Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is this the October surprise? New Obama Tape to be Released...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I realize that the video was allegedly not released in its entirety in 2007, and apparently all they got was transcripts? I find that hard to believe, considering how much media attention President Obama got when he was a candidate. Just my personal opinion on the video. Still, this video might have helped immensely then. However, it is practically useless right now.

All it is doing is taking our attention off the big issues, and that is the President's record. That is far more controversial than a few gaffes and an accented speech to an audience at Hampton University in 2007. This is 2012, and the country is on the verge of oblivion and we are worrying about what was said in a video that is five-years-old?

It is actually helping the President, because he does not have comment about his performance as President. There lies the controversy, and he would have a hard time explaining himself if his feet where held to the fire. Yet, he does not have too, because the opposition seems to think this tripe is important? Stuff like this is actually making it easier for the President politically. He eats it up like candy! We rant back and forth about his controversial background on here everyday? Yet, it seems the American voter does not care about it? Look at the President's recent polling figures. He is up like 5% percent over Romney. We are in the last month before the election. If this is the best from the oppostion during the make or break season? Then, the Obama has got this election sewn up. Lets focus on the record!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Um, you people do know that "October Surprise" is a reference to the Presidential Debates that take place every October during a Presidential election year?

Umm..I know relatively recent memory has fallen down the memory hole, but this is incorrect. October surprise has refered to the Iranian Hostage Crisis that was half-engineered to give Reagan the advantage over Carter...and it worked. There have been numerous October surprises since and at least one before with Nixon. Look it up. Search engines are your friend.

edit on 2-10-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-10-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
romney speaks of the 47% that feels entitled to of all things, food, when rich, middle-aged white men in america are probably the most self-entitled people on the whole continent.

they feel entitled to be rich, they feel entitled to the fine things in life, they feel entitled to run america, to be president, to all the wealth and all the power.

america should elect obama again so he can stick it to them some more. and since he doesn't have to worry about re-election, he can go all out and really hammer them and let the worst of them taste how the 99% live.

Exactly who do you think contributes to presidential campaigns, including Obama's? Somehow I doubt the ultra-rich are going to suffer, no matter who is in the Whitehouse in 2013.
edit on 10/3/2012 by AntiNWO because: can you believe it? Capitalization.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I support neither repub or dem.. wont vote for either. I also do NOT have ANY problem with his change in speaking manner. I do this myself when Im trying to speak to MY OWN folks. Its called communicating in whatever venue you are speaking in.

Exactly

I have 3 dialects personally, but if I am around southerners long enough my lost southern accent can come to the surface too. I have the friend voice.. I have the responsible voice (these are similar to Obama's two voices) and I have a voice not allowed to be spoken of here. The only one I do on purpose is the responsible one, and that's only if I am working or trying to find work.

So what, is Obama not allowed to be black ? I really dislike Obama, and I really dislike Romney.

But this video isn't showing anything to even bat an eyelash at. I was expecting something like "Those white efers are going to get what's comin to em." Based on the Lead up to this.. Are some republicans that racist to think I would find anything wrong with the video?

If I was going to support either one of these cats, then the hype up to this silly video would make me pick Obama.
edit on 10/3/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
LMAO @ Baracks fake down south accent.

But race did play a part in Katrina...perceptions at least. People that pretend it doesn't is living in fantasy world.

The black people are looters while the white people are just trying to survive......

There is absolutely nothing racist in this Obama vid, from what I've heard so far. The right wing needs to stop, you just keep embarrassing yourself to normal people.

F
A
I
L
edit on 3-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Are some republicans that racist to think I would find anything wrong with the video?

Yup. They are. They're that detached from reality that they can't realize calling this video racist makes them look incredibly racist.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TTAA2012

Apparently you can take the boy out of the hood...

Ummmm.. Obama is NOT from the hood. You must be one of those racist people that see all black people as ghetto.

Obama is the complete anti-thesis of hood

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Ummmm.. Obama is NOT from the hood. You must be one of those racist people that see all black people as ghetto.

This

He Even acknowledged in his book he wasnt exposed to "hood" culture or knew anything about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
video.foxnews.com...

Too lazy to read 4+ pages to see if anyone posted this, but here is a link to the video.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
LOL...... Like this is a surprise. I had people giving me the "deer in the headlights" look for 6 months after I said Obama gets re-elected they'll be an uproar, and if Obama DOESNT get reelected they'll be riots.

No surprise here.

What else we got?

We're screwed with our overpaying international "protection?"
It'll be Romney's fault. Or Obama's

(Adding more butter and SALT to the mix)

I'm NOT rubbing my hands together thinking this is going to get better as a playout of events.

I'm actually pissed about it.

He we go. I think more surprises are on the horizen.

''If he doesn't get elected, there'll be riots''. Really?? I don't think so, friend. But, anyway, just in case you didn't get the memo, presidents are SELECTED, not ELECTED.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
''If he doesn't get elected, there'll be riots''. Really?? I don't think so, friend. But, anyway, just in case you didn't get the memo, presidents are SELECTED, not ELECTED.

People act like they understand that in every other thread about corruption and voting scandals, even from the Bush days it was obvious.. Then they all get sucked in like little kids in baskin robbins 31 flavors. You can have Vanilla or Chocolate. Really they are the same flavor and it's called Rocky Road. As in Rocky Road ahead, watch out...

What about the other 29 flavors?

