It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then Christians???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I know the title may be a bit broad and I am not here to generalize; I know and understand that not ALL Christians fall into this category, so please keep this statement in mind before you post a stupid, biased reply.

It's been a few months since Chick-Fila's ignorant comments about them supporting marriage between a man and a woman, but I want to rant a bit about the resulting activity which followed those comments. The craziest example I can give is that for the next few days I actually saw some friends of mine post pictures of themselves and their families standing in line at Chick-Fila, I guess so that they can brag about being holier then everyone else and supporting the idiots who own the chain. Now, these posters call themselves Christians. They attend mass every week and they pay their tidings. What I'm getting sick and tired of is this ridiculous hypocrisy that all these bible thumping oxygen thieves seem to ignore. WHY IN THE NAME OF JESUS do these people think its Ok to pick up rocks? Where in the bible did Jesus say " Hey, if you don't agree with what people are doing, ignore the fact that you all sin and go ahead and throw all the rocks you can. When you run out of rocks, go ahead and throw your shoes". Um ya.......... its just a sick, sick, sick joke and it also shows how diluted people's perception of intelligence has gotten. I'm to the point now that I feel disrespected and insulted by these type of people because they continue to preach all the time and ignore the fact that they are all hypocrites.

I'm not saying if you are a Christian you have to agree with same sex marriage, because that's ridiculous and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What I am saying is that when is enough enough? How can people who are so FAKE just live in their own little candy coated world for so long and people just idly allow it by taking them seriously? In my opinion, there really is no bigger JOKE on this planet that the Catholic church and other Christians who continue to live a life of illusion that they are any better then the worst of the worst SCUM who roam this earth.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Your post is full of insults, and I am not Christian, but I imagine this isn't the best way to start a conversation.
There is nothing hypocritical about some people not liking gay marriage and being Christian. A lot of Christians take parts of the Bible to say that being gay is against the Christian teachings. I disagree because of things Jesus said...

In any case it is how they feel, and they do call themselves Christians, so it is not hypocritical.

A private Company can do whatever they wish. I support them for speaking to there thoughts and acting on them, which is the opposite of hypocricy.

They're wrong in my view, I support gay marriage, but what do you want??
Are you gay?

Don't eat there. Haha.

Oh and to answer your thread title it's Politicians. Politicians are the most hypocritical human beings on this planet.
edit on 10/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ah, there's nothing like good old main stream liberal bigotry!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
... I know and understand that not ALL Christians fall into this category, so please keep this statement in mind before you post a stupid, biased reply.
... In my opinion, there really is no bigger JOKE on this planet that the Catholic church and other Christians who continue to live a life of illusion that they are any better then the worst of the worst SCUM who roam this earth.

This is not a commentary on your thread as I just don't have the patience today to deal with you on that suject and enough replies already state my opinion.

This is just a reply to your very offensive introduction which I will try very hard to not be offended by since your oh so leveled "opinion", call it your blanket statement, paint's all of us with the same brush. The christian community, in this sense, is a very large paint by number.If you are discussing a very specific portion of this large tableau you should find a smaller paintbrush and paint within the lines .
edit on 2-10-2012 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If the title of your thread is the question, then frankly I don't know!!

I follow Jesus by the way....

Most just want to associate with Jesus so they can have the best in this life and in the afterlife....

They're just using Jesus as an insurance policy in the afterlife. Not someone to be followed.

Jesus told, sell your possessions and give to the poor. They say, no that's not for everyone, it's only for the few.

Jesus told hate your life. They say, no that's not literal, it's a relative thing.

Jesus told hate family. They say, I can't leave my family to preach the Gospel or bring them with me in Pakistan.

Jesus told to be hated by this world. They say we still have to be in this world, we have to be nice in order to do business it's a fact (for someone who has absolutely no faith in God!!)

You know who I am speaking about. I don't know any worse hypocrisy than that.

They are only in it for salvation but deep inside they are probably worse than the unbelievers they scorn!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Technically it was the owner Chuck Cathy who made the comment outside of Chick-Fil-A, remember that. And since when are business owners as private citizens not allowed to have an opinion? Would you agree that if he made that statement as his opinion, it is his freedom of speech to do so?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm not a Christian and even I was put off by the thread ...

Hypocrisy is a human condition and we're all guilty of it to some extent... no religion or non-religion is excluded from it.

