It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son wants to be a cop...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

The movie Code Of Silence explains it.

Essentially there's a code among cops that cops don't rat other cops out, no matter what they do.

I don't know how true this is mind you, but I have heard it from a cop.

If a cop rats out another cop for any reason, they become a pariah and ostracized any way they can.

If it's true, it's a practice I don't agree with. Cops are not above the law, and should rat on cops who break it, and not protect them.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I would think that if they had nothing to hide they would be supportive. Well...that's my mind set, I can't speak for anybody else. The good should band together and weed out the bad. It seems pretty simple to me. If I had a partner who my life depended on, I would want the ethical, rational one, not the one with the itchy trigger finger.
edit on 2-10-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Where would I find "code of silence?" Maybe I should watch it with him. See how he feels after watching it.I don't want him to get into something he's gonna hate. It sucks to have to go to a job you hate everyday.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Of all the emergency services, a fireman will have the greatest respect. Can't you steer him a little?

Paint things red, take him to the local station, make friends with a fireman, use ladders more often, let him water the garden, put things in trees so he can rescue them, show him the 'fireman's lift', teach him the phoenetic alphabet, light small fires, anything.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

HAHA! I tried that. My niece's husband is a firefighter but he doesn't seem interested....at all. He agreed to go to college for 2 years before being a cop so i'm hoping he changes his mind in the next 2 1/2 years.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

The movie Code Of Silence explains it.

Essentially there's a code among cops that cops don't rat other cops out, no matter what they do.

I don't know how true this is mind you, but I have heard it from a cop.

If a cop rats out another cop for any reason, they become a pariah and ostracized any way they can.

If it's true, it's a practice I don't agree with. Cops are not above the law, and should rat on cops who break it, and not protect them.

And yet you expect law abiding citizens to trust cops. Your statement of who dislikes the police was absurd. Law abiding citizens don't like the police.

CJ

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

And you are calling people criminals that don't like the cops after saying that?

Like I said, you're either a cop or related to one. No one in their right mind likes or trusts the police.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You can probably find it on Amazon.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

No one in their right mind says all cops are bullies and criminals.

Stop bashing me because I have a different opinion than you on the police.

And for the record, I don't trust the police, but unlike you I treat them on an individual and an evenhanded basis and I don't generalize about them like you are when you say all police are criminal scum.

There are many good cops out there, I'm sorry you can't see that.

One of them might save your life some day.

AND YOU'RE STILL LYING ABOUT ME!

edit on 2-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Truth is the truth. The truth is the hardest thing for people to swallow. Most people who don't like cops are criminals, period.

Prove to me that isn't true. You can't. You can argue until your face turns blue, but that is the truth.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Truth is the truth. The truth is the hardest thing for people to swallow. Most people who don't like cops are criminals, period.

Prove to me that isn't true. You can't. You can argue until your face turns blue, but that is the truth.

What? Apparently you are arguing until your face is blue - your statement is an absurd generalization that has absolutley no merit whatsoever other than, "that's what I say". You said it - you "prove" it. Good luck with that.

CJ

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You see, that is the lie. I AM NOT GENERALIZING.

You are.

Saying the word most people is not a generalization. Saying it's true about each and every single person is generalizing.

Stop lieing and stop twisting my words.

Edit:

And you know what? This is just a huge strawman argument anyway, because I never called law-abiding people criminals. You are the ones who are claiming that just to try to knock me down all because I have a different opinion than you and don't call all cops criminals and bullies.

You failed.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You see, that is the lie. I AM NOT GENERALIZING.

You are.

Saying the word most people is not a generalization. Saying it's true about each and every single person is generalizing.

Stop lieing and stop twisting my words.

Ah, what? Who is twisting your words? You said "most people" who dont like the police are criminals. You even quoted yourself. You made a generalization - ie; most people from the south are rednecks - most people that read books are nerds - most people who listen to rap are gangsters etc etc. I'm sorry that you don't understand that. Regardless, you said it - so how much exactly is "most people"? 51%? 70%? Care to show your sources on such an absurd claim?

CJ

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

No matter how you try to make a strawman argument to twist my words, saying most people is not the generalization you want it to be. You're still just making a strawman to harass me because I have a different opinion than you. You can claim otherwise but i see right through your farce.

Stop harassing me.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

No matter how you try to make a strawman argument to twist my words, saying most people is not the generalization you want it to be. You're still just making a strawman to harass me because I have a different opinion than you. You can claim otherwise but i see right through your farce.

Stop harassing me.

Harrasing you? lol. Report away green lantern. Now about those statistics showing "most people" who don't like the cops are criminals - care to share or is this just one we are going to have to believe because you said so? I thought so. Carry on in make believe world.

CJ

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!

This forum is supposed to be chatty. As in pleasant. As in nice.

Try harder please. If you don't have something constructive to add, don't reply.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCass

maybe its because they go thru indoctrination instead of training.

you're not taught to identify the bad guys. you're taught everyone is the bad guy. it's easier that way, instead of learning a new skill and actual policing.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Sounds like you've done a great job as a parent, both of them wanting to help others.
Very good....

I have all the respect in the world for cops/military and can't stand when people lump all "bad" cops/military into one group.

And yet, as SassyCass stated about her little brother, it will change him.
It takes their innocence away, the stuff they see and have to deal with.

It will make him grow up quicker, sadly....

Will he be in a small town or a large city? That makes a difference too.....

Best wishes.....
edit on 3-10-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join