It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions that cant be anwsered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
is there really such thing as time or reality?is it a stage of mind?what is the meaning of life?how are souls made and were do they come from?is time pre staged or changeable?if you can predict the future, can you still change it?if the bible says you are going to DIE febuary 6 , can u change destiny?
is life a gaint matrix?
All these Questions and no awnsers.............
what are your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

is there really such thing as time or reality?is it a stage of mind?what is the meaning of life?how are souls made and were do they come from?is time pre staged or changeable?if you can predict the future, can you still change it?if the bible says you are going to DIE febuary 6 , can u change destiny?
is life a gaint matrix?
what are your thoughts?

The answer to all of your questions is: it depends.

MK

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
er? your just about covering most of the forums on ATS there,

is there really such thing as time or reality?

Well you placed this post at a certain point of time and the reality is that im replying to it.

what is the meaning of life?

You might (if your lucky) find that out one day on your own but i bet if i discover it are "meanings"will be different.

can u change destiny?

if its your destiny,then it becomes your destiny as it happens,not before-everyone can make choices to some degree,by making choices you choose your future,for example if its predicted on february the 6th your going to fall overboard on a boat and drown,then if you choose your whole life to never get on a boat your not going to fall over the side of one and drown are you.

is life a gaint matrix?

what do you mean by matrix? are you refering to the film?

regards.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The meaning of life the universe and everything in it: 42

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

is there really such thing as time

Of course there is time.

...or reality?

Again, reality exists.

is it a stage of mind?

Absolutely. Time and reality exists in our brains.

what is the meaning of life?

What is the meaning of the universe? what is the meaning of God? after all, everything, including God, has no real purpose.

how are souls made and were do they come from?

There is no such thing as a soul. It is just an impression created from a highly advanced brain that has the ability to reflect upon itself.

is time pre staged or changeable?

If we admit that the universe is governed only by physical laws, then it is pre-staged. It may be chaotic, due to the incredibly big number of variables, but since there are rules that govern it, everything can be predicted.

If we had a big enough computer, we could simulate it.

if you can predict the future, can you still change it?

Yes. Because at some point in time, the universe itself has made a mechanism that is cleverer than the universe. This mechanism can take decisions, thus altering the universe's course.

if the bible says you are going to DIE febuary 6 , can u change destiny?

The bible is by no means the best guide for this sort of discussion. It is primitive, outdated, and there are much better philoposhical books out there.

is life a gaint matrix?

Yes, it is. What we are living might be a simulation inside a computer. Google for the simulation argument for details.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thruth
what are your thoughts?

It's really straight forward, as ANOK proposed --,......YES and NO !!

YO, Thruth, You can actively participate in this...er, passion-play?, by choosing a part or character !

OR, elect to be flotsam in the cauldron of life.... adrift in the currents of a stirred pot, mixed in with ingredients made ready by "The Mill Of Time"

Adrift in the warming waters of rhetoric? or what? Your choice (s)

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
well i think you can change you destiny becasause some on or something cannot stop you killing some one or winning a million pound can they.

i think we are all here for a reason when you die and you will find out what it was all for but i dont know who agrees with me.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have the answer to one question I think most people could agree with.

The meaning of life is to eat, sleep, and procreate. The continuation of the species.

Oh yes, and being an athiest, I could care less what the bible says, it is all a bunch of hoo-hah anyway. It can feck off.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What would you gain form knowing the answers? Surely you'd simply have more questions...and who could guarentee those could be as easily answered?

Is it better to know barely antyhing about something or to know nothing but have an assumption?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Any question has an answer. Some questions have absolute answers.

People arguing over the answers will not negate that there may be an absolute answer that they are unaware of.

Time exists, it is the difference between static and fluid. Reality exists and there is an absolute reality that does not depend on perspective, although all perspectives can be part of it.

I know only the meaning of my life. I do not believe in a factory that manufactures souls.

The Bible has no more bearing on destiny than any other literary work. Meaning is found in it by those who seek meaning in it. Many other scriptures written by men and women offer different meanings.

You cannot fight against nature, for when you do fight against nature, it's part of nature too.

So, why must there be unanswerable questions? This century machines will be able to learn all human knowledge in milliseconds and when they determine what new knowledge ought to be 'discovered' they will find the new knowledge, independent of human interaction, at the rate of hundreds of years of human development each second. What joy!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The meaning of life the universe and everything in it: 42

Am I missing something here? I have to admit that I am intrigued by what 42 has to do with anything. Tell us.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kompaktor
I have the answer to one question I think most people could agree with.

The meaning of life is to eat, sleep, and procreate. The continuation of the species.

Oh yes, and being an athiest, I could care less what the bible says, it is all a bunch of hoo-hah anyway. It can feck off.

I would have to disagree, Kompak. I know you do more than this in your routine and so do I. Why do we spend most of our waking hours doing everything but eating and having sex? Most of this time is spent working to pay bills. If your next offspring does these same things to just produce endless working to support eating, sleeping, and having time to procreate and pay to raise children, then what is the point? Will they not just exist to do the same thing?

I appreciate a good athiest, being a christian myself, but at least you can understand the fine points of what Jesus had to say about aspects of life that have nothing to do with furthering our physical existence. He taught mainly about having love towards others, which in most circumstances will make you a peacable person and can keep you out of a lot of trouble. Whether you believe in a God, you have to admit that, notwithstanding the obvious contraditions, the Bible does have a lot of good advice on how to live life without a lot of conflict - if you read between the lines.

The difference between you (an athiest) and me (a believer) is that when we are about to die, I have something to hope for and you may still be contemplating what will happen next. In my mind, it doesnt matter what happens next, but you will eventually be in a struggle for losing all that you know, while I will have peace to know that the end of life is a beginning.

top topics

join