POLITICS: 65: 2012 Presidential Debate 1 Special !!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Romney DID look a little riled up at times, I think because he couldn't believe Obama was lying down. Then he calmed down a bit.

I am honestly flabbergasted not so much by Romney's performance, but rather Obama's lack thereof.

Everything went downhill for him when he brought up his anniversary.

EDIT: Oh yeah... that was his opening comment
edit on 3-10-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Interesting debate. The President looked wobbly out of the gate but had definitely gotten up to speed by the time the debate ended. Romney showed amazingly well, I thought, especially in the early going. I think this debate has helped him immensely. But . . . no knockout or even knockdown on either side, although each candidate rocked the other occasionally.

I learned something tonight that I didn't know about America. America is like India.

It has a sacred cow. The military.

It's not polite in America to suggest that the military is not sacred, even if one does not, as I suspect the President does not, think so.

I like to be polite. Let's see, take shoes off at door in Japan, don't order hamburger in India and don't mention the military budget without a broad smile on your face in America. I think I've got it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

It has a sacred cow. The military.

Tonight was domestic policy.

Military should come up during a debate that involves international.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I like to be polite. Let's see, take shoes off at door in Japan, don't order hamburger in India and don't mention the military budget without a broad smile on your face in America. I think I've got it.

The budget is fair game. The issue is that people think a strong military also means a overburdening budget...and it doesn't. Military is rife with waste, mothball projects that serve no purpose, etc...a full makeover is needed that would both reduce costs dramatically. High tech, high order, special training in replace of just vast nothingness.

I think the military in general however is highly respected by every nation, and should be. Even in the field, fighting the enemy military has a element of respect towards the other side whom would lay down their life for what they believe is in their nations interest. After all, it they that will be protecting us from the upcoming zombie apocalypse

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Point taken. Thanks.

I'm wondering though if it will make a difference, really. But you are right. Romney managed to sneak it in at the end and Obama alluded to it in noting Romney's intention to increase military spending by two trillion a couple of times. Maybe that will set the stage for the defense debate.

I think Obama must realize that Romney is going to be serious trouble for him in this campaign. He will have to be sharper at making his points because Romney has his spiel down cold.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I'm guessing that you are largely right in what you say, but when Romney says that he will not cut military spending because he is committed to America's having the number one military in the world, many Americans don't realize that those two factors are not an "either or" proposition.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Ahh how little you know

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My girlfriend watching CNN said Obama talked 42:50 minutes and Romney 38:32.

I did not find it amusing when the Moderator told Obama his time was up and he made some comment about having more time because the moderator interrupted him and had a "you can't stop me - aren't I so cute smile?". Total bull#.

I was watching ABC News online stream and they pulled the plug shortly after Romney began his summation.

Watching the twitters it look like Romney got the more favourable responses. My thought was that Obama's record hurt him more than anything thing he said could have helped him.

Pity the people who have to listen to the MSM for analysis.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think Obama will learn from this, as stated even by msnbc, he should of come out swinging and he didn't.
I doubt he will do that again.

He didn't jump on the 47% etc.

I know he wants to be Mr. nice guy, but he can't do that or he'll be on the outside looking in.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Pity the people who have to listen to the MSM for analysis

From what I've seen so far, MSM is saying no knock-out's, but Romney won on points.

(I just lifted that from the ATS stream, but I heard the same on MSM)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am watching the daily show. I don't need the msm to tell me what I just heard. Romney won, but not a slam dunk. Ultimately its the eyes to romney verses the chicken scratching he was doing most of the time was needed. Obama seemed a bit inconvenienced or bored.

Now....

My lingering thoughts are as followed:
Obama isn't this weak, which makes me wonder if this was on purpose. Obama is trying to get back the house.
This will encourage many people in house up for re-election to suddenly go from rejecting Romney to outwardly supporting him do to his better than expected preformance.

Then, consider this. We suddenly see the Obama in the next debate we know he is...blasting Romney's positions, strong and cool, etc...suddenly not only is Romney back in the pits, but all the people whom turned again and aligned themselves with Romney will be blasted also in the down ticket...

