It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Are Exempt From Obamacare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You seem to have conveniently missed what I said here (in the quote below). Yeah, I admit I'm guilty of mixing the term "healthcare" and "health insurance", but considering what I said here, my meaning was obvious, and you are simply being intentionally obtuse:

An Amish person who is being covered under government-paid health insurance may feel that they are breaking their religious laws. Whether they ever use that insurance or not is irrelevant; just being covered by the government's health plan may be the issue.

Some religious sects feel that the very fact that government money (money that comes from taxing other people) is being spent specifically on health insurance on their behalf goes against their religious values. Whether they use that insurance or not doesn't matter, because other people have been taxed to buy that insurance.

I'm not making this stuff up. This is the reality right now, and this reality is due to provisions in the Bill of Rights (provisions preventing government from prohibiting the free exercise of religion). Some Amish sects ARE IN FACT exempt from Obamacare, based on religious freedoms spelled out in the constitution. But to be exempt means a religious sect needs to meet strict criteria, criteria that falls mostly under the IRS tax code, section 1402. Most Muslim sects will NOT meet those criteria.

The fact remains that some religious sects ARE exempt from Obamacare. If you don't think it is the 1st amendment that exempts some Amish and Mennonites from Obamacare, then please explain to me what constitutional provision YOU THINK are they using that exempts them?

edit on 10/8/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

i am not being obtuse, you are obfuscating the obvious

i am also not avoiding your comment because it's ridiculous.
Amish who "may feel that they are breaking their religious laws", will NOT be participating, period.

whether or not ANYONE uses the insurance is irrelevant.
the point of being obligated to buy it and expected to follow all of its demands upon their healthcare is the contention.
[if they do not believe in contraception, they should not be forced to provide or pay for it]

religious sects my buttt ... try the majority of Americans, whether religiously affiliated or not.

Most Muslim sects will NOT meet those criteria.
and those that don't today, will create or join an HCM so they may, that is the point.

since i am neither Amish or Mennonite (obviously, neither are you) why don't you ask THEM, instead of arguing nonsense that really doesn't apply, legally.

there is no law exempting their "feelings", although you seem to think there is.
there is no Constitutional protection from being TAXED, as clarified by the USSC.

IF they are exempt via existing IRS tax code, it will carryover.
IF they are not, they will create an HCM so they can be ... whichever group you care to name.
and that boat is getting bigger every day.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join