These religion attack threads seem like trolling to me.. they only serve to spark argument and anger, and this is coming from an atheist.

"Can't we all just get along?" =)
.. seriously, I don't see the point.. unless we can learn work live and work together in this planet, wars will never end and violence will never stop.. We will not advance as a species when we keep holding each other down and casting aspersions... pointing fingers at one another is entirely counter productive to the human race.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
No I am not gay, and that is neither here no there anyway. People who are getting offended there is no reason to feel that way unless you are the people I speak of. The point I was trying to make is that I don't understand now people can say one thing, believe something, but then continue to live their lives completely the opposite way.

I'm offended by the lack of respect that people who insist on JUDGING others display with their actions, then go on and pretend to live their lives the way Jesus preached. Why do people feel the need to judge? Why do people feel they have the right to judge? Does it make sense for Christians to judge others constantly just because they don't share their opinions or live their lives a certain way just because a business institution (religion) says to do so?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I know the title may be a bit broad and I am not here to generalize; I know and understand that not ALL Christians fall into this category, so please keep this statement in mind before you post a stupid, biased reply.

A bit presumptuous to create a stupid, biased thread and then attempt to proactively prohibit stupid, biased replies, yes? See, you can't regurgitate a bunch of insulting swill like that, denigrating an entire group, and then put up some sort of self-imposed rule about how you're not generalizing yaddayaddayadda. Yes, you are generalizing and in a most insulting and patronizing way. You can't act like a jerk, then decide you'll change the definition of "jerk" and expect everyone to accept your premise. It doesn't work that way.

In my opinion, there really is no bigger JOKE on this planet that the Catholic church and other Christians who continue to live a life of illusion that they are any better then the worst of the worst SCUM who roam this earth.

Nice. And a good day to you, as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm offended by the lack of respect that people who insist on JUDGING others

I know I'm quoting not entirely in context but can you see the irony of that sentence in contrast to the thread subject?

Isn't your thread title in effect judging an entire group? .. you did say in the body of your post that you don't mean all Christians, but you also basically left out any other group that might also be guilty of this.. certainly other religious factions are quite guilty of it as well .. the more extreme sects at least.. there are also plenty of non-religious hypocrites out there.. ahem.

I just don't see how verbally ( or textually ) attacking a group can do any good?
edit on 10/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

There is nothing hypocritical about some people not liking gay marriage and being Christian.

edit on 10/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

No, but what is hypocritical is Christians going out and demonstrating their hate. Again, someone please show me where in the bible Jesus said it's Ok to judge and display hate publicly.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

No, but what is hypocritical is Christians going out and demonstrating their hate. Again, someone please show me where in the bible Jesus said it's Ok to judge and display hate publicly.

You make it sound like only Christians do that? .. what is your grudge against that particular religion? shouldn't you be infuriated by hypocrisy in general? .. isn't it hypocritical not to be?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I know I'm quoting not entirely in context but can you see the irony of that sentence in contrast to the thread subject?

Isn't your thread title in effect judging an entire group? .. you did say in the body of your post that you don't mean all Christians, but you also basically left out any other group that might also be guilty of this.. certainly other religious factions are quite guilty of it as well .. the more extreme sects at least.. there are also plenty of non-religious hypocrites out there.. ahem.

I just don't see how verbally ( or textually ) attacking a group can do any good?

I see the thread can come across as judging, but that was not the point nor the goal of the post. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why it is perceived as "OK" to be a Christian who is trying to live their lives the way Jesus taught Christians to do, yet to do the compete opposite by judging others and then pretending its Ok.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You make it sound like only Christians do that? .. what is your grudge against that particular religion? shouldn't you be infuriated by hypocrisy in general? .. isn't it hypocritical not to be?

No, Christians are definitely NOT the only group of people who display hate, but this thread was about Christians, mainly because majority of this country is Christian. Every religion has extremists of their own of course.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I see the thread can come across as judging, but that was not the point nor the goal of the post. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why it is perceived as "OK" to be a Christian who is trying to live their lives the way Jesus taught Christians to do, yet to do the compete opposite by judging others and then pretending its Ok.

Well honestly I think anyone who demonstrates hate and judgement on others obviously feels it's ok to do so .. they don't feel guilty doing it .. If someone believes something strongly enough and you stand opposed to it you will come to friction.. yes Christians are the majority in the country but not so much the world and this problem is a global one..

