It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Muhammad Cartoon A Day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If it's ok to piss on Christ, it should be ok to crap on Mohamed.
Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Nuff said.

Au contraire mon frere!

that is pestering and showing "intolerance!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Nuff said.

Didn't Christ say, "You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."?

I guess Gandhi was right, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
If and when this is done to Christians, do you also think "it's about time we stood up to those Christian bullies"? Or does it become, "why are they always picking on Christians"? Or "Christians/Christianity under attack" - which we see so many thread about lately.

You're singling out the extremists in Islam to justify showing intolerance to their religion. Intolerance breeds intolerance.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

Last I checked Christian Extremist were not burning embassies every time a Liberal insults Christmas or some such nonsense.

If Muslims want to protest cartoons, fine, let them, it's their right. If they want to take action then our response should be clear and simple: Take them out.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I guess Gandhi was right, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

I guess Gandhi was right, "I like your Mohammad, I do not like your muslims. Your muslims are so unlike your Mohammad" .

*Runs and hides from the fatwa".

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's all so horribly absurd.
I don't want to give up my free speech, and hopefully will never have to. But I don't see the point in being deliberately antagonistic, and I certainly don't want to do something that would get someone else killed.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
If and when this is done to Christians, do you also think "it's about time we stood up to those Christian bullies"? Or does it become, "why are they always picking on Christians"? Or "Christians/Christianity under attack" - which we see so many thread about lately.

You're singling out the extremists in Islam to justify showing intolerance to their religion. Intolerance breeds intolerance.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

Nope. Christians have a great since of humor. They even have a top comedian that makes fun of Christianity in his act - who used to be a Satanist High Priest ! Take That! Mike Warnke ->en.wikipedia.org...

There are also more Christian Comedians - who, yes, make fun of the religion en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

These debates seem to always become absolutist in nature. The two sides polarize and compromise becomes impossible because the preconceptions are so deeply entrenched, by all, that mediation dissolves.

I hate to quote a comic book ( or comic book movie ) but in Spider Man lore there was a saying "With great power comes great responsibility.". I'm sure if I Googled I could find a more worthy or substantial source for a similar quote - but it really isn't needed. The idea is strong enough no matter where it comes from.

Freedom of speech is such an inherently and fundamentally necessary thing that the Framers made it the FIRST Amendment. This was done deliberately, wisely, and with much implied meaning.

So of course it is important.

But what folks seem to lose track of, for some reason, is the same amendment, the FIRST amendment also grants freedom of religion.

Now we have conflict. Which right has more merit? Both speech and religion are the most sincere and deepest forms of self expression. Does one trump the other?

In our current climate scaremongering and cashing in on our fears only makes things worse. I can recall, not too long ago, the entire site going nuts over a mosque being built in New York. The end was nigh. It was going to be American Shia law.... RUN FOR THE HILLS.!

Only nothing bad ever happened.

I can't think of the song right now, but a lyric just popped into my head.... the media sells it and you live the role... Ah.... thanks to the Google, I now know it's Ozzy and the song is Crazy Train.

Ironic.. and fitting enough to close with. We're going off the rails on a crazy train.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I guess Gandhi was right, "I like your Mohammad, I do not like your muslims. Your muslims are so unlike your Mohammad" .

Not said by Gandhi. Another thing that Christ and Gandhi weren't. Childish. Gandhi's words seem to be ringing true...again.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I just HAD to....

This guy makes fun of the Muslim religion and Everyone loves him. I didn't see anyone call for His head.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Not said by Gandhi. Another thing that Christ and Gandhi weren't. Childish. Gandhi's words seem to be ringing true...again.

Actually they are hollow words , anyone who can't see the differences in modern history is childish

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Actually they are hollow words , anyone who can't see the differences in modern history is childish

Christ's words or Gandhi's? Both said pretty much the same thing. In a way the Kernel agrees. Neither would engage in childishness of this type of debate. Both would forgive the childishness though. Maybe one will learn from this. Maybe not. Free will is open to personal inadequacy and hypocrisy. Even in debate.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

What is childish is quoting ghandi that "bashes" Christians, but when those words are changed around a bit to show the hypocrisy of some people.

Then it gets labeled as "childish".

Oh well.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

How about when they bomb clinics or kill doctors? The Ku Klux Klan best represents one form of Christian terrorism, burning a cross to demonstrate reverence for Christ;

Christian terrorism

They were explicitly Christian terrorist in ideology, basing their beliefs on a "religious foundation" in Christianity.[64] The goals of the KKK included, from an early time on, an intent to "reestablish Protestant Christian values in America by any means possible," and believe that "Jesus was the first Klansman."[65] Their cross-burnings were conducted not only to intimidate targets, but to demonstrate their respect and reverence for Jesus Christ, and the lighting ritual was steeped in Christian symbolism, including the saying of prayers and singing of Christian hymns.[66] Many modern Klan organizations, such as the Knights Party, USA, continue to focus on the Christian supremacist message, asserting that there is a "war" on to destroy "western Christian civilization."

