It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM suspected of selling hundreds of wild horses, burros for slaughter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Back in 2010, there was quite the discussion, on ATS, surrounding the B.L.M. roundup here in Nevada.

I didn't follow it that closely, but thought this lengthy article might be of interest to those who did.

It seems that many of the horses were sold to an advocate of horse slaughter out of Colorado, and now nobody knows where they have been ending up.

BLM suspected of selling hundreds of wild horses, burros for slaughter

So what happened to the wild horses Davis purchased from the BLM? The agency can’t say for sure. It does not hold onto the titles of wild horses acquired through its sale program as it does with horses that are adopted. Officials also have no process for following up to make sure buyers use animals as they claim they will in applications. In the interview at the ranch, Davis said he had found most of the mustangs “good homes” on properties mostly in the southeastern states. Asked if he would provide records of these sales, he responded, “Ain’t no way in hell.”

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For some very robust reporting on this topic see: media.abovetopsecret.com... and www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whether you care because of the respect we are obviously not showing for our environment; or you care because you love horses; or you care because this is another facet of corporate government collusion to create an excuse to seize land for commerce... this is wrong on many levels.

Hopefully someone will ask the right questions of the right people and this will be something that the agency will have to answer for... to the people they work for.... the citizens.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When I asked the big guys about this issue during our local caucus, they said that slaughter is a good thing, that other wise all the horses would end up in the desert dead and dying. I couldn't get anything else from them, they are reallly gungho about slaughter and no information or truth could change their minds. They are also the big guys in the cattle industry so to me it has something to do with that in the end, but I could not get anything else out of them and they looked at me like I was crazy for thinking in any other way about the issue. This breaks my heart more than you can imagine. It is only going to get worse as the idiots try to ring in agenda 21.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I hear ya...

The BLM really needs to be named something else. Like the "Bureau of Looking Out For Wealthy Ranchers Who Are Only Wealthy Because of This Bureau".

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just a quick follow up to an older crime.

BLM illegally sold thousands of wild horses for slaughter: report

The Bureau of Land Management, the agency tasked with protecting wild horses and cattle and their grazing lands, sold 1,794 federally-protected wild horses to a Colorado rancher who sent them to slaughter, a new report confirmed.

So it turns out, as some suspected, many of the horses ended up being slaughtered in Mexico.

according to the report from the Interior Department’s Office of Inspector General

We determined that BLM did not follow current law

The OIG declined to investigate Mr. Davis‘ ties to Mr. Salazar.

Nobody at the B.L.M. has been held accountable, either. I'd like to know why.

They operate above the laws they claim to enforce.

edit on 25-10-2015 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lernmore
Just a quick follow up to an older crime.

So it turns out, as some suspected, many of the horses ended up being slaughtered in Mexico.

Obama, Congress restore horse-slaughter industry

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Wednesday, November 30, 2011

President Obama last month quietly signed into law a spending bill that restores the American horse-slaughter industry, just a few months after a government investigation said the ban on slaughtering was backfiring.....

Horse meat banned... Slaughter plants in Mexico... Reauthorizing horse meat... Wild no-cost free horses disappear... Government Agency sales them for %100 profit...

Guys the story here isn't dead horses, it's a Stimulus plan for the meat industry !!

top topics

join