I don't care judgmental or rude people in general, and I tend to dislike anyone who forces their beliefs on me or anyone .. but I've seen that even on my side of the fence where Atheists try desperately to convince a religious person that they are foolish.. I don't bother with that.. personal beliefs are your own.

The only issue I had with this thread is the singling out of an individual group =)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

uhhhm, yeah, your post about hypocrisy because someone supported a free exchange of ideas shows you are the biggest hypocrite so far by the reaction and ludicrous examples you used attemting to demonize others.
hypocrite, thy name is "imightknow"

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I wouldn't say bigger, but just as big.

They're called liberals and conservatives.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Newsflash.. everyone on Earth is hypocritical on some matter.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Most religious people are hypocrites to some extent. If a Christian person doesn't agree with anything on this list, then they are in fact a hypocrite, and aren't properly following god's word.

The bible says the following people should be killed:

- Homosexuals (Lev.20:13, Rom.1:26-32)
- Adulterers (Lev.20:10, Deul.22:22)
- Disobedient children (Deut.21:20-21)
- Women who are not virgins on their wedding night (Deut.22:13-21)
- Those accused of wickedness by at least two people (Deut.17:2-7)
- Anyone who works on the Sabbath (Exod.35:2-3, Num.15:32-6)
(Not even to kindle a fire. And there is no exception for life saving jobs like paramedics, firemen, or doctors.)

What does the bible tell us about women?

- It is 'shameful' for women to speak in church (1Cor.14:34-5)
- A man must OK his wife's words if they are to have force (Num.30:8)
- Lot saves the messengers from the men of Sodom by offring up his virgin daughters to "Do to them as you please." (Gen.19:8)
- "Kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Moses - Num.31:17-8)

What does the bible say about slavery?

- God supports slavery (Lev.25:44-6, Exod.21:2-8, Eph.6:5, Col.3:22)
- Instructions on how to sell your daughter as a slave (Exod.21:7-8)
- Guidance on when to give your slaves 'severe' or 'light' beatings (Luke.12:42-8)
- It is acceptable to beat slaves only if they don't die within two days (Exod.21:20-1)
- How to mark your slave: Drive an awl through its ear (Deut.15:17)

What does the bible say about marriage?

- It's best if all people remain unmarried. Marriage is a lesser-of-two evils compromise for Christians too weak to resist their sexual urges, "For it is better to marry than to burn." (Paul - 1Cor.7:1-2, 8-9, 25-6, 38)
- The rapist of an unwed woman must buy her and make her his wife (Deut.22:28-9)
(Apparently this is a FAR more "holy" union than a genuine, loving same-sex relationship...)

What does the bible say about justice?

- If a man suspects his wife of cheating he can serve her a cursed drink; if she becomes deformed, then that proves her guilt (Num.5:12-31)
- 42 children killed by bears for making fun of a prophet's baldness (2King.2:23-4)
- It is okay to beat your children with a rod - it won't kill them (Prov.23:13-4)
- God commits, orders, or endorses every form of atrocity known to man (Pretty much pick a page of the Old Testament at random and you'll find one.)

Do the Old Testament laws still apply?

- Every "jot" and "tittle" (Christ - Matt.5:17-9)

You think Jesus was a good role model?

- Christ tells us that we must "hate" our entire family, and even our own life, if we want to be one of his disciples (Luke.14:26)
- Those who abandon their families will be rewarded (Matt.19:29)
- "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother... and a man's foes shall be they of his own household." (Christ - Matt.10:35-6)
- "I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Christ - Matt.10:34)
- Refused to help a girl because she was a "dog" gentile (Matt.15:22-8)

Of course there are several good passages in the bible, the ones that are carefully selected by your minister or priest for Sunday readings. Do you honestly think they would read these ones out in church? lol. Put it this way, if you find a cupcake resting on top of a big pile of sh*t, do you eat it?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'm just trying to wrap my head around why it is perceived as "OK" to be a Christian who is trying to live their lives the way Jesus taught Christians to do, yet to do the compete opposite by judging others and then pretending its Ok.
It's not Ok. All people, including Christians, are sinful. The wise ones look for their salvation, but they still screw up.

It's an old saying: The Church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints. So, yeah, thanks for the reminder that Christians have to watch out for being judgmental, but may I suggest you also see if there is anything inside you that needs to be worked on?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join