It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $1 billion mission to reach the Earth's mantle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by etoibmys
This is absolute foolishness! I vote NO. What happens if something goes wrong? Do the people even have a say in the matter? What can we do to stop this? If they were to succeed, nothing would ever be published.
edit on 2-10-2012 by etoibmys because: (no reason given)

Your post is hilarious when read in the context of the Apollo missions and the Hadron Collider. But nothing useful gained from those endeavors, right?

Worse things have happened at sea. The most that will go wrong is overruns on time and money, and just plain not being able to do it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by etoibmys

The absolute worse thing that could happen would be them drilling into a magma chamber, uttering the phrase "Oh dear Lor...." before being quickly vaporised by molten rock, which would presumably then find it's way to the surface and erupt, in exactly the same fashion as it has been doing for billions of years.

If they began the drilling undersea (as would make sense as this is where the crust is thinnest), it would pose no risk to anybody and just be the same as the hundreds of undersea eruptions which take place every year.

But the chances of them doing that are very slim. Much of the mantle is in fact solid rock.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If you guys go to my link and read about what the Russian found, you wont making all these useless discussions.

The dirlling wont reach any deeper, the rocks are too soft and reform themselves when the drill taken out to be cooled, pretty much what you see with candle. There are lots of hydrogen and the drilling team might blow out themselves if they fail or if they succeed, they will blow out the budget. I think its the latter.

Eventhough they mention it start at bottom of the sea, they wont make a base there, I think they will use a ship with drill on it. Why bother to build such a feat when you can use start from top of water ?

Again, if you guys take time to read, I would not need to explain all these.

Oh yeah, your 1 meter wide hole wont do harm to earth at all

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

There's a bunch of people living in there, you know that right? They are a society known as "The Morlocks". When a morlock is expelled and ends up on the surface, in which they end up dying, this would explain some of the rare big foot sightings. But also explain why we don't see any trace of a species of big foot.

see...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join