Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then Christians???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

I'm not saying if you are a Christian you have to agree with same sex marriage, because that's ridiculous and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What I am saying is that when is enough enough? How can people who are so FAKE just live in their own little candy coated world for so long and people just idly allow it by taking them seriously? In my opinion, there really is no bigger JOKE on this planet that the Catholic church and other Christians who continue to live a life of illusion that they are any better then the worst of the worst SCUM who roam this earth.

Well good, because i do not agree with same sex marriage or same sex sexual relations. I'm not going to speak for another believer but i'm not under any illusions i'm better than anyone else, except that i have what heathen do not which is Christ which does make me better spiritually, because i recognized that i'm so fubar'd that without the Savior i'll end up in the Pit. So in that regard people who think they can wallow in evil and think they are right are worse hypocrites. It shouldn't be about fingerpointing, it should be about recognizing we're all flawed people and because we're all flawed we should not be throwing stones. Only God can search our hearts and make the righteous judgements, however we are not supposed to condone things we know are evil and homosexuality is classified as sexual immorality under the Council of Jerusalem which is one of the things we were commanded not to do (as believers). However people not wanting to come to Christ are not beholden to these commandments and i think thats what many people often forget is that what is written in the bible is only for believers who choose to accept the terms, not for people who want no part of it. You do have a choice in the matter, but don't look down on us for disagreeing with your ways because we must, we're only doing what we're told to.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Most religious people are hypocrites to some extent. If a Christian person doesn't agree with anything on this list, then they are in fact a hypocrite, and aren't properly following god's word.

The bible says the following people should be killed:

- Homosexuals (Lev.20:13, Rom.1:26-32)
- Adulterers (Lev.20:10, Deul.22:22)
- Disobedient children (Deut.21:20-21)
- Women who are not virgins on their wedding night (Deut.22:13-21)
- Those accused of wickedness by at least two people (Deut.17:2-7)
- Anyone who works on the Sabbath (Exod.35:2-3, Num.15:32-6)
(Not even to kindle a fire. And there is no exception for life saving jobs like paramedics, firemen, or doctors.)

What does the bible tell us about women?

- It is 'shameful' for women to speak in church (1Cor.14:34-5)
- A man must OK his wife's words if they are to have force (Num.30:8)
- Lot saves the messengers from the men of Sodom by offring up his virgin daughters to "Do to them as you please." (Gen.19:8)
- "Kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Moses - Num.31:17-8)

What does the bible say about slavery?

- God supports slavery (Lev.25:44-6, Exod.21:2-8, Eph.6:5, Col.3:22)
- Instructions on how to sell your daughter as a slave (Exod.21:7-8)
- Guidance on when to give your slaves 'severe' or 'light' beatings (Luke.12:42-8)
- It is acceptable to beat slaves only if they don't die within two days (Exod.21:20-1)
- How to mark your slave: Drive an awl through its ear (Deut.15:17)

What does the bible say about marriage?

- It's best if all people remain unmarried. Marriage is a lesser-of-two evils compromise for Christians too weak to resist their sexual urges, "For it is better to marry than to burn." (Paul - 1Cor.7:1-2, 8-9, 25-6, 38)
- The rapist of an unwed woman must buy her and make her his wife (Deut.22:28-9)
(Apparently this is a FAR more "holy" union than a genuine, loving same-sex relationship...)

What does the bible say about justice?

- If a man suspects his wife of cheating he can serve her a cursed drink; if she becomes deformed, then that proves her guilt (Num.5:12-31)
- 42 children killed by bears for making fun of a prophet's baldness (2King.2:23-4)
- It is okay to beat your children with a rod - it won't kill them (Prov.23:13-4)
- God commits, orders, or endorses every form of atrocity known to man (Pretty much pick a page of the Old Testament at random and you'll find one.)

Do the Old Testament laws still apply?

- Every "jot" and "tittle" (Christ - Matt.5:17-9)

You think Jesus was a good role model?

- Christ tells us that we must "hate" our entire family, and even our own life, if we want to be one of his disciples (Luke.14:26)
- Those who abandon their families will be rewarded (Matt.19:29)
- "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother... and a man's foes shall be they of his own household." (Christ - Matt.10:35-6)
- "I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Christ - Matt.10:34)
- Refused to help a girl because she was a "dog" gentile (Matt.15:22-8)

Of course there are several good passages in the bible, the ones that are carefully selected by your minister or priest for Sunday readings. Do you honestly think they would read these ones out in church? lol. Put it this way, if you find a cupcake resting on top of a big pile of sh*t, do you eat it?

