It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So a lot of 'feminism' hate going off recently

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm sure many of the frequent lurkers and posters have noticed this?

I can't help but wonder what the issue is?

If I got married I'd LOVE to have the wife be the bread winner. Workplace environments stress me out to the point of violence. I'd be more than happy to stay at home and cook the food, clean the house, do the shopping, and my favorite part watch the kids! I wonder sometimes why many women these days don't want to be the housekeeper and raise the children. I love being around kids they bring out my lighter side and stoke the nearly burnt out fire that is my hope for humanity!

If you gals wanna have a shot at ruling the world and cultivating a career have at it I say! I'll stay home and do the thankless stuff because it reminds me I have a soul.
edit on 2-10-2012 by corvuscorrax because: typos (b^^)b

also I noticed this is in the religion subtopic that wasn't intended feel free to move.
edit on 2-10-2012 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
we've created this weird culture of expectations that can never be met.

I believe a man and a women should hold equal responsibilities for the raising of a child.

complete system reform needed...we can't continue down this path forever.. something needs to change..

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I believe a man and a women should hold equal responsibilities for the raising of a child.

complete system reform needed...we can't continue down this path forever.. something needs to change..

Would you not say that one earning the money to enable proper care for a child and the other primarly maintaining the domicile and watching the child while the other is at work is equal responsibility?

It's a lot to ask to say both spouses have equal time with a child in this world.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well the predominant theme of the bible is women were made to be subservient to men, not the other way around and being in the Image of God, us depicting him as being subservient would be insulting to him. In fact part of Revelation deals with women of the Jezebel nature, and if you want to see what Jezebel is like you know where to look judging by your signature. Needless to say women of the Jezebel spirit really set God's eyes ablaze in Revelation 2:18-23.

Women with the Jezebel spirit are domineering, controlling, manipulative, coniving and may even use sex to obtain what they want. Like i said read up on Jezebel to see the kind of women God hates and you'll understand the part about Revelation i quoted. Jezebel was mentioned in Revelation because she is really on his sh*tlist.
edit on 2-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorrax

Would you not say that one earning the money to enable proper care for a child and the other primarly maintaining the domicile and watching the child while the other is at work is equal responsibility?

It's a lot to ask to say both spouses have equal time with a child in this world.

I would agree, but parenting should be without the necessity of it being carried out by one gender or the other.

What I mean is, it shouldn't be a man's sole responsibility to earn the income while the woman stays at home.
And vice versa. It should depend on personal factors not based on an ancient societal decision.

i'm certain you know this though.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well the predominant theme of the bible is women were made to be subservient to men, not the other way around and being in the Image of God, us depicting him as being subservient would be insulting to him. In fact part of Revelation deals with women of the Jezebel nature, and if you want to see what Jezebel is like you know where to look judging by your signature. Needless to say women of the Jezebel spirit really set God's eyes ablaze in Revelation 2:18-23.

Women with the Jezebel spirit are domineering, controlling, manipulative, coniving and may even use sex to obtain what they want. Like i said read up on Jezebel to see the kind of women God hates and you'll understand the part about Revelation i quoted. Jezebel was mentioned in Revelation because she is really on his sh*tlist.
edit on 2-10-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

While I would be described as a... docile soul at times I'm smart enough to know when I'm being manipulated (I've gotten quite good at it myself) and I would not stick around if I felt my working class wife was dominating, controlling, or using sex as leverage on me. We would have a good talk about it and if nothing changed I would make it change by leaving thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorrax

I would agree, but parenting should be without the necessity of it being carried out by one gender or the other.

What I mean is, it shouldn't be a man's sole responsibility to earn the income while the woman stays at home.
And vice versa. It should depend on personal factors not based on an ancient societal decision.

i'm certain you know this though.

Quite
I make this point because I'm not really cut out for making money. Being an autistic high school dropout isn't really good on a resume.

And from what I've observed personally it's becoming more commonplace for men to be somewhat meek and subservient and women to be hardworking and ambitious. This obviously isn't the norm but it's becoming much more prevelant in my eyes.

join