It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accessing the Scientific Arsenal in the Fight Against Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How synthetic biology will change us

cosmiclog.nbcnews.com...

What causes natural death?

Natural death is caused by the systems of the human body that create new cells that the body needs to survive finally collapsing under the stress of creating.

Think of these systems like an engine that eventually it wears out and can no longer be used.

Synthetic systems in our body that create the same cells that our body needs would not collapse under the stress associated with creating new cells.

This means that the body would live a longer life even possibly tens of thousands of years where the person would then determine when they chose their death instead of Death taking such an inability away from Creation.

THIS is the fight of our lives.

Our fight for existence in the Universe and to keep Creation known.

...and to chain Death to it's deepest dungeon level for all time.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dryson

Cambridge University geneticist Aubrey de Grey has famously stated, “The first person to live to be 1,000 years old is certainly alive today …whether they realize it or not, barring accidents and suicide, most people now 40 years or younger can expect to live for centuries.”

Source

"I and many other scientists now believe that in around 20 years we will have the means to reprogram our bodies' stone-age software so we can halt, then reverse, ageing. Then nanotechnology will let us live for ever,"

Source

We are already well on our way to immortality. Just keep your self healthy and you should be just fine.

Don't worry, Science got this.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is interesting but I'm not sure that I would want to live for centuries on end and if everyone lives forever how do we support everyone unless people stop breeding?

new topics

join