It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My head is so empty lately,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My head is so empty lately, its drawing a strange vaccum of silence and that im not thinking any thoughts. I feel incredibly good and carefree and complacent about everything. Is it possible i am on the verge of ascending or is this natural effect of reading too many threads in the Phiosophy and Metaphysics section of Ats?

There has certainly been many twisty and turny threads, especially themes surrounding death!....why are the new agers obssessed with material reality and death? I thought that that domain was for the satanists. . Sometimes they appear to be looking like the one and the same person from the things they say. So how do they differ, behind their public view are they both in bed togther?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Read a book while you still can.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Me too, but that's because I've been going to bed at 4am.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If you were truly empty, the thought of your entire post would not exist. But be assured emptiness is a beautiful state of mind. When you are creating the above post, it is created thoughts. Not emptiness, the very post should flow in context. Dwell into it, do not speak, do not think about it, be your emptiness.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I'm trying to figure out what your OP means, AthlonSavage. Your head is empty; you wonder if that means you're "ascending"; are "new agers" actually satanists, because "new agers" are "obsessed" with the material world and death.

If by "new agers", you mean those people talking about "higher vibrations" all the time, then it's probably best to question them about these "vibrations". It doesn't make sense to me.

If by "satanists", you mean people who believe in mean angels, then your head is much more filled than my own, since I don't fantasize about happy angels and mean angels.

I don't really get what you're saying, except for the part where you imply that you got these ideas from the Philosophy section here at ATS. This section is filled with religious propaganda.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I hear you OP, because recently this silence seems to be feeling more and more real to me.
Sometimes all the commotion in my head reveals itself as just an illusion pinned on top of silence.
I dunno, it's quite hard to explain.

Here's an excerpt from a page I was reading today (for those who are interested):

The whole brain, the mind, the feelings, the body, everything is quiet. Can this quietness, stillness, look at itself, not as an observer who is still? Can the totality of this silence watch its... own totality? The silence becomes aware of itself - in this there is no division between an observer and an observed. That is the main point. The silence does not use itself to discover something beyond itself.

edit on 2-10-2012 by adrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

There has certainly been many twisty and turny threads, especially themes surrounding death!....why are the new agers obssessed with material reality and death? I thought that that domain was for the satanists. . Sometimes they appear to be looking like the one and the same person from the things they say. So how do they differ, behind their public view are they both in bed togther?

Material reality is for satanists? I guess we're all satanists then. Who is the make-believe world for? Children?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The whole brain, the mind, the feelings, the body, everything is quiet. Can this quietness, stillness, look at itself, not as an observer who is still? Can the totality of this silence watch its... own totality? The silence becomes aware of itself - in this there is no division between an observer and an observed. That is the main point. The silence does not use itself to discover something beyond itself.

I may be showing myself to be a fool but what the hell is that meant to mean ??
Sounds like the blantant navel gazing trying to sound profound but like I say perhaps thats because I'm just a fool.

Op maybe you're minds just had enough metaphysics.Maybe there's a limit to the amount öf 'oneness,enlightenment,accesion' etc that you're mind can take and it's decided some vaccum and empty time is the antedote.

I get periods of mental peace and quiet and it can be bliss after times when no matter how hard i try the thoughts keep coming.Even when i'm not contemplating existance and reality or have any worldly worries the trivial,daft and crazy thoughts replace them.

So enjoy the peace when you can the white noise of daily concerns are never far away.lol

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72

I may be showing myself to be a fool but what the hell is that meant to mean ??
Sounds like the blantant navel gazing trying to sound profound but like I say perhaps thats because I'm just a fool.

Well I don't think you are a fool. I have the same questions you do...... unless we both are fools haha.

My rough interpretation is that thoughts can think about themselves, like when we have a conversation in our head... who are we really talking to? Because the problems, and the resolutions spring from the same place, and it sometimes seems like we tie a knot just for the sake of untying it.

In retrospect, when operating from a place of 'silence', the thoughts come and go, but they never grab on to the part of us that has always been there. Reminds me of a blank slate, or an empty canvas.

Although I'm no expert, I'm just an amateur inquisitor

Originally posted by fastbob72

I get periods of mental peace and quiet and it can be bliss after times when no matter how hard i try the thoughts keep coming.Even when i'm not contemplating existance and reality or have any worldly worries the trivial,daft and crazy thoughts replace them.

Me too... and yet a part of us, completely separate from this, is able to observe this ebb and flow. I find that fascinating.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well I don't think you are a fool. I have the same questions you do...... unless we both are fools haha.

Am glad i'm not the only one.lol

My rough interpretation is that thoughts can think about themselves, like when we have a conversation in our head... who are we really talking to? Because the problems, and the resolutions spring from the same place, and it sometimes seems like we tie a knot just for the sake of untying it.

To be honest thats what I reckoned he was meaning.Perhaps talking about the subconcious still operating in the background or not while the concious mind is still.I think thats what it meant because its could have been written plainer terms,less figuratively.