As i stated on my previous reply to the OP, whats in that book isn't for people who do not believe, it's for people who choose to accept the terms,

I love it when people take stuff out of context. Do you know the sword Jesus brought was not literal? He brought the sword of truth to cleave the wicked from the righteous. Simply put in those times, following him would likely get you killed as an apostate because jews who followed him were seen as traitors to their tradition and apostacy under Mosaic law was punishable by death, and many did die horribly for believing in Jesus and following him. Barnabas was skinned alive, Stephen was stoned to death, Peter crucified upside down. There's always a price to pay for following Messiah, and that price may be your very life itself. In the West, we see persecution of the mental type, where we are made fun of for what we believe, like what you're doing.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
I know the title may be a bit broad and I am not here to generalize; I know and understand that not ALL Christians fall into this category, so please keep this statement in mind before you post a stupid, biased reply.

Sure Muslims are the biggest hypocrites. The religion of peace...yet they'll cut your head off if you are not muslim. They kill girls that try to go to school. They'll homocide bomb innocent people in the street.

yep, they have everyone beat IMO.

You are welcome.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Chick Filet was under attack. Some ignorant mayors were saying they wouldn't let them have a restaurant in their city. Like Tom Menino in Boston. That's real tolerant, isn't it? So people wanted to show their support for a man who was being targeted and his business potentially hurt for having an opinion. That's what happened, just so you know. A traditional marriage supporter was under attack by people who think he doesn't have a right to his opinion. And people supported him and also supported the idea that they're tired of the gay lobby bullying anyone who doesn't go along with them. That's what they were in line for, to show that support. And that's the news and I'm out of here.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I love it when people take stuff out of context. Do you know the sword Jesus brought was not literal? He brought the sword of truth to cleave the wicked from the righteous. Simply put in those times, following him would likely get you killed as an apostate because jews who followed him were seen as traitors to their tradition and apostacy under Mosaic law was punishable by death, and many did die horribly for believing in Jesus and following him. Barnabas was skinned alive, Stephen was stoned to death, Peter crucified upside down. There's always a price to pay for following Messiah, and that price may be your very life itself.

Okay, fair enough, you refuted the sword parable, but what about all the others? What about these?

(Not even to kindle a fire. And there is no exception for life saving jobs like paramedics, firemen, or doctors.)

A true Christian would be fighting to have the murder laws changed in their country so the people listed could be put to death in accordance with the holy scriptures.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
In the West, we see persecution of the mental type, where we are made fun of for what we believe, like what you're doing.

Where exactly am I making fun of anybody? I don't see one single ad hominem attack in the post I made. I simply pointed out that picking & choosing which parts of the bible to believe is hypocritical because the book is meant to be followed in its entirety.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

What you're not understanding is 99% of the verses you quoted from was the old testament, the covenant given to Israel. We're the gentile nations saved under the second covenant of grace drawn by Christ's blood shed on the cross for us all. Gentiles were not apart of the first covenant. The entire reason the old testament was added to the new testament is because theyre companion books that tell us the identity of who God is and that he is our Savior, and because Israel made alot of really bad mistakes and the old testament is also a book to learn from their mistakes as well as the prophecies pointing to Jesus being the Creator. The old testament also tells us what God is like, what he hates, the things he finds abominable and evil.

Now in regards to things like the death penalty, no i don't necessarily agree with things like that, especially for minor things like homosexuality because Jesus teaches mercy, compassion and forgiveness, yet at the same time we're not to do those things but in the chance people who are homosexually predisposed and may fall to weakness he forgives even that if they ask it of him. The old law in the old testament is done with, it was for an age long passed and no more will you see christians or jews put homosexuals to death and those who do commit murder, have never known our God andare not of us. The penalty of death for breaking those laws is no more so there's no need for you to throw up old laws we're no longer bound by. We go by the new testament now.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
No I am not gay, and that is neither here no there anyway. People who are getting offended there is no reason to feel that way unless you are the people I speak of. The point I was trying to make is that I don't understand now people can say one thing, believe something, but then continue to live their lives completely the opposite way.

I'm offended by the lack of respect that people who insist on JUDGING others display with their actions, then go on and pretend to live their lives the way Jesus preached. Why do people feel the need to judge? Why do people feel they have the right to judge? Does it make sense for Christians to judge others constantly just because they don't share their opinions or live their lives a certain way just because a business institution (religion) says to do so?

But arnt you judging people.
Your own comment insults your own position
Oh the hypocrisy.

Christians are just people who make mistakes like everyone else. Get off your high horse.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Most religious people are hypocrites to some extent. If a Christian person doesn't agree with anything on this list, then they are in fact a hypocrite, and aren't properly following god's word.

