It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you experience Shadow People?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Ehh...kind of like your standard light...whitish and natural? because I can see the color of his hair and part of his skin/clothes

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

My old dog and I had a shadow-person incident about 12-15 years ago with a shadow person. Its the only experience I'd ever had with shadow people. We were on a midnight walk like we did regularly back then (I was a restaurant worker at the time, so late-night walks were common.)

We were walking through a park which has a big open field to one side, about 20 acres I'd guess, a winding asphalt path which is where we walked, and a playground and fenced-in tennis courts on the opposite side of the path. The tennis courts were near the exit (based on us coming in on the other side), and after we passed them, I got the chills-up-the-spine feeling. Immediately after that, my dog jerked his head over toward the tennis courts and let out a low growl. I turned and looked, and saw something that should not have been there. Exact shape of a man, but completely black, like a shadow. "he" took a few paces forward as we both watched, then just stopped and "stared" (that's what it felt like, though there was no discernabke face.) we turned, I coaxed my doggie on, and we proceeded out of the park.

I went back to test it out with a friend the next night. Same time, basically the same moon/lighting conditions. Tried with him wearing all black. Nothing could have made a person appear "all black" in that spot.

That's all I've got. Never encountered again, no feelings on what/why. For me, the big bit of information is that my dog clearly saw "him" too.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
When i was in 6th grade i spent the night at a friends of mine. His house was way out in the boonies in a place called kenansville FL, his mom had a friend over as well and they were drinking a lot of wine. I don't know what brought it up, but they started talking about a house that was about a mile away that they claimed to be haunted. i think the story was something like a couple of drug dealers that lived their go in a fight and shot one another. But they told each other about different story's they have heard about the place. ANYHOW they got drunk and passed out, and my friend told me he know exactly were the place was that they were talking about, so we headed out and about 30 min later we found the place.

It was a large two story white house that was falling apart, broken windows and no front door. we went in and wondered around the house for Maybe 10 min. We were being kids and psyching each other out saying we were seeing and hearing things even though we truly did not. BUT then we were in the first room of the house were the front doorway was. i was standing with the doorway to my back with my friend facing me about 5 feet away and at that moment i saw a shadow that was like a lot of people say "Blacker then Black". It zoomed from left to right behind my friend and at that same moment my friend screamed and we both ran out of the house and down the road.

We where running for what had to be ten min strait all the way back to his house, when we got there he was frantically rubbing his back and i said to him " You saw it too!?" and he said "Saw what!?". and that's when he lifted up his shirt and he had three dark red scratch marks the full length of his back. he never saw the shadow that i saw, but he was scratched at the same moment. We never did tell ether of our parents about it for the fact that we would probably get in trouble for going out like that.

It was a major event in my life that i have never forgotten, and i think its fare to say he will not ether...

That was my first paranormal experience, but i am a bit of a amateur ghost hunter for the last 5 years or so now. i have a handful of interesting paranormal story's from my adventures and one truly amazing one with a amazing picture to go along with it. Iv been a long time observer on this site and i'm now just waiting to build enough posts up to create a thread of my own to share this event.
edit on 4-10-2012 by OpenSource because: Added gaps

edit on 4-10-2012 by OpenSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by intrptr

Ehh...kind of like your standard light...whitish and natural? because I can see the color of his hair and part of his skin/clothes

Just wondering. The light I saw behind a woman's ghost in a window was bluish. Another time the ghost itself was a "shimmer", like a mirage in the air.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by intrptr

Just wondering. The light I saw behind a woman's ghost in a window was bluish. Another time the ghost itself was a "shimmer", like a mirage in the air.

Someone told me it could be my guardian angel.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Sorry for the delay. I am not receiving a message prompt from you. I came back here to read what I said and saw your new post.

Someone told me it could be my guardian angel.

Could be. Here's one way to tell.. if you have had experiences in your life that appear to be "coincidental" but also like mysterious at the same time? Like either life saving moments or good fortune and out of your control, then that could be a guardian of some kind. I'll give you an example.

One time I was sitting at a traffic light waiting for the light to change. When it turned green instead of going I just stared at it for a few seconds. A car came from the right suddenly and wooshed by in front of me. If I had gone there would have been a nasty wreck.

"Something" spared me. You see? There are other weird coincidences like that that make you feel that something or someone is watching over you.

As far as it being an "angel" or not, I don't know. Some think it could be family passed on Those are "ghosts" too are they not? Or "angels"? Other cultures do the "ancestor" thing, like reverence for family members who they say are always there around us, guiding and influencing us when they can.

We meet them in dreams sometimes. The "familiar" strangers? The helpers or guides that show us stuff and take us places and when we wake up we can't remember their name? This lit up ghost you see may be helpful or harmful, I don't know. Usually a sighting is accompanied by events that may happen later that indicate it was the spirit that was responsible. Like you see the ghost and then some time later (even days) you get a job... or have a car wreck. Could be just a warning type visit or a bad influence attached to you. Those are a bummer. Only you would know.

If it only happens in one place then it could just be a spirit of someone moved on that used to live there in the past. Some food for thought. If you have more detail about it, I maybe can share my experience.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chaoticborders

If you feel threatened in your own home. Try not to be afraid. Tell it to leave, it is not welcome. Use the force of your anger to protect your kids to help push it out. Declare it is YOUR home.

You can be forceful without being angry. I wouldn't "scold" the ghost. It is there for a reason. If you get angry, it might respond with anger too. But I get your point. Just saying about anger.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I just moved into a new apartment a couple months ago and I've noticed out of the corner of my eye a few times what would seem to be a movement, but when I look there's nothing there. I just think it's my eyes playing tricks on me, but if it's a spirit I wouldn't necessarily think it's evil. Possible explanations are glimpses at another dimension or even a loved one who's passed who just stopped by to check on you. At least that's what I tell myself to regain comfort.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
After reading the whole thread, I'm just curious if anybody has tried to talk to one of these shadow spirits in the middle of one of their experiences? I'm not of the weak-minded and I imagine I would try to communicate and depending on my mood would determine what I'd say likely. Of course, I haven't had an in-your-face experience either so I'm not 100% sure what I'd do.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blane2012

I have conversed to my shadow person, but all he said to me was "Pleased to meet/finally meet you" and a bit of a conversation on Shakespeare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join