It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to enrich uranium to 60 percent if nuclear talks fail

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Considering the amount of clashes between the two, it's hard to link that to the nuclear program. The same way I don't link their attitudes with Hezbollah with their nuclear program. It affects my opinion, yes, but I don't see the need to make the relation between the two, with so many other more alarming circumstances.

I believe that it was a joke, and I have to give it to them, it was in fact funny. Obama requesting for the return of the drone was a sign of weakness, like the kid that throws a baseball too far and hits the neighbor's window.

Painting the toy pink was an insult, like the throwing of the shoe to Bush was. They don't have the same type of humor we have.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nostromo85
I was going to post a comment in this thread about my views, but I honestly, you're either one of those people who think Iran are great guys who haven't invaded anyone since forever and "if America/Israel has nukes/nuke subs why can't Iran"

or

you're one of the people who realise that Iran constantly attack Israel via Hezbollah and threaten to wipe them off the face of the map on a weekly basis, and at the end of the day think an Armageddon wouldn't be too bad as they get their Mahdi and 70 odd virgins in their little place in the sky.

America used nukes to end a war, Israel uses nukes to prevent a war, and Iran wants nukes to start a war. That's why these naughty Muslims can't and will not have nukes.

This is it in a nutshell. Well said!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Let's remember, the MSM is still and always will be the MSM, the same people who brought us to every war via propaganda and BS. That said, let's see what Iran's MSM is saying about its own enrichment.

‘Iran will halt 20 percent enrichment if West sells fuel to Tehran’

www.mehrnews.com...

TEHRAN, Oct. 2 (MNA) – President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday that Iran had no alternative other than enriching uranium to a purity level of 20 percent after the West refused to sell the needed nuclear fuel to Iran to operate its research nuclear reactors which produce radioisotopes for medical patients.

“They refused Iran’s request. We insisted and again they did not,” Ahmadinejad told a press conference in Tehran.

“We were even ready to give 3.5 percent (enriched) fuel to the West and take 20 percent fuel but again they were not ready to do it therefore we were forced to start” enriching uranium to the degree of 20 percent, Ahmadinejad explained.

He added Iran is still willing to stop enriching uranium to 20 percent if International Atomic Energy Agency members sell the needed fuel to Iran.

“So far nobody has announced readiness to sell 20 percent (enriched) fuel to Iran, but anytime they give us this fuel we will feel no need to produce the costly fuel of 20 percent.”

IF only the West would actually work with Iran instead of enabling them. It was the West who helped Iran with their first nuclear plant.

Press TV's article about the 60% increase

Iran to enrich uranium to 60% if P5+1 talks drag on: MP

www.presstv.ir...

An Iranian lawmaker says the Islamic Republic will enrich uranium up to 60-percent purity if negotiations with world’s major powers (the P5+1) prove ineffective.

“In case our [multifaceted] talks with the P5+1 group -- including the US, the UK, France, China, Russia and Germany -- fail to pay off, Iranian youth will master [the technology for] enrichment [of uranium] up to 60 percent [purity] to fuel [Iranian] submarines and ocean-going ships,” Mansour Haqiqatpour, deputy head of Iran Majlis (parliament) Foreign Policy and National Security Committee, said on Tuesday.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Wars have been fought over far less.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
80's movie WARGAMES is how this ends..

we all die because we are stupid humans over and over and over... go to DIA

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'm not saying that Iran can't have their own fuel. They just need to be clear and coherent in their actions. That's it.

Even today I've read an article on reuters saying that sanctions will either ease or cease to exist if Iran cooperates and shows good intentions. That's a huge open door.

The requirments for that are known. It's up to Iran to follow what the IAEA tells them to do.

But, to be honest, threatning to escalate their enrichment levels to 60% just after a UN assembly where Netanyahu went overboard to put his agenda forward, isn't very smart, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

They could work together but it should be clear they're not going too. The West will not help Iran anymore with it's nuclear ambitions and Iran isn't giving up said ambitions because the West says so.

At this point, I think the only way the world is gonna be saved is if every religions prophet/messiah make appearances on the world stage. So basically, only a literally act decreed by God is gonna save us from ourselves. That, or everyone in the world wakes the F up and cuts out the BS.

