Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is this the October surprise? New Obama Tape to be Released...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by poloblack

They are always on about that. ATS has become Stormfront lite (and an overwhelmingly right wing board) in the last few years. The simple fact is the black vote generally goes to the Democrat. It wouldn't matter what color Obama happened to be as long as he was a democrat.
You're right Antonia, it does seem like Stormfront Lite around here as of late.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There is a reason for the Stormfront.

The Extreme right wing is losing ground in the modern electorate.

The simple matter is, more and more people are learning to be tolerant and free from hate. Most people are more inclined to be unprejudiced, open minded, willing to give freedom to their neighbor and believe a fair days work = a fair days pay. The hard line right is still about building empires of wealth and "the end justifies the means". This is becoming quite unpopular.

They are slowly going the way of Whig party and they are clawing at anything to keep their positions of relevance.

I am a Libertarian. I completely embrace fiscal responsibility and social freedom. I believe the Libertarian party will soon overtake the Repubs. In fact, I do believe the current two party paradigm is in it's death throes. The Repubs will be the first to fall to Libertarians, Constitutionalists and Justice party members. The Democrats will probably fall to the Green Party or another Progressive/Worker party (which there are several).

The current two party paradigm is getting old to people. They are tired of the hardline partisanship and the gridlock. If it takes new parties to get things done, so be it.
edit on 10/3/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I feel I always have to start my posts in political forums with this sentence and hope not to get flamed by the brainwashed crowd, which hardly ever happens, but...

I am a Republican. I also very much dislike Obama, will not vote for him, and told all my friends and family they should not vote for him in 08 as he was a liar like the rest of them.

Having said that, the Republican Party drives me insane. Their radio and TV mouthpieces even more so. It's hard being more critical of your own party then your supposed "enemies" on the other side of the aisle. There is so much the Right could go after Obama for, as one poster mentioned, stick with his record for Christ sake! Instead they keep up the desperate and unintelligent tactics that may work to convince some people but turns most smart people I know completely off.

We know Obama is a liar. People voted for him because they were desperate for a change from George Bush, and Obama ended up accelerating those radical and unConstitutional policies. That's all you should need to convince people he's bad for this country. But as most of us know, neither party is really interested in helping the American people OR telling them the truth. They're in it for their own gain.

It's disgusting. I hate what our democracy has become. And I get called a liberal and anti American by radicals who don't like what I have to say occasionally simply because they aren't used to hearing anything that isn't rhetoric. You talk to people, you read posts on here, and you can tell which ones have been watching their Hannity, or listening to their Rush because they all say the same exact things. They repeat the talking points without ever bringing up clear and concise points about the presidents record. Both sides are trying to prove whose more racist and ignorant but they are both on the same level, as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 3-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

He's a thing because he is a souless beast that wants to destroy the original idea of America. He was put in office by white people wrought with white guilt syndrome.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud

He's a thing because he is a souless beast that wants to destroy the original idea of America. He was put in office by white people wrought with white guilt syndrome.
Well, I understand what you're getting at and I don't care for the man, but, if it went back to the ORIGINAL idea of America, I'd probably be picking cotton right now. And you're right about one thing: he was put in office by white people, but these white people are behind the scenes, running things, and they don't give a damn about guilt, you, or me, champ. Believe that. If you try to convey a message, choose your words wisely.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To All of you folks in suburbs across the country with Obama signs in your front yard...Here's a message to you from YOUR candidate:

"We don’t need to build more highways out in the suburbs” - Barack Obama

Obama doesn't care about you suburb-dwellers...In fact, he is vilifying you; laughing at you behind your back.

Source: dailycaller.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
To All of you folks in suburbs across the country with Obama signs in your front yard...Here's a message to you from YOUR candidate:

"We don’t need to build more highways out in the suburbs” - Barack Obama

Obama doesn't care about you suburb-dwellers...In fact, he is vilifying you; laughing at you behind your back.

Blah Blah - - - but what does that statement really mean?

We Really Don't Need To Build More Highways Out In The Suburbs

By Matthew Yglesias - Oct. 3, 2012

The shred of policy substance in last night's conservative "discovery" of a 2007 public speech that Barack Obama delivered in New Hampshire and was covered at the time (see Dave Weigel for a full account of the conservative race-baiting on this) was Barack Obama's statement that "we don't need to build more highways out in the suburbs."

Obama was completely correct about this, and it's unfortunate that as he's shifted from an early-stage primary candidate to an incumbent president he's largely abandoned the point.

There may be a some well-justified suburban arterial projects in the United States, but generally speaking this is a terrible use of federal money when what we should be focused on is better management of existing infrastructure. The basic model of suburbanization says that people balance land prices against commute times. If you move further from an employment center you can get a cheaper or bigger place ("drive 'till you qualify") but you pay that back in financial (gasoline) and time costs of commuting. Adding to the metro area's roadway capacity serves in the first instance to decrease congestion, speeding commuting times. But with commuting times sped up, the cost-benefit analysis switches and you get new development further out until the road is re-congested and you reach equilibrium again.

