It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
Even the first lady has talked about the obesity epidemic.

This anchor can not control herself. Something needs to be said.

The image she is giving is that its ok to be obese.

The women admitted she needs help,

She needs a leave of absence maybe a lap band surgery and get
her weight under control.

Wihtout a fiull blown horn tooting.. I was a model when younger and a perfect hourglass even now at my age. I was VERY athletic and am still involved in sports. I am female. I am just genetically not prone to putting on fat all over and my musculature is heavy.. a dense sort of muscle that weighs a lot, though doesnt look big. I also have a normal amt of female fat.. boobs, butt.. etc. By the nutritionists llittle fat pincher and electric pad scale thingy.. my BMI was too high. I was "overweight" but by all accounts in great physical shape. Right now Im 5'4" and 135 or so lbs. Roughly 41-31-43... do I sound obese?? I have no jiggle whatsoever but in my boob and butt.. and my stomach is ripped. Obese? Really?? Well, thats what the charts the almighty Dr has showed. There is a flaw in the calculations obviously and every athlete will tell you this. I had to weigh in for a certain thing I was competing in last yr.. boy is that whole thing flawed. I had to class up in the competition and my opponent was a freaking nephilim.. though we were in the same weight class. LOL! The numbers and the reality are widely different things.

The anchor is overweight. Her choice and maybe its not from gluttony. I refuse to regulate or support regulating what a person puts into their mouth. What a slippery slope thats become. MANY factors feed into this whole "fat" thing. I tend to think the best policy is to NEVER comment on someone else's body unless you know them, are an intimate, and its done with support, love and care. For some random ass to just email this nonsense.. pretty rude and pretty ignorant. Nowhere did I see care or concern in that email. The emailer was no one to the anchor.. who is the person to comment?? Does the emailer think her thoughts are so profound she needs to share them and so perfect that she can judge without knowledge of the person?? Weird people. People are weird as hell.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
She didn't really destroy him....it would have been more of a destruction if it was a live conversation between the anchor and the email writer.

She is fat...and she may die prematurely because of it....the email writer indirectly was trying to tell her to lose weight so that her health can improve.

I for one support the email writer. Would I say something like that to anyone? No, not if they were one of my closest friends I cared about.

She is a big pusher of community health and as such she should be held accountable. No where in her statement did I hear her say she was taking any steps for improvement. I think it is very dangerous to the community as a whole for this lady to stand up and tell everyone it is ok to be obese. She should be up there giving obese people the strength to battle their problem which obviously isn't as easy as just stop eating.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am very disturbed by some of the responses here. Calling her disgusting, saying she needs to stop stuffing her face and lose weight, etc. is just hateful. Isn't hate speech against the T&C here? Some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves.

I do agree that the email doesn't really constitute bullying, and didn't even come off all that hateful, but the tone of it is definitely insulting. There's no reason he had to send that email in the first place. As others have said, she knows she's fat and nobody in this thread even knows the why behind it. She could have other problems or maybe she does just eat too much, we don't know so speculating does no one any good.

I also agree with some of you that she should have ignored and deleted the email instead of giving the guy any recognition whatsoever. Bullies (not saying he is one) lash out at others to feel better about themselves and I also think it's attention seeking behavior.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i got bored of this discussion, after the entire first page is a how-to embed video discussion.

it got a little ridiculous after the second person chimed in...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Props to Ms. Livingstone!

I will admit most Wisconsinites don't have trim bodies (myself included), but we are at least happy with our appearance as long as we are particularly healthy. Yes, we eat a lot of fatty foods, but that's how our cultures are, especially if you are from German descent.

I can tell you straight off, I used to eat such delicious fare as hamburgers with onions fried in its own grease, roast turkey and duck-skin and all slathered in gravy, deep fried bluegills, ham marinated in 7Up and Kartoffelwurst (potato sausage). My great grandma used to make Blutwurst with pork fat drippings, and she would fry anything in grease or butter, yet she was fairly skinny.

These are the people who need to be our role models because they show us that everyone is beautiful, no matter what body size you are.

