It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of Mars cities/glyphs/liquids & more are these real and if so who built them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

LOL yes Lunica I have added some data from that member as well in here.. Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
The glass worm or tunnels on Mars explained:

The Convex/Concave Con

www.badastronomy.com...

I find this debunking weak. "It looks like sand dunes to me". I'm not saying it's a glass worm, but even according to that site others including Arthur C. Clarke found it interesting, so it's hardly just Hoagland. I don't know what it is, but it's certainly interesting. Bad Astronomy's debunking would be stronger if there were evidence of other, similar dune formations. Mars is a mysterious place, and both sides are often too quick to say "I know what that is" when what we know at all is so limited even now.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Yes I question it also but allow room for it possibley not being what I see a new close up would be nice showing the shiny object. sepermeru

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A few more images 1 is a copy from OP others from mikesingh thread directed from Lunica

In op just different color

?

?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Maybe this is stronger then. 26,196 images of the Martian surface from HIRISE that you can enlarge. Just look at a few hundred with sand dunes and tell me they look like some intelligent designed glass tunnels. In most images you can see that they are wind formed dunes. When these dunes are in ravines or gullies they can look like tunnels but if you follow them from start to end, most fan out or just disappear when the surrounding environment changes.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Plus in an earlier post there were some sites mentioned that explained about winds and dunes on Mars. There are a lot of other information sites about Martian weather and wind out there.

Even Curiosity has a weather station that you can follow on Twitter.

Look at when Arthur C. Clarke made those statements and when the claims came out. It was a hot topic until better understanding and better images came to light.
edit on 5-10-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
MARS glyphs? Center page like Capricorn and Leo star symbols?

Obviously fake, the original ESA image appeared first and had a higher resolution (as expected), if that was the real one why would it appear a long time after the altered one and at a lower resolution? And the symbols look a lot like the Wingdings version of those symbols.

Original Mars glyphs photo with data at bottom left?

No, the original doesn't have that much contrast and is much larger, it's a 4970 x 3833 image, as you can see here. And it doesn't have the symbols.

HIGHLIGHTED INSIDE SQUARES THE TEXT IS SAID TO BE FAKE BUT WHY IS IT RUBBED OUT?

That's a different photo. And please don't shout.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Originally posted by dcmb1409
The glass worm or tunnels on Mars explained:

The Convex/Concave Con

www.badastronomy.com...

I find this debunking weak. "It looks like sand dunes to me". I'm not saying it's a glass worm, but even according to that site others including Arthur C. Clarke found it interesting, so it's hardly just Hoagland. I don't know what it is, but it's certainly interesting. Bad Astronomy's debunking would be stronger if there were evidence of other, similar dune formations. Mars is a mysterious place, and both sides are often too quick to say "I know what that is" when what we know at all is so limited even now.

Sometime it depends who you look at an object as I said in a previous post when MikeSingh was convinced he could show towers on the Moon they turned out to be shadows because he looked at them the wrong way up!

For example is it a Mound

NO it's a crater!!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Waiting for John Lear to pop in and photo dump all his proof that there are not only soul catchers on the dark side of the moon but also on Mars...

ah, I remember when he got banned from ATS for all that mess...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join