It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you experience Shadow People?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Check out a full info topic here:
en.wikipedia.org...

In short though, Shadow People are those shadowy figures that you notice in your peripheral vision. So they are to the side, and often when you look at them they quickly disappear.

Most people notice these things. In your opinion, is it something paranormal? Like an alternate being? Or is it simply a trick of the eyes / lighting?

I don't know, but I know it is common for many people to notice "shadow people".

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
it means you need to get a good nights sleep...lol

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

I have been told that the so called (shadow people) are demons in their spirit form.

I think this may be true.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

i am convinced, there are non-human beings interacting with humans.
this here could well be a "shadow person":

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I used to at my old house. I'd always feel like someone was standing in the room with me and could "feel" where the "presence" was at. It always felt evil and cold as hell. I was Christian back then and I prayed in hopes it would go away, it DID NOT work. lol

I even saw a shadow person head on with my friend sitting next to me. We both looked at each other at the same time like WTF WAS THAT?

Nowadays I just try to rationalize it on high EMF waves or something. But there is still a big part of me that is pretty sure I saw a ghost. You never know though.
edit on 2-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I myself have never seen a shadow person, but my daughter and her friend, when they were about 7 years old, used to complain about a black shadow that they thought was a man, floating in the air in my daughter's bedroom. At the time I figured they were just making stuff up, but now, at 20 years old, she swears it was a shadow person and it used to appear to her and scare the hell out of her. She never wanted to play in her room because of this, and I had to sit with her at night to get her to go to sleep.

There is still a bit of fear within her that she might see it again. She said it emanated evil. Perhaps there is something to the "demon" theory, after all.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

I dont know if I experience shadow people. But sometimes out the side or corner of my vision i will see like slits of colors that look like oil slick film but free of oil like little tears somewhat? Thats what I tend to see but I dont get to make a body out of it before it vanishes..

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm more inclined to believe shadow people is just tricks on the eyes. However, who knows. It's always in my peripherals and never head on, or it happens when I'm moving my eyes or head quickly.

My spirit experiences have simply been speaking with my grandma and telling my mom she was in the room. Another time I was looking up to the ceiling and said "hey Grandma" and my mom said "grandma's not here" and I replied "yes she is, she's right there", pointing to 'nothing that SHE could see'.

An old babysitter of years told my mom that she would overhear me speaking with people that weren't there - not imaginary friends.
One specific example is when she said hey William who are you talking to? And I said oh I was just talking to the old man! And I claimed to be speaking with an old man by a tree in my yard.
I do not recall any of these experiences whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I never saw a shadow person until I moved into the building I am in now, and I have seen one twice since being here. Only thing is, I saw it head on, not out of the corner of my eye. Also, it was at one end of the hallway, both times it was at the same end of the building,once on the 3nd floor and once on the 2rd floor directly above where I saw it on the third. As to what it was, I don't know. That corner of the building seems to have issues.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Shadow people is a really strange topic. Sometimes it's a trick of the light which is easy to figure out. If it isn't you'll known or brush if off. I know quite a few people who see them plus myself. They always seem to be either a spirit of some kind or bleed in from a separate dimension. Personally, I have no idea since it's only a theory. Shadow people move fast and strangely in your peripheral, disappearing when you look. The weird ones that don't disappear, even linger, are probably spirits.

They're not usually nice ones either. My brother has seen three different ones. One demon, two spirits. My dad has seen a lot, which were a variety of spirits and demons. I have seen four different ones. One demon, three spirits. And so on and so forth of other people experiencing the same thing.

Why aren't the black ones nice? No idea. The few my brother saw actually followed and haunted him. Many of the one's my dad saw did the same except for a small percentage. The few I saw did the same except for the fourth. It was just a half-formed figure that glided across the room.

In all seriousness, again, no clue.
edit on 2-10-2012 by undergroundlight because: error

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wait until you experience me !

when i walk in the corridor i always create a big scary shadow

i dont need to be magician to do that .. i can actualy show you its easy

edit on 10/2/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

So can everyone else that eats McDonalds

Just kidding!
I'm sure you look just fine / not like a giant.

Anyways, Shadow People are intriguing as if they are actually paranormal creatures, then how come we only see them temporarily? Are they careless enough to show themselves, even for fractions of a second? Or perhaps they cannot always remain hidden?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There is a great video that people need to watch who see shadow people. These things can kill you over a period of time by sucking the life out of you. PLEASE, watch the video! I copied this from my thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There was a guy who died on the 2nd floor on that end of the hallway actually, within a few months of seeing it,but then I saw it on the third floor, he was on the 2nd floor almost directly under where I saw it. When I saw it on the 2nd floor later on, it was after he had died. BUT, it was outside his neighbors door.
I'll check the video, but I don't know how much I would believe that a shadow person is causing death,but I will watch it.

Oh sure! Dead files! My favorite these days!