That was my point that often the style obscures the content which isnt ideal with this kind of subject matter.I know because I am guilty of it too at times.lol.

Ok now i'll get back on topic..,

Me too... and yet a part of us, completely separate from this, is able to observe this ebb and flow. I find that fascinating.

It is fascinating and I wish I understood it better.When that dialogue or conversations going I see it as just talking to myself.It's amazing how you can ask questions and answer them,have a conversation going or let the thoughts just flow yet conciously observe and criticise your own thinking as you do.

Yet I've never put much thought into the why or how of it.Its just me talking myself in my mind nothing remarkable i've always assumed.

Seeing the brain as single organ I rarely consider that my concious,subconcious as anything remotely seperate just seeing the sub as the log/storage compartment of my mind the concious as the processing side.

Actually its astonishing how little I do know about how my mind truly functions.lol

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
My head is so empty lately, its drawing a strange vaccum of silence and that im not thinking any thoughts. I feel incredibly good and carefree and complacent about everything. Is it possible i am on the verge of ascending or is this natural effect of reading too many threads in the Phiosophy and Metaphysics section of Ats?

In my opinion and understanding....

No, you are not about to 'ascend'.

If your were even close to ascending you would know something about it and if you knew something about it you certainly wouldn't be telling anyone about it on an internet forum, or any kind of forum.

I don't mean to sound harsh or negative, these are just my thoughts regarding your question...

Gnobody

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

If your were even close to ascending you would know something about it and if you knew something about it you certainly wouldn't be telling anyone about it on an internet forum, or any kind of forum

Telling people is a celebration. Yes i am ascending i can feel a wave picking me up and moving me. Now im ascended im going to................................

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Telling people is a celebration. Yes i am ascending i can feel a wave picking me up and moving me. Now im ascended im going to................................

Fair enough, enjoy the ride my friend...

Gnobody

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I would agree that this is not much of a thought, but still, it is a thought. So, while your head certainly isn't packed with much, it's clearly not empty.

I do appreciate your attempt to troll for Namaste hitmen, but those rascals are wise to this sort of thing. Take my word for it, you don't need to toss out Namaste-nap for them. What really works to make them swarm is to be a noob who's open to "learning". Christ, it's like tossing chum into a shark tank.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

New Agers are interested in "Love" and "Light", and "Vibration/Energy".

Satanists are interested in "Taking what is wanting", "Lust", "Gaining much materials".

Maybe if the New Ager believes in Law of Attraction to try to get "Things" and only care about their "Vibration of Happiness" and not others, then yea, I would say - it might as well be Satanism.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

New Agers are interested in "Love" and "Light", and "Vibration/Energy".

What % would you say of the new age population follow this path geniunely and not the other paths which lead to satanists values? This questions does make an assumption of course you have had enough exposure to the new age populus to be able to make a judgement on this.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I cannot give you a percentage, but I can tell you that the majority ARE materialistic (Satanic).

Once Law of Attraction was talk, most people only care about "manifesting" a new car, a new house, better looks, etc.

Then with crystals and stuff, they "align" with the energies to manifest whatever "things" they want.

Most do affirmations and try to attract "money" (when the whole monetary system is materialistic garbage)...

Satanists believe in "energy" and being able to "manifest" with "spells" and "magick" whatever they want in the material world, how is this type of thinking any different?

Then, there is a small amount of New Agers that do meditations on "World Peace" and they are more interested in the welfare of humanity. These people unfortunately are Apathetic because they don't want to see the problems of the world because it "Lowers their vibration". So they give a blind eye to all suffering and smile trying to "think" or "vibrate" the negative things away.

If a corrupt person wants to do evil, smiling and thinking happy thoughts will not stop them - action will have to be taken if a talk doesn't work.

So I guess is bad either way...

Not that mainstream religions are any better, they are taught to wait for a "Messiah" (Christ, Matreiyah, etc.) meanwhile just sit back and let people destroy the world since it doesn't matter since we'll all just fly to heaven...

This is why I am more into philosophy rather than calling myself any belief system.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

i have read numerous posts off yours when on Ats and i dont see you are a satanic type. I dont see you as a look the other way new age type either. Your legitimate and i guess thats the toughest path to walk on as its like being stuck between a rock and hard place. So im just having a toast drink in admiration of your strength and fortitude of mind and spirit.

Actually i had a second as well lol...friday off work so all the better!

edit on 4-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Then fill it with Love !
your head will then be filled at maximum capacity

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I do appreciate your attempt to troll for Namaste hitmen, but those rascals are wise to this sort of thing. Take my word for it, you don't need to toss out Namaste-nap for them. What really works to make them swarm is to be a noob who's open to "learning". Christ, it's like tossing chum into a shark tank.

reply to post by NorEaster

Im a Noob! You think they will serve me up as shark bait to some hungry satanist?

new topics

top topics

join