As long as you keep a balance of healthy to unhealthy foods, just eat whatever you want to eat.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You know bullies send "private" messages to kids. I've had it done to me. I'm not sure I understand why its okay to give your opinion of someone's weight when they haven't asked for it. I personally think she did a great job. It was 4 minutes of air time, big whoop. How about we see something else instead of the political madness going on. I don't believe she is saying its okay to be over weight. She admitted to it. Therefore I believe that it means she knows it's bad. If your kids or anyone else think its okay to be over weight because of watching some anchor woman who is, there is something wrong with their priorities. 
How dare she raise awareness!! Especially when kids and teenagers are killing themselves because of things like this. A simple letter, someone putting there own, rude opinion when it was not asked. 
edit on 3-10-2012 by SerenityAva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Wihtout a fiull blown horn tooting.. I was a model when younger and a perfect hourglass even now at my age. I was VERY athletic and am still involved in sports. I am female. I am just genetically not prone to putting on fat all over and my musculature is heavy.. a dense sort of muscle that weighs a lot, though doesnt look big. I also have a normal amt of female fat.. boobs, butt.. etc. By the nutritionists llittle fat pincher and electric pad scale thingy.. my BMI was too high. I was "overweight" but by all accounts in great physical shape. Right now Im 5'4" and 135 or so lbs. Roughly 41-31-43... do I sound obese?? I have no jiggle whatsoever but in my boob and butt.. and my stomach is ripped. Obese? Really?? Well, thats what the charts the almighty Dr has showed. There is a flaw in the calculations obviously and every athlete will tell you this. I had to weigh in for a certain thing I was competing in last yr.. boy is that whole thing flawed. I had to class up in the competition and my opponent was a freaking nephilim.. though we were in the same weight class. LOL! The numbers and the reality are widely different things.

The anchor is overweight. Her choice and maybe its not from gluttony. I refuse to regulate or support regulating what a person puts into their mouth. What a slippery slope thats become. MANY factors feed into this whole "fat" thing. I tend to think the best policy is to NEVER comment on someone else's body unless you know them, are an intimate, and its done with support, love and care. For some random ass to just email this nonsense.. pretty rude and pretty ignorant. Nowhere did I see care or concern in that email. The emailer was no one to the anchor.. who is the person to comment?? Does the emailer think her thoughts are so profound she needs to share them and so perfect that she can judge without knowledge of the person?? Weird people. People are weird as hell.

She did say...or her husband said...On Good Morning America that she has a thyroid condition, most likely hypothyroid

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't care what kind of thyroid condition your have or what other medial thing you got going on. I've NEVER seen someone do a regiment of workout like P90x, Insanity or hell even just going to Tai Chi on a regular basis (regular is not once a week dammit) and NOT lose weight and get in shape.

You have to ENGAGE yourself in a solid, healthy practice, lose the chemicals (Aspartame is many time more dangerous to an obese person than sugar, remember), and keep at it. Some will lose weight and get in shape more quickly than others, but the important thing is change. Improvement from one month to the next. When I first started, I could do maybe one pushup, and not one single chin-up. Hahahaha... that was, uh, 3 months ago. Quite a different story now.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

As in everything else in life, is a matter of opinion. I do respect yours but I stand in what I said. And I wasn't talking at all about paper thin girls but exactly the type of girls you just named. Appearance is just one side of the story. Let's not talk about the life style, marriage and divorce, sex videotapes and sex scandals of this so called celebrities...all being feed constantly in our subconscious. Do you want me to talk about the end result?

Jennifer Hudson, /end argument.

The only scandal she was involved in was a tragic circumstance. I'm tired of "blame the media" being used as an excuse for everything. Stop being a mindless drone if you think it affects your life that much...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh

She did say...or her husband said...On Good Morning America that she has a thyroid condition, most likely hypothyroid

Then she has damn good reason for her weight issue.. and should drive home the idiocy of commenting on someones body when you have no idea what they're talking about.
Hypothyroidism causes a heck of a lot more than weight gain.. that should be the least of concern ( including the opinions of others) for this woman.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You know what? I needed this right now. It really hit home, and has actually made me see my situation for what it is.

As others have said, you should not live with someone who belittles you in any way. Ultimately, it is up to you, but the actions you have described are of someone who is not happy with their life, and is trying to make you unhappy as well. Hopefully you can talk to your husband, and rectify the situation. I will say that parents who argue do more to damage a child by staying together, than by divorcing and providing a better situation. I am not saying that you argue needlessly, or at all, just stating my point of view from my own experience.

It's not about bashing anything or anyone. Honestly, it's about promoting healthy societal norms.

Your idea of normal, or my idea of normal? Or, that one guy who believe is Eugenics...maybe his idea of societal norms? The point here, is that you can't tell anyone what normal is, or how they should live their lives.

