posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
First off, great movie, awesome movie, one of the best this year, but being the kinda person I am I couldent help but notice things they don't fully
explain in the movie. If I missed any points feel free, btw I posted this here since this movie deals with the future.
1. The movie takes place in 2044, i think it takes place after ww3. The setting is post apocalyptic, the poor is poor while the rich is still rich. If
I'm not mistaken the only currency that was left in the future was silver, gold, and Chinese dollars. Loopers got paid in silver, on the last job
gold. They traded these in for chinese dollars, they put a lotta emphasis on this with the camera, not words.
2. There wasn't any gas left, people had solar panels on cars that used to run on gas. There was no order in the low poverty area, it was survival of
3. At some point in time before the movie takes place certain children started being born with telekinetic powers, one of these kids was stronger then
the rest and becomes somebody called the "rainman". The whole point of the movie was his future self tryna stop the rainman from existing by killing
him in the past. I couldent help but think of that kid as the Antichrist.
4. This is my biggest point, In the beginning of the movie when joe is talking to his boss, who is from the future, he tells him he wants to go to
France. The boss says go to china, joe says I'm goin to France, the boss says go to china joe says I'm goin to France, then the boss says "I'm
from the future, go to china." for some reason people found this funny when there was no explanation for what he meant. My friend argued the boss
knew about joesfuture wife, there's no way. Why would he care anyway? So what exactly did he mean? Does something happen to France?
5. They claim time travel will be invented 30 years from 2044. I know it's just a movie but what about the montouk expirement? It's not THAT far
away, if not here already.