So I'd say we're F'ed.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow already a thread about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And to add, using nuclear for energy is what they said they were doing all along. Energy for homes, industrial and propulsion, what's the diff?

Come on Israel, If it's SOOOOO bad then just do it already, cowards. Stop your daily whining and crying and attack them, since you have soooo much prooof.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jacknast76

Yeah, and this is the thread that is already about said topic

This thread,

posted on 2-10-2012 @ 05:09 PM

Your thread,

posted on 2-10-2012 @ 09:39 PM

And too boot that thread is not about the 60% enrichment but rather 90% & that's because MEMRI - The Middle East Media Research Institute TV Monitor Project is full of lies and propaganda mixed in with half truths.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
not my thread. RIF.

This doesn't prove anything of Iran's intentions. If people took what one lawmaker said as the nations policy then the US would be in some trouble as congressmen have spouted tons of crap.

spin spin spin.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jacknast76

No duh it's not literally your thread but it is the thread you posted, hence your thread.

And while you're right that no matter what politician of any Gov't chances are they are completely full of BS and should be doubted and looked into in attempts to find the truth. That said, good news is American and Israeli intelligence agencies all report Iran has no nuke, isn't building a nuke, and isn't planning on building a nuke.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am so sick of Iran and this whole "weapons of mass destruction" (as the US calls it) or uranium enriching as they call it. Honestly, if I could say something to them it would be "make the weapons or don't", stop threatening and talking about it every other day for god knows how long, years, probably. Holding over everyone's head.

Well, um *scratches butt*, we'll speed up the process if this happens.
ER, If this happens we'll do this and do that.
We're 2 months away from this Blah blah blah

NO

Either do it or don't. Otherwise shut up.

edit on 3-10-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
why isn't iran allowed to have nuclear subs, when america and friends can.

Only 6 countries in the world use Nuclear submarines. They are incredibly expensive. Only allies with them are the UK and France. The idea of Iran wanting enrichment for nuclear submaries is laughable. They will never build a nuclear submarine. This is their excuse to enrich beyond 20% so that there is much less time once they make their ambitions known.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Is it ok that the US can enrich uranium to %90? Why can some, but not all?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Is it ok that the US can enrich uranium to %90? Why can some, but not all?

It's funny how your tune changes from they don't want 90% to now it's ok if they do. For the same reason some people can carry concealed weapons and others can't. You don't care about truth or facts, so talking to you is pointless.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

They could work together but it should be clear they're not going too. The West will not help Iran anymore with it's nuclear ambitions and Iran isn't giving up said ambitions because the West says so.

I agree.

Currently there is a standoff regarding the nuclear program of Iran. They don't want to lose what they have achieved - and invested in - and the West doesn't like the prospect of Iran developing military applications for their nuclear technology.

In my point of view, all sides are to blame for this. And the West has a lot of responsibility because it allowed Israel to cloud the judgment in periods of time where plausible and more sane resolutions could have been negotiated.

But it's a hard call. I think Iran also made a lot of stupid decisions in all this.

At this point, I think the only way the world is gonna be saved is if every religions prophet/messiah make appearances on the world stage. So basically, only a literally act decreed by God is gonna save us from ourselves. That, or everyone in the world wakes the F up and cuts out the BS.

I also agree.

Religious power is one of the big stains in mankind, in my opinion.

Can you imagine the peace that would exist in that part of the world if religion wasn't used as an excuse and pretext for these issues? A lot of them have roots in religion.

And funny that you made the comment about cutting all the BS. I do agree, and we can now use Dalai Lama as a source for that.
(He said religion is no longer adequate for the World we live in)

By the way, thank you for clearing the timing of the thread for me. That was appreciated.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

as you are tolerant let me say why do you dismiss religions ! are you fearing that the Messiah in my Avatar comes and ruin that Anti_christ in your avatar and it's worldwide hidden empire as well

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

as you are tolerant let me say why do you dismiss religions ! are you fearing that the Messiah in my Avatar comes and ruin that Anti_christ in your avatar and it's worldwide hidden empire as well

It's exactly because of my tolerant personality that I dismiss religion - for my self and not about others - and the fact I think the world would be better without it is just my subjective opinion.

I'm not afraid of religion, much less avatars. But my avatar isn't the anti-christ. It's Garrus Vakarian. A character from a sci-fi game. Quite mundane, no religious stuff...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join