It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second renaissance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
We Are Going Thru the Second renaissance right now. in early times, if you talked about aliens or paranormal studies, you would get shunned and some times you would even get put in mental hospitals. people would label you as crazy.
then when the internet came, people have more freedom............
there are places like this were Thousands of people from ALL OVER THE WORLD can discuss about humanities problems and use science, technology, and human intuition to solve new problems or crack old mysteries.
in my opinion the this is the second renaissance because
in the first one people learned about the mind and body, and now we are cracking the DNA code

in the first renaissance we learned about technolgy(though Simple) And now we are making technology to help us live longer and fuller lifes

free speech and literature was made in the renaissance and now the internet can help news storys and life lessons across the world in milliseconds.

just think of it just one hundered years ago you had to wait months to get a letter from someone you loved across the world now all you have to do is log on yahoo and you can see them in a webcam in seconds

We are complaining about the patriot act when we can SAY WHATEVER WE WANT WHENEVER
the bad thing is evil people are using science and technology for their own use, and we will no longer have this tool to express ourselves anymore

so use it while u can before the renaissance is over and everyone is under control again!
Please Discuss this topic now while you have the chance!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
that is why i stay on here all the time. this is a place where no one can yell over your opion to shut you up. ignorance is quickly repremanded, and knowledge only as limited as your mind wills. a place for all people to come together and discuss whatever insight on the world they have to offer. i am sure there are lawyers as well as crack hobos who come on here, well mabye not crack hobos they probably wouldnt have a decent computer... but u get what im trying to say, little kids can come on here to express their opinion as well as 100 year old scholars. you could travel the globe searching for questions, enqiurering answers, and still not come up with the amaziing responses people dish out on here. make use of it while we can cuz it might not be around forever. i want to thank all the smart people who have opened my eyes to issues of the world and made me really think about things in ways my teachers never could. thank you all.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

when the internet came, people have more freedom............

there are places like this were Thousands of people from ALL OVER THE WORLD can discuss

Yes indeed. I really think that history will look back at the widespread availability of the internet as a cultural event of worldwide impact.

First, there is the access to information. Just as a referance tool the internet is amazing.

Second there is the sharing of culture. Whether it's ordering a book online, taking a virtual tour of a museum, or exchanging opinions with someone in a far-off country, the web takes the ideal of a global village to a level far beyond the sharing of culture by other means such as television.

so use it while u can before the renaissance is over and everyone is under control again!

I have always liked the fact that the internet is for the most part unregulated, (for me in the US). On sites like ATS here, it really is a market-place of ideas, where merit wins out and bs tends to be ignored.

It's still a fairly new form of communication historically. It will be interesting to see how things shake out. At this point it's still kind of a free-for-all, with scammers trying to rip people off and TPTB learning how to use the web for propaganda. New laws are being passed all the time. We can only hope that a little bit of regulation can eliminate some of the bad things like spyware and adware, leave the potential for free exchange of ideas intact.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The Second Renaissance almost wasn't and in fact, the world would have finally ended if it were any other way. Read The Ingenuity Gap to find out more of why more ideas are not only needed but necessary.

top topics

join