That's 1. Health care...private health care Even in a system of shared, public health care, it still places a strain upon society.

I was wondering when this one was going to show up. You already said you smoke, so speaking to anyone else about health care is a non-issue. But, just for the sake of argument, we all ingest pesticides and chemicals to one degree or another, so none of us on this planet can truly say we live a healthy life. And, even if you do grow all of your own foods, and try to live as healthy as possible, what part does pollution play, if any? How about those who truly do have some problem with their metabolism?

Health care takes all of these factors into account when you pay your premium. Not just those with obesity, but all of those, from people who smoke and get cancer, to those that drink and murder others when they use their vehicle as a weapon.

We're all about freedom here within the United States, but let me tell you something...the little Maginot line that you value so much has little to do with societal expectations and social norms. Those are two totally different ballgames. Like I mentioned with the marriage issue, there are certain societal goals in place that are either enumerated or understood. You're free to be a racist bigot. You're free to use profane language in public. You're free to dress like "inappropriately", and you're free to have piercings on every inch of your face; however, is it frowned upon or is it accepted. You know what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about joining any flock of sheep, or becoming another cattle in the herd. I'm talking about things that are unacceptable because they promote unhealthy or unseemly trends. Obesity is one of those unseemly trends. I'm not about to allow racists to spew their crap in the streets just because they can. I'm not going to allow people to dress in a tanktop and flipflops in a court room just because they can. I'm not going to allow people to break down the essence of physical human beauty and health simply because "they feel comfortable".

Again, your idea of normal. Your idea of what is profane. Your idea of what is beautiful. Your ideas are no better than my own, or others. That is the essence of freedom. If you don't allow racists to attack people based on skin color, why do you allow people to attack others based on weight? You can call people out all day long, it doesn't change my life one bit. It does, however, speak to character. If you have the right to be a nicotine addict, they have a right to be addicted to food.

Obesity should not be accepted and allowed into the social norm. It is a disease, and it kills. It should be handled through education, personal regulation of caloric intake, and regular exercise.

Really, I must say that societal norms...? In 2012? Society is diverse, not normal. And, I know, alcoholism is a disease, obesity is a disease, and eating one million oranges nonstop is a disease, as well, by it's own definition. It's really an overused modern phrase that no longer has any real meaning, due to it's open ended definition.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I don't care what kind of thyroid condition your have or what other medial thing you got going on. I've NEVER seen someone do a regiment of workout like P90x, Insanity or hell even just going to Tai Chi on a regular basis (regular is not once a week dammit) and NOT lose weight and get in shape.

You have to ENGAGE yourself in a solid, healthy practice, lose the chemicals (Aspartame is many time more dangerous to an obese person than sugar, remember), and keep at it. Some will lose weight and get in shape more quickly than others, but the important thing is change. Improvement from one month to the next. When I first started, I could do maybe one pushup, and not one single chin-up. Hahahaha... that was, uh, 3 months ago. Quite a different story now.

Did you know that with hypothyroidism, weight gain is only ONE of the problems. The other symptoms of the disease can prevent folks from taking your all knowing advise. Do you know if she has lost some weight recently? Has she been doing things to lose weight? Why are you , being ignorant of the real health issues of hypothyroidism, so rabid about the weight and not the persons health struggles? Rhetorical question.. dont bother answering...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
All she did was take the email and try and turn it into news. The guy who emailed her was not bullying her, if anything, he was looking out for her best interests. Obesity is a major problem in the United States, and all he did was ask her to consider doing something about her obesity and promote a healthy lifestyle. His email was polite, he was not bullying or making fun of her, and if she is already aware that she is overweight then why is she so offended about him pointing out the obvious? It's not like he took this public to hurt her image, she made it public herself by exposing the email. And the part that makes me angry the most is that she used the email and twisted it into coinciding with Bulling Awareness Month. How is telling someone they are overweight and that they should clean up their image by promoting a health lifestyle bullying? It is advice. Very good advice at that. She says that people need to be more tolerable, but if people become more tolerable to obesity rather than trying to tackle the problem, then we're going to have to come up with a new standard for door sizes and hospital beds in America.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This lady is blaming other people for her own problems..

If she is not happy with being fat then she needs to loose weight..

She is not a radio personal she is a public figure on tv.

Her admitting she has a problem is the first thing she can
do in her denial.
When she fixes her weight problem no one is going
to complain about her weight..

