It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket Launcher Police Test. (aka the dumb things people do.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hi.

This guy is starving for attention so he has his nephew dress up as a terrorist with an rpg and films him aiming the weapon at passing vehicles.

He claims he was 'testing' the response time of the Phoenix police department. I think he needs to find a new hobby, with all of the budget cuts I really don't think police have time for this nonsense.

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

Turley was arrested last week after allegedly having his nephew wear a sheet on his body and a towel on his head, then run around a Phoenix intersection with a fake rocket-propelled grenade launcher, in an attempt to "test" the Phoenix Police Department's response to a terrorist situation.

It turns out that the guy does actually make movies, albeit not incredibly successful ones. He wrote and directed his own movie starring John Voight, which sounded awesome until we found out that John Voight is not Jon Voight. According to Turley's/Giannantonio's description, it's a movie about a guy who gets stuck at a lot of red lights.

Turley faces charges of knowingly giving a false impression of a terrorist act, endangerment, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and misconduct involving a simulated explosive.

So anyway the guy got stuck with a bunch of fines and commuters had a story to tell around the dinner table. How often do you say 'you won't believe what I saw on the way home......'?

Well this time it was probably true.

If this was already posted then move on 2 the next story, orI guess you can post something telling me to search before I post. (which i did.)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

That's just too ridiculous. I think they invented straight-jackets for people like that.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Everybody knows it is unfair to test government response times without telling them in advance!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think what saved the kid dressed up as the terrorist was that he looked unbelievable. Hopping around and making it look obvious it is a stunt. Looks like the liberty Tax people or one of the new home arrow spinners that stand on the corner to attract attention. Glad the guy got arrested. The system is broken enough without idiots wasting the Police's time or court costs.
The guy in the white truck seems to not appreciate a RPG aimed at him.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good video. From it I found the intersection of the commotion and the the house that they were in front of when the cop showed up.

Google Maps

edit on 10/2/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Jeeez is this a government sponsored video? Trying to convince us that we need MORE police and tighter security measures?

This is just the sort of thing you want to show if you want to be living in a police state in the near future..nice one OP

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Posted Sept 28. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The guy is really lucky that somebody didnt shoot him for real.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have been saying this for years fake rpg launchers need to be outlawed or at least a permit required and extensive background search. / sarcasm.......

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
this IDIOT should have been arrested and charged with terroristic threats, whether or not they were real, what if theyb caused someone to react and cause an accident, injuring or killing someone?
This isnt first amendment rights, this is RETARDS ON PARADE

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but while I like a goof joke as much as anyone, this guy is an idiot. There is a lot of paranoia in America right now about terrorists, and in doing something like this he is just inciting people to do violence to him.

I'm sorry, but this is just not funny.

new topics

top topics

join