So argue on and pick which way you want to get screwed, and how fast..

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by poloblack

People act like they understand that in every other thread about corruption and voting scandals, even from the Bush days it was obvious.. Then they all get sucked in like little kids in baskin robbins 31 flavors. You can have Vanilla or Chocolate. Really they are the same flavor and it's called Rocky Road. As in Rocky Road ahead, watch out...

What about the other 29 flavors?

So argue on and pick which way you want to get screwed, and how fast..
Now that was a mighty fine analogy Dustytoad!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The way he was talking, you could have fooled me. But of course, it's Obama getting on stage "in blackface" and I'm the one who's racist.

Typical.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the financial collapse conveniently happened as soon as obama got elected.

that'll show the american people never to elect another black man as president.

and now comes the whitest of white people to the rescue, unless he's speaking to latinos, then he's orange.

everything about america is racial.

romney speaks of the 47% that feels entitled to of all things, food, when rich, middle-aged white men in america are probably the most self-entitled people on the whole continent.

they feel entitled to be rich, they feel entitled to the fine things in life, they feel entitled to run america, to be president, to all the wealth and all the power.

america should elect obama again so he can stick it to them some more. and since he doesn't have to worry about re-election, he can go all out and really hammer them and let the worst of them taste how the 99% live.

maybe they'll learn some humility and stop screwing with the lives and happiness of their fellow countrymen and give back all they have taken.

and by giving back, i don't mean pay 15% tax instead of 14.
edit on 2-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

It’s amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people yourself is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered. If we’re compassionate, we’ll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint.

-Penn Jilette

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
I bet he done speak to them white people like that no sah.
There are rumors that Romney put on tan face for the Hispanic vote, but this literally out of the horses mouth.
Guess enunciating makes you a turkey.

I don't care much, but to ats members in the black community, should Obama be embarrassed?

Rumors of Brown face? I think this dispels "rumors"...

This dude absolutely stands for nothing...I can't respect people that "play tricks" like this...

Sorry...neither of these guys deserves our votes.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I will not matter. The people that vote for that thing will not care. He could call for their own extermination and their children sent to slave camps, and they would still vote for him because not to would be raycisssss or going against brother blood.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
I will not matter. The people that vote for that thing will not care. He could call for their own extermination and their children sent to slave camps, and they would still vote for him because not to would be raycisssss or going against brother blood.
I don't particularly care for the guy, but I'm curious about something. Is he a ''thing'' to you because he's black and white, or he's perceived as black, or both? And do you seriously think that black people had the numbers to put him in the White House in the first place?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

They are always on about that. ATS has become Stormfront lite (and an overwhelmingly right wing board) in the last few years. The simple fact is the black vote generally goes to the Democrat. It wouldn't matter what color Obama happened to be as long as he was a democrat.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Obama can be standing on the steps of the White House holding a severed baby head in one hand and a bloody knife in the other and Obamtrons will vote him back in.
edit on 2-10-2012 by tkwasny because: typo fix

Depends on the head...Metaphorically speaking...OBL?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

Are some republicans that racist to think I would find anything wrong with the video?

Yup. They are. They're that detached from reality that they can't realize calling this video racist makes them look incredibly racist.

The point of showing the video is basically...LOOK AT ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE!!! And gathered in one place! And talking alll "black" and stuff!!!

Just what we have all come to expect from the Right-Wing media...the quickest to falsely whine about the race card...and the most eager to genuinely play it and exploit racism.

And tell me again that Racism didn't play a part in the rescue efforts of Hurricaine Katrina...

5 Ex-Officers Sentenced in Post-Katrina Shootings

By CAMPBELL ROBERTSON

Published: April 4, 2012

NEW ORLEANS — Five former police officers were sentenced to prison on Wednesday for the shooting of six unarmed civilians, two of whom died, in the days after Hurricane Katrina and for orchestrating a wide-ranging cover-up afterward.

The five former officers were convicted in August on a range of counts including federal civil rights violations and lying to investigators. The account of their actions given at the trial was a grim one.

On Sept 4, 2005, as much of the city still lay submerged in floodwaters, Sgt. Kenneth Bowen and Sgt. Robert Gisevius and Officers Anthony Villavaso and Robert Faulcon jumped in a Budget rental truck with several other officers and raced to the Danziger Bridge in eastern New Orleans, responding to a distress call.

As soon as they arrived, witnesses at the trial said, the officers began firing on members of the Bartholomew family

www.nytimes.com...

They proceeded to open fire with assault rifles and a shotgun on an unarmed family, the Bartholomews, who had been walking to a grocery store and were then sheltering behind a concrete barrier.[4] 17-year-old James Brissette—a family friend—was killed, and four other people were wounded.[5] Two brothers, Ronald and Lance Madison, fled the scene, but were pursued down the bridge by Gisevius and Faulcon in an unmarked state trooper vehicle. Faulcon fired his shotgun from the back of the car at Ronald, a developmentally disabled man who would later die from his injuries.[4] Bowen was later convicted of stomping him on the back before he died,[5] though this conviction was overturned for lack of physical evidence.[4] Lance Madison was then taken into custody and accused of the attempted murder of police officers.[6]

No weapons were recovered at the scene, and both police and civilian witnesses testified that the victims had been unarmed.[5] Later investigation showed that some shots had been fired in the area by trapped residents attempting to attract the attention of rescuers.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join