It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Is Time; The Essay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Some months ago I started a thread entitled, “God Is Time” in this forum. It was an eye-opening enterprise to say the least, in which I was quickly indoctrinated into the world of ATS and as to just exactly what kind of minds loiter these hallways of namelessness. Some of my commentators where straight and to the point, admonishing and edifying me and helping me grow my idea and my defences, though they may not have agreed even partially with my conclusions. While others took such offence to my thoughts that, with eyes so filled with red, they could barely scrape up the limpidity to come across as even remotely rational. To each their own.
The most superlative thing I learned was (that regardless of what the response was and irrelevant of whether or not the person responding even really understood what I was trying to communicate) that I grew exponentially and broadened my learning base. It forced me to better my self and my argument.
Secondly, I learned that until you build and adequate bridge of initial assumptions, you cannot expect anyone to meet you on your island of conclusion.
So, posted below is a link that will take you to a blog I started on which I have posted my essay in it's current “condition”. I invite anyone who has a fair bit of spare time to invest (time that I do not take for granted if it is given to me) to stop over and read what I have thus far. I encourage you to impugn my ideals, challenge my assumptions, test the science, and most of all help me fill in my information and nail down the loose ends. You will find many things highlighted as you read. These passages indicate where I have yet to locate a good source for the topic at hand or where I have been stumped for wording or all-together lost steam.
My hope is to renew my vigour for completing this project and to get to know more of the self-made scholars, the lunatics, the autodidacts, the spin-cases and the zealots that lurk and learn here on ATS.
Thank you and goodnight

Philodemus
Daniel

P.S. It is a lengthy read. You have been warned.

godistimethebook.blogspot.ca..." target="_blank" class="postlink">essay

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

Let it be in an Infinite Universe One Exists as Infinity. The Infinity is God. Embrace God as One.

[We are all One.]

We are being invited to realize that we are Time.

Fix your link btw...
edit on 2-10-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Talk about synchronicity,I just posted a comment....If the universe is infinite, there is no edge and no middle.... you can't measure infinity.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Your link isn't working.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

I would go even further. God is SPACE and TIME is just measuring the MOVEMENTS within SPACE.

Think about it, the only difference between "day" and "night" is the spinning of Earth. A day is just the Earth spinning once. A year is just the Earth going around the Sun.

Space is infinite, everything is held within it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Working LinkThe Working Link

The Working Linkgodistimethebook.blogspot.ca...

Many apologys for the broken link above. Here is the working one.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Thank you for stopping. The link is now working.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

I address the synchronicity of ideals briefly in my essay. About a slightly different topic of course. I don't agree with you unfortunately. I do not believe the universe is infinite because it does (did) indeed have a beginning. Time, as I define it in the paper, does not have a beginning, only a new reiteration.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If we are personifying certain elements of our existence, I can see how one would venture first to avoid naming time as god and then how they would move toward space. But space is merely a container. Time, defined the way I do in the paper, would be the catalyst of creation and the facilitator of our interaction with it. Without chronological progression there would be no universe.

In regards to the "day"/"night" example you used, it is but only one way to measure time. It is heliocentric time. There are innumerable other ways in which it is measured. But time must more then a measurement. The forward movement of events continues without man to take measure. It is that which is the essence of time. It is that which we must identify if we are to properly personify it.

top topics

join