It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stop thinking about death and the after life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For the past two weeks I can't stop thinking about what really happens after we die. This isn't healthy because it is all on my mind, I just feel the need to continue to read and research, and to talk about it. I'm agnostic so I don't know what will happen. If there was proof nothing ever happens and we just die and that's that I'd be okay with it. But I can't force myself to become atheist and believe in nothing. I think there are far too many things out there that science can't explain or we have yet to discover in this world/universe.

With that being said, ideally I would like to believe in an eternal heaven where I'm in some type of state of happiness. If I want to see loved ones I can hang out with them. I can do unimaginable crazy fun things in heaven. But this is illogical and just wishful thinking. I can't imagine how an eternal heaven would be.

After researching, reincarnation kind of makes sense to me which is really depressing me. Out of all the beliefs, reincarnation makes me sad. I don't want to keep living and repeating a new life, I don't want to forget my good fun memories, I like who I am, I don't want to forget those I love and our relationships, I don't want my husband to become my daughter in a next life. It sounds so weird...and I don't want to believe in reincarnation but I'm more likely to believe this than anything else because science explains energy is not destroyed or created it just transfers. So our energy (conscious) can have the ability to go into a body and repeat the cycle until our spirit is fulfilled.

I know I'll never find a concrete answer. I just wish I had a good faith like Christians, Atheist, or other religions who are sure of themselves. I am going to drive myself insane thinking about this. My boyfriend doesn't like when I get like this.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Don't worry about death, it doesn't help, we will all die one day. I think when we die it will be the same as before we where born. Billions and billions o years went by without knowing a single thing.
And if reincarnation is real, I don't think you will know you have been reincarnated, so it would just be like now.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 2-10-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I got some videos that I hope helps you:

edit on 2-10-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I know everyone who keeps seeing me post this will think I'm a pest! Aha.

But I highly, highly recommend the Ra Material, AKA The Law of One.

I too felt the same as your self, until 3 months ago and things began making sense.

Now, it WON'T be easy, I still have 8 sessions to go through the Ra material, of 106, but seriously, my time could not have been devoted to a better cause.

Reincarnation is a truth. As is tought in the ancient times, and that of Eastern Philosophy, apparently it WAS in the Bible at some point, but *someone* removed it, as lots of things have been tampered with in that darn book!

The Ra material is linked in my signature, alternatively, you could do as I have, and listen to each session via youtube, that a handful of people have pain-stakingly uploaded.

Youtube : The law of one session 1, and begin!

The over head voice, and complex words were annoying for me at first, the words are now familiar and the voice a welcome tranquil meditation almost.

I bet you £50 you will be impressed and of sound mind afterwards.. Don't come calling for that until a few months time though, cuz I'll know you can't have absorbed it all before then

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Alternatively, if you don't wish to commit that much time to what you are unfamiliar with, ask me a few questions, and ill tell you what Ra said (as best I can remember! Aha)

Just to see if it "makes sense" to you

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thanks for trying but that video made no sense to me lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689

Yeah they're kind of Buddhist in their thinking.

To me it seam like you want to believe the simple construct that most religions adopt that after you die some or all your senses are still working to some degree E.G (See) your family and loved one (feel) the pleasure of 72 virgins OR god (Hear) the voice of your family and friends (Feel) forever happy....

Unfortunately this is just a construct of a some how sensual supposed after life to attract people into joining there Religion/Clan/Cult.

It is an easy thing to adopt because the mind itself can not imagine nothing, and even if it can it is still Imagining it! Humans are naturally lazy, Hence why these religions look so attractive, all the thinking is done for us and we just have to believe!

but with right dedication and meditation on death you realise to let go. It is just your mind trying to imagine nothing to create and see and feel death, paint a picture of nothing, feel nothing, hear nothing all at once, and it can't do this in which it then reacts by such things as panic attacks, anxiety and fear and all sorts of mental problems which can stop you living your life to the full.

I hope this helps better than the video LOLs!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

It seams like your views on rebirth and an idea that you can remember your past life, you got remember that you have lived before 1000's of times, do you feel sad about them? of course not.

You got to understand YOU is just a concept of identity. Which is shaped by environment, cultures, preferences in which our information from our senses makes our brain react by sending positive/negative neural signals.

You are not you after your rebirth.