Just a strategic consideration I am having...call it a prediction. This is either as it was on the surface, a victory for Romney, or a very clever strategy by the Obama camp.

We shall see how it unfolds.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Obama isn't this weak, which makes me wonder if this was on purpose

So, he threw the competition?

I hope it turns out that he did. He'll get thrown off the island.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Calculated appearance? we shall see....

Thanks to everyone who tuned in, and a BIG thanks to those who called in..

This current election is very frustrating for me, and the easy route is to just tune out... I can't do that...

Stay tuned.. stay engaged... don't let the machine wear you down...

If there is an answer to the mess we are dealing with in DC.... it is with US.. the voters...

Not the folks with the deep pockets, who decide who is worthy of being on the dais in a debate...

All candidates should be heard IMO..

think about that..

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The rope a dope tactic of letting tomorrow's water cooler discussion be how how Romney beat Obama to get more to tune into the second debate where he can put on a better show...could be.

I do expect Obama to have some serious coaching sessions from now until the next one. Especially on body language.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I believe it was all strategy from Obama's campaign.

You keep hearing all the talking heads saying that Obama wouldn't even look at Romney or talk to him, he looked in the camera. And this is exactly what Obama's campaign said he was going to do. He went to this "debate" to talk to the voters, not to debate Romney. He will do that later.

Obama has put the spot light on Romney and his policies. Romney revealed a few more details about his policies in the debate, and they all harm the middle class. I think that was the point of tonight, get Romney to admit himself that his policies harm the middle class. That and get Romney to contradict his own campaign message and contradict himself multiple times during the debate.

Yes, Obama did look uninterested, because I think he was. He knew he wasn't going there to debate Romney tonight. He was going there to let Romney talk and reveal himself.

At least that is my take on it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Cue me to the part where the President talked to the people?

I agree, that this episode may be a strategic move, but I didn't catch any message...

help me..

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
CNN poll of registered voters who watched the debate:
Romney 67%, Obama 25%

In whose world is this NOT a slam dunk win for Romney? Virtually all of the pundits on CNN, MSNBC etc. said Romney blew Obama away tonight.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I am watching the daily show. I don't need the msm to tell me what I just heard.

And you think the daily show isnt part of the MSM? what part of it are you willing to admit to and what part are you not?

If you think one area of what you watch isnt part of the main stream.........even AFTER its become mainstream (like stewart) then you are delusional or mistaken......

Being that I believe you are a very intelligent individual, I think you have mistaken.......

John Stewart is just as much apart of the MSM as Fox or NBC or any of the others......

dont trust on any of them to give you the truth.........FIND IT FOR YOURSELF!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Echoing a post I made in another thread.... could Mitt have let himself have a bad spell right before this debate as a means of lulling Obama in? The old "drunken sailor" bar fighting tactic of acting like you're all sheets to the wind when you smell trouble starting - so that you can go from "stumbling drunk" to "knockout punch" in an instant ( usually with a first wrapped in ones belt )???

Politically speaking I have my opinions and they are often unpopular. But as a bar fighter? Well that's my wheelhouse and I know from what I speak. I don't keep up with the deeper details of politics lately... But if Romney had made a recent change in his campaign staff - say 10 to 14 days ago? He may have found a genius tactician. If not? Then someone in his camp suddenly seems to have awakened.

Obamas reactions, IMO, indicated that he was totally unprepared for the punches thrown.

Another speculation to consider.... maybe this was a Montreal screwjob on a political level. I know that someone will come along and say I'm trying to excuse Obamas' behavior. That is not the case. I am trying to understand it. Obama may or may not be a good POTUS or politician or even person. But he is bright and he normally has incredible speaking skills.

It's all very odd.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

When he has the advantage of a teleprompter and a rapt audience that is true. Tonight he had neither, and it was a serious problem for Obama. Combine that with his being rusty with debate practice, and an obvious under-estimation of the veracity of his competitor... Suffice it to say that tonight was a disaster for the President.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join