to put across the right attitude, right image etc. This includes living a healthy lifestyle.

"Hey fatty try loosing a few pounds instead of stuffing your face with hamburgers fatty mcfatty"

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj
If a concerned parent put her child on a diet, would any child say, "Why should I go on a diet? Just look at the woman on the news!"

If my child said that, I would remind her that the news lady is a free person, and can decide how she wants to live her life. But we know it's healthy to maintain our weight and eat good food so that's what we're going to do.

I wouldn't say that the letter was meant to be bullying. If it was, it would have been more like, "You fat hog! You're an embarrassment" or something like that. It was quite cordial. But HURTFUL, nonetheless. No one wants to have their flaws noticed and pointed out by a COMPLETE STRANGER!

My position is that fat people KNOW they're fat. 99% of them are embarrassed about it. Most hate it, but can't figure out what to do about it. Everyone has hangups and emotional issues. But fat people's are the only ones that show physically at first glance. If you're insecure, have ADHD, obsessive/compulsive disorder, are addicted to cigarettes, drugs or are an alcoholic, people can't tell that by looking at you. So, you can walk down the street and no one knows your issues. You can hide your flaws from strangers.

But if you have an addiction to food and a bad relationship with food, it shows. Everywhere you go. Everybody knows. When you walk into a room, everyone knows immediately that you're fat. And there are so many misconceptions about fat people that are assumed... He's lazy, no self-control, she doesn't care about herself, he's a slob, whatever. They're all associated with being fat, so the instant judgment, no matter where you go, is that you're a fat, lazy slob who doesn't give a crap.

So bringing up someone's obesity in this way - not knowing the newscaster at all - is just an amazingly insensitive and crude thing to do. Talk about an unsolicited opinion! The email writer has a lot of balls.

It would be one thing if I was concerned for my best friend and I had a heart-to-heart with her. But this is a complete stranger!

I didn't even address the issue of young girls trying to be thin as a rail because of what they see on TV. This woman being on TV tells the young chunky girl that the bullies at school who are teasing her all the time are wrong. It tells them that they ARE worth something and DO have a contribution to make.

I don't know if that made it any clearer for you, but it's my position. And I speak from experience. I recently lost 70 lbs.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join