It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Said to Be Preparing Potential Targets Tied to Libya Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It appears that the U.S. is preparing for a strike package to attack some "targets".

WASHINGTON — The American military’s top-secret Joint Special Operations Command is preparing detailed information that could be used to kill or capture some of the militants suspected in the attack last month in Libya that killed Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, senior military and counterterrorism officials said on Tuesday.

Ok, an who are these targets? Because I've must have missed something here...oh wait here it is....

American counterterrorism officials now believe that Ansar al-Shariah likely had a general attack plan for the American Mission in Benghazi “on the shelf” and when the opportunity presented itself — specifically reports of the demonstration at the United States Embassy in Cairo and the breach of the walls there — that set the attack in motion, said one American official who has read classified intelligence reports on the attack.

and..

Soon after the Benghazi attack, the official said, American spy agencies intercepted several electronic communications, including some with Ansar al-Shariah fighters bragging about their exploits to an operative with Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. Another intercept captured conversations of militants with suspected links or sympathies to the Qaeda affiliate talking on their cellphones from the ransacked American mission after the American personnel had been evacuated. Details of some of the intercepts had been previously reported by The Wall Street Journal and the Web site The Daily Beast.

The intelligence community intercepted the incident before, during, or after the attacks?

Somebody in the chain of command knew this attack was going to happen and it did and now we have "excuse" to war hero. If someone did known something was about to take place, why was prevented?

I thought the U.S. was committed to stop or prevent terrorism, what the heck happen?

The C.I.A. and Defense Department declined to comment.

What real proof do we have to the right to start bombing anything we well please and find ourselves in another war?

Do we have any thoughts?

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 2-10-2012 by sylent6 because: Oh I forgot my "source" (ya know how it is, it needs "proof of opinion")

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Obama will send out a drone to bomb a few people in the desert just BEFORE the election and claim they were the terrorists. Whatever is left of them, won't be identified until AFTER the election.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
It appears that the U.S. is preparing for a strike package to attack some "targets".

WASHINGTON — The American military’s top-secret Joint Special Operations Command is preparing detailed information that could be used to kill or capture some of the militants suspected in the attack last month in Libya that killed Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, senior military and counterterrorism officials said on Tuesday.

Ok, an who are these targets? Because I've must have missed something here...oh wait here it is....

American counterterrorism officials now believe that Ansar al-Shariah likely had a general attack plan for the American Mission in Benghazi “on the shelf” and when the opportunity presented itself — specifically reports of the demonstration at the United States Embassy in Cairo and the breach of the walls there — that set the attack in motion, said one American official who has read classified intelligence reports on the attack.

and..

Soon after the Benghazi attack, the official said, American spy agencies intercepted several electronic communications, including some with Ansar al-Shariah fighters bragging about their exploits to an operative with Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. Another intercept captured conversations of militants with suspected links or sympathies to the Qaeda affiliate talking on their cellphones from the ransacked American mission after the American personnel had been evacuated. Details of some of the intercepts had been previously reported by The Wall Street Journal and the Web site The Daily Beast.

The intelligence community intercepted the incident before, during, or after the attacks?

Somebody in the chain of command knew this attack was going to happen and it did and now we have "excuse" to war hero. If someone did known something was about to take place, why was prevented?

I thought the U.S. was committed to stop or prevent terrorism, what the heck happen?

What real proof do we have to the right to start bombing anything we well please and find ourselves in another war?

Do we have any thoughts?

Yes, first I'd like to know the source(s) cited in your above quotes, please

Second, the US doesn't have any right to start bombing anything because everything is questionable due to the "bump in the road" type strategy policies.

Third, from what I've heard--the US Admins. (including POTUS if he attended security meetings), knew more protection should have been provided since this past spring for N. African embassies/consulates--as the US State Dept. was forewarned and received many requests for beefed-up security for many months.