Does that mean you can never build an uncongested road? No. Rather, the issue is that taking up space on a road imposes a congestion externality on others. As long as that externality is unpriced, you're either going to have overconsumption of road space (traffic jams) or else massive overbuilding (bridges to nowhere).

Either way, rather than spend money on new arterials what you want to do is make money by pricing congestion properly. In some cities spending that money on new rail transit capacity would be a good idea, while in other places it would make more sense to just hand it to poor people directly to offset the regressive fiscal impact. Now none of that is to say that if there's a jurisdiction that wants to take a rural area and build roads to attract suburban development that the federal government needs to stop them. But there's no particular reason that encouraging this should be a federal priority.

www.slate.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What it means is that Obama considers infrastructure improvement is wasted on the suburbs...and that those who have left the cities for the suburbs are 100% responsible for inner city decay. YOU suburbanites ARE the problem...but keep voting for me!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

What it means is that Obama considers infrastructure improvement is wasted on the suburbs...and that those who have left the cities for the suburbs are 100% responsible for inner city decay. YOU suburbanites ARE the problem...but keep voting for me!

You didn't read the article.

Did you?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I watched the video. Did you?
No disrespect to you, but the source you referenced is a liberal apologist publication and laced with pro-Obama articles. It's quite biased. If you would continue reading to the bottom of the page (as I did) you would notice a list of many other pro-Obama, anti-Romney stories.

That's fine. I don't fault the article or you for using it in your argument. It's just one-sided...and designed to nullify the damage (electorally) of actual words of Barack Obama (Which I choose to use in my argument).
edit on 3-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Already have my beer and popcorn ready!!!! This is something we knew all along, now, the sheep will see for themselves. Were not talking maybes like with the birth certificate thing, this will be PROOF of who he really is, again, like we really needed more

First. Here it is again, The "WE" knew. People please speak for yourselves and do not assume, as this poster is doing, that everyone feels the same way that you do. Its nice to think but impossible to become reality.
Second. You wish. The man is ligitimate as president. He's been in office for four years. Dont you think that someone would have done soemthing by now if what you think is true? No? Stupid thought. Of course something would have been done already. There is nothing to do because he is ligitimate. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by loam

It might be this speech at Hampton this video is not 40 minutes tho

There are some racial tones, and it also shows how much of a hypocrite he is.

Least people have something to compare it to.
edit on 2-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Folks it should be noted here that Hampton University is a black university and actually was the first black university in the country. If there are racial tones in this it is because its a black university.

I live in Hampton Virginia and we are very proud of Hampton U as the first college established for African Americans.
I like living in one of the swing state. The candidates have been courting us for the past three months.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No disrespect to you, but the source you referenced is a liberal apologist publication and laced with pro-Obama articles. It's quite biased. If you would continue reading to the bottom of the page (as I did) you would notice a list of many other pro-Obama, anti-Romney stories.

As opposed to what? Your Right Wing bias?

Sometimes - - it isn't Left or Right. Sometimes it just makes sense.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasTruth
It appears around 46% to 48% of yall are gonna stick by him no matter what.

Yes I am and I am one of those lower earners. However, I do not get foodstamps, I cook from scratch instead, I do not get welfare, I cut corners on what we buy, or do without. We have to plan for things but we take nothing that is not ours.
I stick by him because four years was not enough time to clean up the mess left by 12 years of republican leadership and trickel down economics.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Dont even go there.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Or maybe, he's happily married and does not cheat. Today is their wedding anniversary. ( and mine too 31 years, thanks Keith.)
edit on 3-10-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

As opposed to what? Your Right Wing bias?

Sometimes - - it isn't Left or Right. Sometimes it just makes sense.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Looks like I touched a nerve.
However, in answer to your question:...As opposed to Barack Obama's actual words!
Always better to base one's opinions from words directly out of the horse's mouth...rather than the horse's a**!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by Guyfriday

Um, you people do know that "October Surprise" is a reference to the Presidential Debates that take place every October during a Presidential election year?

Umm..I know relatively recent memory has fallen down the memory hole, but this is incorrect. October surprise has refered to the Iranian Hostage Crisis that was half-engineered to give Reagan the advantage over Carter...and it worked. There have been numerous October surprises since and at least one before with Nixon. Look it up. Search engines are your friend.

edit on 2-10-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-10-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

Those people were held for over a year. It was not "designed" to sway the outcome of any election but when Regan was elected the situation turned around practially on a dime and a release was negotiated. Which really said more about how Iran felt about Jimmy Carter than anything else. Once a tougher American was put in place the situation practially resolved itself overnight.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Where are you from friend?
Do you live in America? Have you been on our highways ? We dont need more roads in the suburbs because the roads have already been built and they were built correctly so we dont need to do more than repair pot holes when they occur.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Hello, Yes, I do live in the U.S. (Ohio, actually). And we do need more roads out here. In fact, it is much more rural here than the cities (where the roads have already long been established).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join