It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last night I finally had my first fully conscious lucid dream!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hello all!

For years now, I have been attempting to have a lucid dream. Usually, I start to notice I am dreaming and then the realization jolts me fully awake. I have had a few dreams where I've recognized I was dreaming, but then I either wake up or lose the realization and fall into deeper sleep. Last night, it finally happened!

I was tired, since I have been working a lot of on-call support, outside of my standard work hours, lately. I took care of an issue around 7 pm and went to bed around 9:30 pm. My man was not feeling well, and he woke up in the middle of the night and went in to the sofa, where the air conditioning is cooler. When he got up, that woke me up and then I tossed and turned for a couple of hours and had trouble falling back asleep. He must have gotten up right around the end of one of my normal sleep cycles, because I felt fairly alert and thought it must be near the time the alarm would go off.

I kept telling myself to go back to sleep, because I really need it since I can be paged any time for the on-call duty, but I had a hard time settling down and falling asleep. I finally got up and looked at the clock just after 4:30 am and realized I had over an hour before the alarm was going to go off.

I finally drifted off and I was in a dream where my dogs were also in the dream... and so was my childhood dog, who passed away years ago. It dawned on me that this had to be a dream, because he passed away when I was in college. I then recognized that I was in a dream, and I tried to look at my hands, which I have been trying to do ever since reading "The Art of Dreaming".

This is where I usually wake up, but FINALLY it happened!!!! I was able to look at my hands without waking up, recognize that they were misshapen (stumps for most of my fingers) and confirmed consciously that I was dreaming, at which point I was fully conscious, while still within the dream, for the first time ever!!

I determined to fly and drifted right up to the ceiling as soon as I focused on it. It only lasted a minute or so and then I did wake up, but I continued to drift off and then notice I was still dreaming, and start to float up again, for a series of maybe 5-6 times, all much shorter than the initial episode. Then, the alarm went off and I woke up for the last time.

I am so glad it finally happened! I have been trying to see my hands for YEARS when I start to realize that I am dreaming. This is the first time it happened and I was able to see my hands, recognize I was dreaming, and continue to dream and direct myself to fly. I started to have heavy vibrations in between the episodes, but nothing else happened on that level, as far as I was aware. I am hoping I will be able to repeat this in the future, and then maybe eventually I will be able to get so far as a full OOBE.

Thanks for reading... I was excited and had to share with my fellow ATSers!

Gwynnhwyfar
edit on 2-10201210-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Spelling

edit on 2-10201210-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10201210-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10201210-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Breaking up wall of text paragraphs.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I remember once knowing i was dreaming....deep

have you every flown....i flew about 5 times now.....deeper still

peace
edit on 2-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Yes, I have flown in dreams fairly often lately, but only incidentally, as a part of the dream. This was the first time I was able to do it intentionally, after recognizing I was dreaming, and verifying via the "hand test"!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I often realize im dreaming, Id say about once a month for as long as I can remember. I have flown countless times. I have tons of fun in my dreams. Look up astral projection. Im not saying that you will travel to other dimensions but Ive practiced some exercises with some crazy results.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

haha..i missed that paragraph.....so you flew when you knew you were dreaming...double whammy.

what gave you that ability/sensation...you reko it was something you ate or drank before hand...you rekon the change of season helps..... or maybe something small like you had your back uncovered.

peace

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by salmoneggs

Yes, I know, I have read lots of books on lucid dreaming and astral projection, and have been trying for a long, long time. You are lucky if it just comes naturally to you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

haha..i missed that paragraph.....so you flew when you knew you were dreaming...double whammy.

what gave you that ability/sensation...you reko it was something you ate or drank before hand...you rekon the change of season helps..... or maybe something small like you had your back uncovered.

peace

Honestly, I think it is because my work schedule has me constantly sleep deprived during my on-call duty. So, the act of realizing I was dreaming didn't cause me to wake up like it usually does, when I am well rested.

As soon as I realized I might be dreaming, I tried to look at my hands, which is the nifty-swifty consciousness test from "The Art of Dreaming" (fascinating book, if you haven't read it) and for the first time I was able to do it and verify that I was dreaming without having that realization itself wake me up. Once I was conscious within the dream, and knew that I was still in the dream even though I was aware, then the first thing I thought of was to fly, which I did.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Great stuff...It's encouraging somehow to know or read about success in the lucid dreaming world. I hope you move forward with this. The whole thing fascinates me, I mean if you can gain total control in the dreaming state, what does it say about the waking state? Could it be illusion, completely created by us and merely the idea that waking state is simply where we've chosen to focus? Thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Great stuff...It's encouraging somehow to know or read about success in the lucid dreaming world. I hope you move forward with this. The whole thing fascinates me, I mean if you can gain total control in the dreaming state, what does it say about the waking state? Could it be illusion, completely created by us and merely the idea that waking state is simply where we've chosen to focus? Thanks for posting

Ha! I have been an ATS member for several years, and a lurker, for a year or so before that, and have had a strong interest in dreams all my life, and yet I didn't consider that possibility until just now, when I read your reply. Wow, wouldn't that be a (literal) trip!!!

top topics

join