It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Death,

It's the one subject I think we can all agree on, it's like a tattoo, permanent.
A fearful experience we must all go through someday.

Why?

Detach your emotions from these words,

I too have lost loved ones, as a child watching my grandmother travel through a three year coma only to wake as a vegetable for one last brief goodbye.

These things you don't forget when you're a child, the eyes tell it all. She was in there deeply buried by what almost seemed like shock, trauma of that type. An experience that caught her off guard, on the good days you could almost tell she was trying to communicate.

You get the idea,

Forget your science and your religions, this being had seen three years on the other side.
Like a faulty light flickering its last before finally going out.

Cold, I know, but that was the reality I was left with, I blame no one.

I don't fear death, because I know now.

Grandma was a smart lady, she realized what had happen to her, she didn't want to go, I'm sure she put up a fight to come back only to realize in the end there was no choice, it wouldn't be the same. to live like that, trapped in some cruel universal law of a joke, or pull the plug.

Death comes for us all in different forms, one way or another.

Your here now, your purpose is to grow so that when it comes for you, you wont be buried by the shock of your transition into the next realm, whatever that is. if your not ready for the shock, then you spend eternity trying to get back into this realm, instead of realizing what has actually happened, you continue to repeat this circle until you figure it out on a higher level, whatever that is.

Death is something you shouldn't fear, it will happen one day, sure, but until then, enjoy your experience in this realm. Cherish this ride; soak up all you can with the ones you love, wise up fast, don't get caught up in the trivial stuff, because this life, now, is just like Death, a once off experience so don't miss it.

Muzz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yeah, that one came out of nowhere,
feedback always welcome.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Thanks for that one, Muzz.

A couple of years ago, when my Dad fell seriously ill, he told them and my family who were present in the hospital that if it got to the point where he'd have to be put on life support, then he didn't want all that. He asked them to just let him go.

Well about a week later, the time arrived when he was ready to go, so in accordance with his wishes and with family around him, the medical staff didn't intervene and he was allowed to slip away in dignity and peace.

I wasn't able to be there as I live half-way round the world from the rest of my family, but I was glad to know that things were done as he wished.

And truly, he made that decision for us, more than for himself. Dad didn't want to lie there for who knows how long, with family coming in every day and sitting there helplessly. He saw no need for them to suffer, no need to prolong the time to the inevitable.

He had no fear of death. Neither have I; something I learned from my own experiences is that there is nothing to fear anyway.

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hey JustMike,

Your dad was wise.

Fear, yeah, it seems a waste of emotion, a physical thought that just brings down your vibe, hardly worth the effort

Thank you for your time,

Muzz

join