This doesn't begin to touch the bombings of clinics and murders of doctors.

Sure these types of Christians don't issue "fatwas" in the modern sense, although some Christians faiths do issue "Blood Atonement" (Mormons), murder condoned by the Church. So please, spare us the "Christians are superior" hokum, Islam and Christians (and Judaism) are exactly alike.

One thing to distinguish, is that the United States government doesn't issue such proclamations as Fatwas or encourage the sort of Christian terrorism practiced by KKK and that ilk - that has as much to do with the separation of Church and State, a guiding principle of our foundation. Iran's government and it's religion are one and the same, which makes such proclamations more dangerous. Imagine if the KKK or some of these other extremist Evangelical groups were also the government here, then you would be seeing how radical a merger of Church and State could be.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Doesn't the idea of "pestering" them with Muhammad cartoons every day sound just a little like "bullying" to you? Because it sure does to me.

It was already said: Intolerance breeds intolerance.

1) A cartoon doesn't = intolerance in my book it equals something funny. I make fun of myself and my beliefs all the time it’s fairly healthy.

2) Actually, Systematic desensitization therapy which in effect is what repetitive and increased exposure to a person's irrational, fear or phobia and their resultant irrational actions to such things works quite well. So in theory the more we expose them to free speech and our exercise thereof the less they should come to fear and react to in a bat-crap crazy and totally irrational manner.

Systematic desensitization is a type of behavioral therapy bases a the principle of classical conditioning.
This therapy aims to remove the fear response of a phobia, and substitute a relaxation response to the conditional stimulus gradually using counter conditioning.

www.simplypsychology.org...

Again, a cartoon and satire are not intolerance and hate - its humor been around for a million years probably since the first caveman ran for chief and people made fun.

The bat-crap crazy reaction to it is intolerance and hate.

So perhaps a good desensitization campaign is in order – simply stating look in America people can draw whatever they want the government doesn’t interfere. You can react in a totally insane manner burn flags, effigies, shout blasphemy to the rooftops but the second you start taking hostile action on our citizens for the actions of the person drawing such cartoons we are going to send in a tomahawk missile on the residence/concentration of the perpetrators. For governments who fail to protect our citizens we will cut off all aid packages and follow that by a strike on your center f government.

Eventually they will learn to avoid such behavior. It works on animals I would think the even Extremists Muslim assholes can pick up on the concept. It’s called conditioning.

Instead they are conditioning us with the full endorsement and acceptance of the Appeaser-in-Chief. They are changing the way we can practice our first amendment rights and our POTUS in complacent and a partner in the enterprise.

Woot! Barry….

Soon we can all sit around the Mosque singing the praises of the Prophet!

edit on 2/10/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Doesn't the idea of "pestering" them with Muhammad cartoons every day sound just a little like "bullying" to you? Because it sure does to me. It was already said: Intolerance breeds intolerance.

You know, the one analysis I don't see is of who is riling up these essentially ignorant masses. Cui bono? Really...most of these appear to be rent-a-mobs. So who benefits when the brown people are goaded into hysteria by their 'leaders'? Who takes the headlines and uses them to their advantage? Connect the dots any way one likes...but do take the blinkers off, eh?

(not you, BH...but the silly people)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

When Salman Rushdie mocked Islamic sanctities in his magical 1989 realist novel “The Satanic Verses,” Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini did something shockingly original: He issued a death edict on Rushdie and all those connected to the production of his book. By doing this, Khomeini sought to impose Islamic mores and laws on the West. We don’t insult the prophet, he effectively said, and neither can you.

Westerners could then once again treat Islam as they do other religions – freely, to criticize without fear. That would demonstrate to Islamists that Westerners will not capitulate, that they reject Islamic law, that they are ready to stand up for their values.

A Muhammad Cartoon A Day

I don't usually post things from Fox News (I don't even visit their website), but I got this article from a friend, so I thought I'd post it here for ATS. It could be an interesting social experiment. Even the most extreme person gets "overstimulated" by their obsession and can lose interest.

Perhaps if people showed the extremists that we're tired of their bullying and aren't afraid of them, they'd go away.

/TOA

Or get angrier and kill more of our men overseas but what do you care?

You are sitting safe at home.

Yeah...Let's stir up our own version of a a reality game!... It could be fun!
If you are a sick psychopath or a juvenile idiot.

We're tired of their bullying? LOL

How many of their innocent people have we killed in drone strikes?
or from crazed soldiers murdering families while they slept?
we burned their holy book on their land, pissed on their dead,
and went over there with a movie blaspheming their God.

And WE are sick of their bullying?

Now you think a cartoon a day might be funny.
Judaism, Christianity and the Muslim religion all stem from the ABRAHAM FAITH.
How can you make fun of one, without making fun of them ALL?
They are all the same, except we don't take ours that seriously any longer and we dropped some of the most radical things from the books. They didn't, but neither did the Jews.

edit on 2-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join