It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warns European governments against supporting Palestinians at UN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Exactly
This is no longer the Middle Ages and the idea of states based on religion are as relevant as burning elderly women at the stake, panicing when there's an eclipse and bathing once a year.

You mean like for large periods of the Middle Ages where people of any denomination could pray and live happily side by side in the "Holy Land"? Far more civilised back then than it is now.......

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Wasn't statehood actually agreed in the Assembly in 1998 / 1999? Just that nothing has happened since then for various reasons.

Which makes this subsequent vote even more ridiculous. Seriously, just give them their state. Although, frankly, i totally agree with Earthcitizen. Should all live together in one happy state (ok - wishful thinking). However, as a solution, make a single state and put the Baha'i faith in charge. Hard to see how anyone could fall out with a Baha'i!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
As emotive a subject that the Palestinian issue is I think it's pretty sad, and perhaps predictable, that this appears to becoming more of a discussion on that rather than the OP.

For the sake of this thread etc it's pretty much irrelevant what I personally think about Palestine - but who the hell does the US government think it is trying to enforce it's will upon other independant countries, most of whom are allegedly their closest allies.
Typical US government arrogance thinking it can bully and threaten - it is one thing attemping to influence and persuade but this is antagonistic and provocative.

Quite simply put the US needs to be told to # right off and mind it's own business.
edit on 3/10/12 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Americas leaders need to just stfu and back the f up for a while until they can help us citizens actually get this nation back together. Humpy Dumpty done fell off the wall, and he is in a bunch of little pieces.
We are Humpty Dumpty- And we need to be put back together again.

Let the UN deal with Israel and Iran is what I say.

Thats their job.

Cany have any of this happen before elections though. Much tough talk ahead up until though.

Circus of a show.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
something just isn't right with bombing Qaddafi for freedom directly and Assad through proxy, then turning right around and denying the Palestinians the same thing.

Netanyahu must go!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Wasn't statehood actually agreed in the Assembly in 1998 / 1999? Just that nothing has happened since then for various reasons.

Which makes this subsequent vote even more ridiculous. Seriously, just give them their state. Although, frankly, i totally agree with Earthcitizen. Should all live together in one happy state (ok - wishful thinking). However, as a solution, make a single state and put the Baha'i faith in charge. Hard to see how anyone could fall out with a Baha'i!

The strange part will be the position of the Commonwealth Nations, according to the (I believe) Commonwealth heads of state/government meeting in 97, All the heads of State/Government recognised Palestine as being a historic part of the Commonwealth and as such would consider their application when they finally get statehood.

Regardless if they can get over the hurdles vis-a-vis human rights etc to join the Commonwealth (If Rwanda can I am sure Palestine can) I think the most important part was the recognition that Palestine exists as a state and that state has historic ties to the Commonwealth.

Personally I think bringing them into the Commonwealth fold will certainly give Palestine another route to follow, away from the Israel/Iran issues and into a larger Community where they can really sit at the table with the bigger nations, and not be lost in the foggy fringes of the UN, not to mention access to a decent sized market to sell their wares and gain expertise.

But like you I guess that is wishful thinking when it is obvious that others have alternative agendas in play.
edit on 3/10/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Either way, I'd be happy to see the US stop funding the Palestinian Authority, if that is the final outcome.

If only we didn't fund the Israelis either, that'd be perfect.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Any other sources besides the guardian? .. when I google for this I'm not finding anything I'd consider reputable, and at least in my experience.. guardian has been pretty out there at times with their claims.

Heh, this guy. For someone who enjoys to advertise what he's capable of, apparently simple fact checking is 'beyond' his ability.

Disinfo at its most obvious. Not only is he the atypical Israeli Eagle when it comes to swatting down conspiracy theory with impunity, but boy can he quickly jump to the defense of Israel wherever and whenever threads like this pop up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this poster is a fraud.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What had ATS become today???

A member with an obvious anti-american and anti-jew agenda allowed to spew his hatred here, with a supposed 'PRIVATE MEMO' seen by journalists, and members naively twisted to discuss on this figment of imagination?

Have ATS lost its motto - to deny ignorance, and now, manipulated by others, upon an unverifiable 'PRIVATE MEMO'?