Most people are hypocrites to some extent.. Sadly you have no concept of what you are rambling on about so your ignorance makes you a hypocrite

Short of Rom.1:26-32 every verse you picked is for the Jews under the Jewish covenant. Mind numbingly ignorant in truth. Those are Jewish laws, Christians are not Jews. Can you understand that concept???
As for Romans 1- 26, its a revelation of Gods wrath Romans 1-18 states The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
That means its Gods judgement not humanity's job. You quote-mine to justify your lie.

What does the bible tell us about women?

- It is 'shameful' for women to speak in church (1Cor.14:34-5)
- A man must OK his wife's words if they are to have force (Num.30:8)
- Lot saves the messengers from the men of Sodom by offring up his virgin daughters to "Do to them as you please." (Gen.19:8)
- "Kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Moses - Num.31:17-8)

Short of Corinthians14:34-5 every verse you picked is for the Jews under the Jewish covenant. Mind numbingly ignorant in truth. Those are Jewish laws, Christians are not Jews. Can you understand that concept???
As for Corinthians, the whole chapter is about Christians in Corinth shouting things out aloud in the church and Paul calls for order. Quote mining verse out of context. Its dumb

What does the bible say about slavery?

- God supports slavery (Lev.25:44-6, Exod.21:2-8, Eph.6:5, Col.3:22)
- Instructions on how to sell your daughter as a slave (Exod.21:7-8)
- Guidance on when to give your slaves 'severe' or 'light' beatings (Luke.12:42-8)
- It is acceptable to beat slaves only if they don't die within two days (Exod.21:20-1)
- How to mark your slave: Drive an awl through its ear (Deut.15:17)

Short of Eph.6:5, Col.3:22 every verse you picked is for the Jews under the Jewish covenant. Mind numbingly ignorant in truth. Those are Jewish laws, Christians are not Jews. Can you understand that concept???

Now think for a minute, If Jesus opposed slavery would there have been a rebellion and would the slaves been killed in huge numbers. Please think logicaly.
The bible teaches slaves to accept slavery, not endorses slavery. How do you get endorses slavery by those comments. Those atheist sites have fooled you. Try logic and reason when reading text..
As for Luke, its an analogy. A N A L O G Y
You embarrass yourself by stating that
edit on 3-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

What does the bible say about marriage?

- It's best if all people remain unmarried. Marriage is a lesser-of-two evils compromise for Christians too weak to resist their sexual urges, "For it is better to marry than to burn." (Paul - 1Cor.7:1-2, 8-9, 25-6, 38)
- The rapist of an unwed woman must buy her and make her his wife (Deut.22:28-9)
(Apparently this is a FAR more "holy" union than a genuine, loving same-sex relationship...)

More Jewish law, but at least your argument isnt all based on the Old Testament. Yay for you.
The rest is dismissed as it is clearly best a person remains unmarried, though marriage is ok.
Your point is mute

What does the bible say about justice?

- If a man suspects his wife of cheating he can serve her a cursed drink; if she becomes deformed, then that proves her guilt (Num.5:12-31)
- 42 children killed by bears for making fun of a prophet's baldness (2King.2:23-4)
- It is okay to beat your children with a rod - it won't kill them (Prov.23:13-4)
- God commits, orders, or endorses every form of atrocity known to man (Pretty much pick a page of the Old Testament at random and you'll find one.)

Hey look, now you quote just old testament. Gone backwards. Christians are not Jews, catching on yet???
I believe children should in love be disciplined, with a stick is fine. The point is "in love"

Do the Old Testament laws still apply?

- Every "jot" and "tittle" (Christ - Matt.5:17-9)

Yes the OT laws do apply, just not to the Christian. They apply to you, if you deny them then you will face the coming judgement. The laws do apply to those not in Christ. Its true, its true.

You think Jesus was a good role model?

- Christ tells us that we must "hate" our entire family, and even our own life, if we want to be one of his disciples (Luke.14:26)
- Those who abandon their families will be rewarded (Matt.19:29)
- "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother... and a man's foes shall be they of his own household." (Christ - Matt.10:35-6)
- "I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Christ - Matt.10:34)
- Refused to help a girl because she was a "dog" gentile (Matt.15:22-8)

Jesus teaches that we will be hated for His sake
www.tektonics.org...

As for the girl who was a dog, she was a gentile, gentiles were called dogs. What you in your ignorance miss is what Jesus did for the dog. Tell me smarty pants what was the outcome of the "dogs" meeting with Christ. If you apply an ounce of intelligence what did that show the Jews who thought all gentiles were dogs

Read this www.abovetopsecret.com...
You just cut and paste crap and embarrass yourself
You cant recognise the difference between Jew and Gentile.

Come on thats so lame

edit on 3-10-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join