Maybe I shouldn't watch it.
youtube is being a pain and just sitting there trying to load it, like I am not supposed to see it...LOL!
That happened to me the other day when I was watching a video you had posted about David Willcox, right at the point where they said the ID monster was the cause of the destruction of a military base....it froze on the monster....*shiver* lol

Got it working *watching/listening*
edit on 2-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostx

Originally posted by Ben81

So can everyone else that eats McDonalds

Just kidding!
I'm sure you look just fine / not like a giant.

Anyways, Shadow People are intriguing as if they are actually paranormal creatures, then how come we only see them temporarily? Are they careless enough to show themselves, even for fractions of a second? Or perhaps they cannot always remain hidden?

Even on my knees i could look like a giant

when the raylights shine on me at a different angle (close to my body)
only eyes illusions on the wall so dont be deceive by silly running shadows
it could be a tiny mouse for all your know lol

you are the ruler of your own house (except if something bad happened in it before)
hope nobody was hurt because it could create negative memories in a loop
many dont understand these signs that the truth only wants to get out in many houses
it create different type of events that you cant possibly understand and comprehend
until you start researching for the truth of these events

Good Luck in your quest

be Fearless and full of Love and nothing bad will happen !

I used to go at Mcduckypoo .. not anymore
but i kind of miss the Big Mac (arg i have said the word)
now my mind try to influence me trying to get one RIGHT NOW

and its all your fault .. really i would appreciate that you dont use magic spell on me please
or i will report you and very quick

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Whoa......

Thanks Sled for pointing that video out.
She just verified something I was kind of thinking about the building I work/live in.

That will take some time to ponder.

*thinks happy thoughts*

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735

Whoa......

Thanks Sled for pointing that video out.
She just verified something I was kind of thinking about the building I work/live in.

That will take some time to ponder.

*thinks happy thoughts*

Humm............... maybe your computer is experiencing something paranormal freezing up on important points! LOL ?????

Did you watch all 3 videos? The last one where she discusses her findings with the owners is where she tells some about how shadow beings can kill you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yeah, I watched all three.
I am kind of powerless in a situation like this because there are so many people who live here, if someone is attracting these things, I cannot tell who, at least not yet. Perhaps the answers will come.
There was one girl who moved last month that we (not I actually as I know these things exist) used to call "Spooky" because she would talk about having ghosts in her apartment and when I did talk to her later, she said that she has her own that follow her, but that when she moved into the building, more started showing up in her place. I also know that the ones with her were purely mental beings, almost like the poltergeist that was spoken of in the video.
I can vouch for spirits being in the building as when I first moved in here I had three spirits come in and out of my apartment for a week or so after I moved in. These were not shadow beings though, they were somehow connected to the building itself, of that I am sure.
I think they knew I was going to become the caretaker.

But after watching that video, and thinking about the old man who died....and seeing the shadow being above his apartment, and then after he died, next door...yeah...ok, I am a believer.

I have not seen a shadow being in a little while, but am watching for them, especially now.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sceptical occult experimenter here. However, I was doing no experiments and had not been for some time when I started seeing darting shadows around my house. At first I had wondered if it wasn't something with my eyes, as a few years earlier I was seeing the normal floaters (darting lights) we see as we get older and the lenses of our eyes deteroriate. For me, I dismissed it, and I would be lying in my bed in the semi-darkness lit by a nightlight, in my own thoughts, and I would see something that appeared to be a small shadow dart by.

Eventually, the frequency increased, to where I could focus (a gaze, you could say) on something in the room, and I would see these darting shadows here and there, sometimes directly in my gaze. One night I was lying with my face away from the light coming from my nightlight, and something appeared to go across the light, not making it black out completely, but enough that I was fairly sure it wasn't an insect either, as this was winter, and a fly or something of that nature would have been distinguishable, I believe. It looked like something had went past the light, not a power outage or the light going out. In any case, it got to the point where I could just sit and watch these shadows darting about every night, dozens of times, never really able to focus on them as they move so fast, where they were going and where they were appearing from I could not answer.

I would add that I have animals that appeared oblivious to the phenomena in the room, and also that I never felt any sort of 'presence', or any fear or apprehension for that matter. Throughout this period I never took it seriously, really. I felt it was at least possible that it was my aging eyes, and I still think it's at least a possibility. I can tell you there were many times I was lying there, not thinking about shadows at all, when I would see something nearly a foot from my face dart by, which always took my by surprise.

Eventually they went away on their own, I guess, as I never did anything to clear them out, and I rarely see them now. Earlier this year I 'cleaned' the place pretty thoroughly just to be on the safe side.

There is an episode of Ghost Adventures where they use motion detectors and catch a darting shadow on video, and I can tell you that whatever they captured on film is exactly the sort of stuff I was seeing. Very quick, smallish darting shadows.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

Take a look at the video posted earlier in the thread

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Ghostx

i am convinced, there are non-human beings interacting with humans.
this here could well be a "shadow person":

Is that the same episode you are talking about?
It is a Ghost Adventures episode where they caught one on camera.
I didn't realize that until I went to see if I could find the episode, and saw the same thing on youtube as was already posted.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join