Drone Carnage, Children Slaughtered: The Moral Question Obama Can’t Evade

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is a news article regarding Drone attack and its psychological and physical effects on civilian population . This article is published by globalresearch.ca . The author says it is immoral to terrorize women and children with these drone attacks .

The extent of his adventurism’s viciousness can easily be visualised from the destructive range of the Hellfire missile fired by drones. It not only destroys the struck target. It annihilates the compounds and assets in close vicinity and kills the human beings in and around them. Doesn’t Obama’s conscience gets pricked when the Hellfire missile takes in its killer sweep a child playing with toys in his home or a mother feeding her baby in her compound? What sin have they committed to meet such a tragic demise? Or do he and his war commanders think that the child, the mother and the baby should perish as they are not Americans and their lives are not even worth a dime? Here there is certainly a moral question that is becoming increasingly compelling with each passing day and the American warlords can no longer evade answering it. So prompt they have always been in raising the issue of extrajudicial killings elsewhere in the world. And that promptness they have now to show in their own case. Of course, one could have no sympathy or compassion for those who kill and maim the fellow human beings in suicide bombings and terrorist blasts. But the murder of those having nothing to do with terrorism in the US drone attacks cannot be acceptable either and on no pretext could it be condoned or justified.

Source : www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Tue Oct 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The entire article is just a knee-jerk hit piece meant to bash obama, and is an over reaction.

Drones have never been used to specifically target civilian populations. They have been used to target terrorists within a civilian population who are using the civilians as shields.

Basically it's just a piece of junk.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Obama has started more wars than Bush did, yet its hidden under the Main stream mafia, not only that but Obama hasn't convicted ONE banker...

And according to some liberals the banks start the war...

so there ya go... I like the article and plan on sharing it with my independent friends to sway them to Romney

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
The entire article is just a knee-jerk hit piece meant to bash obama, and is an over reaction.

Drones have never been used to specifically target civilian populations. They have been used to target terrorists within a civilian population who are using the civilians as shields.

Allways? All innocent civilian life lost in drone attacks are a direct result of terrorists hiding behind human shields?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Lets not twist this to Obama or Romney issue . The main issue is : Is Drone killing the civilians or not .If yes then something must be done to prevent such incidents in the future

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by synapsis

Yes...Drones are terrifying.

Yes...Estimates range from 0-1000 innocent civilians that have been killed. The high end of 1000 is by orgs with an Anti-American agenda. So the truth most likely being somewhere between the two numbers.

That said, it is a dramtically less terrifying policy than bombing followed by invasion and oocupation. Estimates for civilian casualties from the two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Afghanistan, Iraq Wars Killed 132,000 Civilians, Report Says
www.wired.com...

What is the real death toll in Iraq?
www.guardian.co.uk...

Otherwise...The Obama Docterine for combatting terrorism results in betwen 0-1% of the civilain casualties that his predecessor's policy was responsible for.

Of course we could simply disarm and become pacifists and simply endure attacks on the USA and it's people? But wouldn't that result in a large number of "civilian" deaths?

Nobody wants to see civilains die...not the Obama Administration, not our soldiers, not the CIA...no one.

The choices involve deciding a course of action that results in the least civilain deaths, since we don't have the technology to ensure 0% civilain deaths all the time.

If we simply cease all combat of terrorism, more civilians will die.

0-1000? vs. 100,000-150,000? ....I support the Obama Docterine, but of course hope for a day when a policy to combat terrorism isn't required.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

No i'm just pointing out your post is a downright lie and propaganda.. There are a half dozen other threads on this site that prove your numbers wrong

but thanks for stooping down to name calling, first rule in the book

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Indigo5

No i'm just pointing out your post is a downright lie and propaganda.. There are a half dozen other threads on this site that prove your numbers wrong

but thanks for stooping down to name calling, first rule in the book

False on both fronts....An ATS OP does not count as truth...if you think so, I don't know how to help you...Those are the stats reported by govs and human rights orgs. Both ends of the spectrum.

I didn't call you names...I pointed out the stupidity of your pointless baiting post that was vacant of substance.

You are the one who called the President the "Messiah"...assumed that somehow I was against Bush era drone strikes, called me a Kool-aid drinker..."liar" "Propagandist" ....insults and baiting...no substance.

You could be a world of things...didn't call you names or make assumptions...just pointed out the stupidity of your post.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Obama annouced the war on terror over... Which means the patriot act, the NDAA and TSA should all go away right???

Why haven't they?? The liberals and their power grab to stay in power you "agree with the Obama doctrine" I consider this a breach of the 4th amendment if I ever saw one.. Military or Military hardware is still Military in my mind.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The Democrat base just needs to be enlightened with the ugly truth so America can get on with life. Democrat Presidents were in charge in every war America ever fought until the Vietnam war. Their base after that was Hollywood/media/hippies with fairytale ideals that do not reflect the reality of the world we live in. The shame of doing nothing when the genocide of a people are taking place outweighs the pain of doing something about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Are You Americans proud of Your drone technology?
Who gave You the right to bomb Pakistan?
www.dailymail.co.uk...
You Americans are been used as a WAR machine.
You Americans are breeding so called terrorists by Your terrorist war ajenda.
Are any of You Americans proud of slaughtering children???
I suppose it's easy sat behind a screen , and deploying such vile inhuman terror on children?
Wake up.
gravitor

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Obama annouced the war on terror over...

Is honesty a challenge for you?

They abandoned the term "War on Terror"...cuz it as useful a term as "The war on drugs"

You don't shoot at a Bong...And you don't go to war with "Terror"...you target "Terrorists"..Just ask Osama Bin Laden.

Being specific is a good thing...Killing OBL vs. Invading Iraq..

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

Obama annouced the war on terror over...

Is honesty a challenge for you?

They abandoned the term "War on Terror"...cuz it as useful a term as "The war on drugs"

You don't shoot at a Bong...And you don't go to war with "Terror"...you target "Terrorists"..Just ask Osama Bin Laden.

What is a "TERRORIST"???
How does one "TARGET"such?

Being specific is a good thing...Killing OBL vs. Invading Iraq..

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

What do you care? You kill a lot more of your people than America does.

www.humanrights.asia...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor
Are You Americans proud of Your drone technology?

I prefer it to invading countries to find a few terrorists.

Who gave You the right to bomb Pakistan?

The Pakistani government. It was confirmed via cable leaks released by Wikileaks. The gov of Pakistan doesn't want Al-Qaeda either.

You Americans are been used as a WAR machine.
You Americans are breeding so called terrorists by Your terrorist war ajenda.
Are any of You Americans proud of slaughtering children???
I suppose it's easy sat behind a screen , and deploying such vile inhuman terror on children?
Wake up.
gravitor

Spelling aside? Is English a second language - cool that you are multi-lingual. "You Americans"...where are you from?..just curious.

Our government does not target innocent people...no doubt that innocents have gotten caught in the strikes though and that is horrific. The folks that we hunt DO specifically target innocents though, children included......As many as they can...that is the goal of terrorism...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by gravitor

What do you care? You kill a lot more of your people than America does.

www.humanrights.asia...

I care deeply about every child, don't You?
I am sat in the middle of England, do We kill our own people??
gravitor

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Allways? All innocent civilian life lost in drone attacks are a direct result of terrorists hiding behind human shields?

Well, yes. Unlike conventional troops, terrorists live and operate among the civilian population. They rarely march out onto the battlefield to face their opposition face to face, but skulk in the shadows and fight from houses, schools, mosques, and so forth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join