GROW SOME SKIN!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by llBll

She "NEEDS" to loose weigh? Who are you to tell her how she can express herself in her own body?

reply to post by PvtHudson

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Oh please. The so called tolerant left is always calling out people as fat and it's fine as long as they have different points of view. I'm so tired of the ever changing PC goal post.

Fine, then be a malicious person who uses words to intentionally insult people, show the world your true colors so they can know how you REALLY are.

reply to post by goh13

Originally posted by goh13
If you are fat, you are damn fat and should do something about it OR shut the hell up. Did she do something about it? No. Did she shut the hell up? No. So what is the problem?

Saying "shut up" is the most disgusting thing you can say if you claim to believe in freedom of speech. So she should "shut the hell up" but not the person who is getting in the business of HER personal life, right?

They both have freedom of speech...

reply to post by popcornmafia

do in her denial.

GROW SOME SKIN!!

Well, just like people got the right to voice their opinion and complain about how a women is expressing herself in her own damn physical body; she has the right to respond to such controlling individuals...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Did you know that with hypothyroidism, weight gain is only ONE of the problems. The other symptoms of the disease can prevent folks from taking your all knowing advise. Do you know if she has lost some weight recently? Has she been doing things to lose weight? Why are you , being ignorant of the real health issues of hypothyroidism, so rabid about the weight and not the persons health struggles? Rhetorical question.. dont bother answering...

Oh no, I will answer. I am not all-knowing, I only know what I know from experience and observation, like ALL humans. Hypothyroidism, as it turns out, is prevalent in my wife's side of the family. I am *quite aware* of its effects. I will choose not to post pics of my family members, but I do have pics of, let's call it "before" and "after". In "before" pics, we have a person who weighs over 300lbs. This person decided to do something about it DESPITE the medical condition of hypothyroidism and underwent surgery for stomach reconstruction. This was in the time before the band was perfected. Along with this came a total change in diet, and exercise. To do one without the other would be an immediate setup for failure. So the changes were all made at the same time. FURTHER, this same person has a debilitating Achilles heel injury, so doing exercise is near impossible unless great care is taken with the heel and all that goes with.

Despite that, my family member who came through this adversity is in shape, lean, and with thyroid medication able to maintain a healthy happy lifestyle.

But, that's all I know.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by jhn7537

I don't see her meaning, she is a lardo, she should do some push backs ( you know where you push yourself back from the table instead of gouring your fat face) eat less move more works every time, it is scientifically proven to be the cure all diet for fatness.

I saw her being a bully, as he wrote a privvate message, she put it in the public and used her position to attempt to ridicule the guy for saying " hey you know, maybe you should try to be a better example, being on the news everyday and all that." She is a very pathetic person who was intentionally trying to bully someone in public, for somthing that was said in private.

I give her a fail, and a double thumbs down for being both fat and an idiot, for displaying the same behavior she was trying to accuse someone else of.

i agree completely, nothing he said was out of line. it the same thing the coaching association i am a pert of told us "get in shape because kids dont want nutrition and conditioning advice from someone out of shape.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

This lady is blaming other people for her own problems..

If she is not happy with being fat then she needs to loose weight..

She is not a radio personal she is a public figure on tv.

do in her denial.

GROW SOME SKIN!!

overweight people almost always place blame on someone else, its aprt of the denial of being lazy. fat people are more likely to opt for surgury and miracle pills than to do the age old, time tested trick of EXERCISE.

overweight people always have an excuse "i hurt my knee 15 years ago" "i have breathing problems" "i dont have time im so busy".

no one is saying you have to be skinny, but you should have to be healthy 5'6 and 300lbs is not healthy in any capacity. these people have no self respect.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

I didn't say I smoke. Where are you getting that from?

You're mixing up posters and framing information INcorrectly. I don't smoke, do drugs, or engage in any dangerous activity. I have an occasional drink on some Fridays. I lift four days a week and walk or jog a mile back and forth from the gym. I'll address your other claims shortly. Be sure, when quoting people, that you know who you're talking to.

EDIT: I just read the rest of your post. I'm not going to school you about unspoken vs enumerated societal norms. That you should know.

Also, correct your post if you quote me, because you're framing me to be something that I'm not, health wise. I take pride in my health.
edit on 3-10-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
bullies? isn't this grade school stuff?

in real life... doesn't bullying take part in our everyday things... on a much larger scale... in the corporate world... anything involving money....

You don't have to call someone "fat" to be a "bully"....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join