The current admin. has been too busy trying to people-please, and now wants to conduct more warlike ops if your quotes stand true. Important issue that will effect us all over the upcoming weeks or months, Flag for you.

edit on 2-10-2012 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Probably just an excuse to have drones in Libya...forever. I love how some guy read top secret reports and is now giving this information to the media. Sorry Assange, I guess you should have just applied to the pentagon then you could release all the info you want, no consequences.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My thought is stronger to what it's been recently. Why? Why there? Why him and why then? This attack took real SERIOUS guts. Even they'd understand over there that a U.S. Ambassador is a friend to Hillary Clinton who is Obama's girl in the Middle East. In other words, this rampaging bull called America, that has been rampaging all over the region at will....is what they knowingly kicked in the family jewels. Knowingly....

So what the HECK was so important, this was worth what they knew had to come as a reprisal? It's coming, no question and it'll be big and flashy I'm sure. They didn't even make/release a video of his treatment and execution...... So killing him wasn't even the MAIN point to this. No one who saw the beheading videos will ever ..ever...forget them. I'm 100% sure of that...and these are generally the same people. They didn't do that, like he was the focus.

Was there intelligence there? Files? Some kind of technology they wanted and figured this was the most unprotected 'outpost of the realm' to go over-run and loot it from? ...which as it turns out, was a very good guess. I can't see this having worked virtually anywhere else. Whatever it was...they got what they did this for and it was touchy enough to have the Administration lying so blatantly, even they had to know it couldn't hold up forever.

So many questions....and Government responses are entirely unhelpful with any of it. I think this event carries FAR more meaning than the public sees...just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I actually think Hillary is going to throw Barack under the bus to save her political future. This fiasco was HIS...and Obama made his minions go along with the lying.
Hillary Clinton KNOWS how big this is...and does NOT want to be tied to Benghazi-Gate.
She's looking to run in 2016.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Recently made aware of the following link for this information:

www.nytimes.com...

Not sure I trust nytimes that much but the story has been carried online.
edit on 2-10-2012 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchesfromwall

Originally posted by sylent6

and..

Do we have any thoughts?

Yes, first I'd like to know the source(s) cited in your above quotes, please

Second, the US doesn't have any right to start bombing anything because everything is questionable due to the "bump in the road" type strategy policies.

Third, from what I've heard--the US Admins. (including POTUS if he attended security meetings), knew more protection should have been provided since this past spring for N. African embassies/consulates--as the US State Dept. was forewarned and received many requests for beefed-up security for many months.

The current admin. has been too busy trying to people-please, and now wants to conduct more warlike ops if your quotes stand true. Important issue that will effect us all over the upcoming weeks or months, Flag for you.

edit on 2-10-2012 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

Do you think? They knew security was the top priority since it is hoistile there anyways. Kinda makes me feel like they knew the attacks were coming on U.S. Government property and it was an good excuse to use violence elsewhere on this globe.

U.S. WAR MACHINE -made in USA only. (its truly sad that we have to stand behind and watch all of this happen)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
who brags on the phone about the attack on the embassy.

did they just pick up the phone, bought a long distance card and called their friends.

mohammed: "hey mohammad"
mohammed: "yes, mohammad"
mohammed: "guess what we did today"
mohammed: "what?"
mohammed: "me, aadil, abdul and jazib blew up the embassy in libya"
mohammed: "noooo waaaaay!"
mohammed: "yes, way."

its ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If the neo cons were willing to kill off three thousand fellow Americans, just to start a war and get fitlthy rolling in it rich......well whats an ambassador or even two or three if they can stir up some jingoism out of the apathetic American people.
they will have their mid east war ya know....come hell or high water they will..........

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hmmmm......considering I'm reading about this before it happening, I don't think members of that group know what the "TOP SECRET" part of their groups title means. I'm also getting real sick and tired of the media leaking all of our "secret" military actions to the world before they happen. These "journalists" are openly and happily conspiring agaist America and our troops, putting their lives at risk in their operations, if not....just completely compromising the operations as a whole.....and the government isn't calling them out on it, and continue to give these "journalists" info.

In my country, any "journalist" that leaks military action plans before they happen would be up on charges of treason.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It's looking grim all over the Middle East, Now with Syria's attack on Turkey, and Turkey's retaliation, let's just hope this stops now, and doesn't grow, beause could lead to WW3.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join