Different culture, different environment, different race, different upbringing, different friends, different way of thinking, different time, different brain, different mind, you look different, you react different, different way of storing memories, different way of seeing/feeling/hearing memories......

The possibilities are endless.....

Just sounds like to me you need to meditate, it really puts the mind to ease on these sort of things.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity

Originally posted by chelle21689

Yeah they're kind of Buddhist in their thinking.

To me it seam like you want to believe the simple construct that most religions adopt that after you die some or all your senses are still working to some degree E.G (See) your family and loved one (feel) the pleasure of 72 virgins OR god (Hear) the voice of your family and friends (Feel) forever happy....

Unfortunately this is just a construct of a some how sensual supposed after life to attract people into joining there Religion/Clan/Cult.

It is an easy thing to adopt because the mind itself can not imagine nothing, and even if it can it is still Imagining it! Humans are naturally lazy, Hence why these religions look so attractive, all the thinking is done for us and we just have to believe!

but with right dedication and meditation on death you realise to let go. It is just your mind trying to imagine nothing to create and see and feel death, paint a picture of nothing, feel nothing, hear nothing all at once, and it can't do this in which it then reacts by such things as panic attacks, anxiety and fear and all sorts of mental problems which can stop you living your life to the full.

I hope this helps better than the video LOLs!

So what do you believe? Well your explanation was better than the video lol

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You're depressed and the 'constant thinking' about a topic is called perseveration. It's the repetition of thoughts and moods without a noticeable cause. It's due to a brain chemistry glitch. You can research different religions for years, or you can change your brain chemistry in a day or two. Get some 5-HTP which is available over the counter and try that. It can cause nausea at first in people as it stimulates the sensors in the small intestine that control that sensation (for when we may be poisoned, for instance) but that side effect is only in maybe 20% of people. 5-HTP is the direct precursor to serotonin in the brain and will cross the blood-brain barrier and up your serotonin levels rather quickly, in a few days of dosing at 50 mg or so a day. It will change your mood for the better, much better, if low serotonin is the problem, and help with any sleeping problems.

While I'm an atheist that believes in both reincarnation and life after death (I've had personal proof of both), I don't necessarily believe in a god, much less that guy pictured on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, nor any personality described in any testaments, old or new. A universal power, sure, (probably just light in all it's frequencies) but clarifying exactly what that is will probably require a brain much larger than we now possess, so I refuse to obsess on it.

My own take on all this now is, you're here to learn things that only being in a body and in a 3D state will be able to teach you. You often 'meet' the same souls or spirits on your return here, but that varies. You'll go back to 'source' (whatever that is) after you die and as you learn more, you remember more of past lives. As your spirit ages, you learn enough to stop needing to return here (I consider Planet Earth to be a bit of purgatory, possibly a prison planet and only the brave volunteer for it...).

Your mileage may vary; check out the 5-HTP; especially if you've been having trouble sleeping; or staying asleep; that's a sign of low serotonin. There's a lot of information available on line about it, and it's always good to do some research before you try something new.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

I believe this is a hologram....

Science has started to back this idea as well.

Think about this...

If you die and some how they freeze your body to be resuscitated 1000 years in the future when that sort of knowledge and technology is available. Now what if at that point, because your body is dead, you have been reborn into another person. Now say that person is alive at the time you are resuscitated. What happens?

2 of the same energy in 1 person? Is that possible?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I got some 5-HTP It just made me sleepy and really tired, But anti-depressants have that effect on me, I hate them. rather cure it with my brain, well I got no choice.

Unless I want to walk around the gym like a zombie

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

Welcome to the club. I think about what happens after death all the time, well, quite a lot anyway. And i can honestly say of all the thoughts i had in my life, this conundrum is one that feels like im being thrown into insanity. I cant cope with the thought of myself longer existing, on the other hand if we do go somewhere else after this life, i think about it and im scared of that as well. I know it sounds silly, but i am. I cant even begin to get around the thought of not having my body, and the thought of being in another dimension possibly with my creator, blows my mind . So now, when i feel myself going in to that train of thought, i stop myself and change my thoughts. Its the only way i can cope.

And sinny, i would love you to give us some ra snippits, i read the first ten pages but then i went no further. Sorry to sound lazy but id love to hear some of the writings in a user friendly sinny manner. ta

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Closet Goths get everywhere.....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Guess I'll go crazy.

top topics

join