I am all for the discussion of the Palestine issue, but using such INSIDIOUS method to do so would only destroy the good will and trust of others, espacially when the OP is openly inviting hatred for US and ISRAEL, not with facts, but absolute lies!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

What had ATS become today???

A member with an obvious anti-american and anti-jew agenda allowed to spew his hatred here, with a supposed 'PRIVATE MEMO' seen by journalists, and members naively twisted to discuss on this figment of imagination?

Listen up Turbo, I have nothing against Americans or Jews so your attempts to derail the thread with inaccurate character assassinations will be ridiculed as they deserve to be.

Get a life you peddler of lies and propaganda, you should be ashamed of yourself.

What has ATS come to indeed...

People like you are what is wrong with ATS.

You should change your username from "SeekerofTruth101" to "SeekerofLies101".

Have a good day Turbo.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Great find OP, just another dot in the many dots that connect to show Israel (Zionists) have a huge amount of control and inlfuence over American politics and policy.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yeah, screw New York City.
reply to post by 00nunya00

...Which obviously would never be described as the multi-cultural capital of the world, but surely a better chance than Jerusalem.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

nope, about the land offered, we're subjected to the media and it makes most short-minded....I don't like the evil part of Israel BUT.....

Did you guys know they were offered just that 12 years ago and refused....during the arafat thing. see what I mean by short-minded. thats not all.....theres 150 more details like that one....I'll post 'em later when the flames demand it!....150 more.....

edit on 3-10-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh ...coolest of names

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
People all over the world wonder what happened to over one million palestinians.
I think the movie Hostel, by director Eli Raphael Roth, is true. I think they kidnap palastinians and keep them at some location while rich zionists from all over the world go there and do just like in the movie. Do I have proof? No, I don't, but ever since this movie came out I just got this very powerful feeling that it is really happening. It's kind of a wink in public amongst these evil beings.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ah, the American Administration is at it again....or is it the Israeli lobby?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

My opinion is that it is both of the organizations that you mentioned.

I'm very confident about my guess, but I would put most the blame on the Israeli lobby.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by Krono

My opinion is that it is both of the organizations that you mentioned.

I'm very confident about my guess, but I would put most the blame on the Israeli lobby.

I could've sworn that in the article it said America would use financial sanctions against the EU, that wouldn't be a smart move as that would more than likely cripple the american economy.

I could've read it wrong though, I often do.

And yes, you're very possibly right.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

...Which obviously would never be described as the multi-cultural capital of the world[...]

Why? I think NYC is considered by most in the world as the "multi-cultural capital of the world." Why do you disagree? Where would you suggest as an alternative?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by Morg234

...Which obviously would never be described as the multi-cultural capital of the world[...]

Why? I think NYC is considered by most in the world as the "multi-cultural capital of the world." Why do you disagree? Where would you suggest as an alternative?

Have you ever been to Vancouver?

In my opinion that would be the multi cultural capital of the world.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Hey EarthCitizen!

The difference here is that for the Palestinians in general, it isn't a religious issue, while for the jews (at least the practising non-orthodox ones), it is. Palestinians aren't saying "We want our own country because God gave it to us!" They're saying "We want our own country because we live (or lived, in the case of refugees) there, and don't like being occupied.

"Palestinian" isn't synonymous with "Muslim". There are Christian Palestinians, Muslim Palestinians (further divided into Shia and Sunni Palestinians), and there were even Jewish (native to the area, not immigrants) Palestinians, however that last group obviously was most happily taken in by Israel.

Palestine was never officially a country to begin with. Secondly I think we are kidding ourselves when we say it is not a religious issue. It most definitely is and that is why arabs want to call it palestine and jews want to call it israel.

In some ways it is an occupation due to the walls erected by the state of isreal to isolate mostly arab palestinians. The jews have the upper hand in that country and are not scared to show it. This infuriates the arabs and for good reason. But the arabs are just as uncompromising as the jews regardless if they lack the war hardware that jews have.

Yes christians have lived there too, but who would know that considering the jew-arab animosity prevalent. Christians and arabs fight it out in the neigbhorly nation called lebanon.

The middle east is more complicated than what people give credit for. To make matters worse all the arab dictators used israel-palestine as cannon fodder for domestic consumption. If you can't please your population then find external distractions. There are many conflicts like this throughout the world that don't get 1/5 the publicity of israel-palestine.
edit on 3/10/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join