It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing April Jones: Search Intensifies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
We saw James Holmes in court...I wonder if we'll see Bridger's courtcase? Too much not making sense here. I agree with so many posts above - they seem to be wasting time with this guy who, let's be honest, may or may not be involved. Hopefully he will tell them something that could help in locating April soon, or she may be found 15years later, all drugged up and used up. I think the alternative may be better, as horrid as it may be. But if it was my 5yr old...doesn't bear thinking of.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
This is what really worries me the most.

The first reports were of a silver vehicle, and then when they arrested this guy they retrieved his BLUE vehicle from a local garage? That just doesn't make sense to me. Kids know the difference between silver and blue! There has been no explanation that I can see of why they suddenly changed the color of the vehicle they were looking for when they arrested him.

It was dark, kids are stupid and the street lights are orange. I am not surprised they didn't know the colour. I think your really reaching to try and paint some sort of conspiracy angle....

I can't understand why this guy would still be in custody, when they seem to have no evidence at all of anything. Why has he not caved if he did do something?

How can you possibly know what evidence they have? The fact charges have been brought means they have evidence. You can't just charge someone on a hunch.

We've seen this happen over and over. Police are under pressure to arrest someone, anyone, and charge them .

See above. You're being overly dramatic and reaching for something here. The CPS won't entertain charges unless there is a realistic chance of conviction, hence they must have evidence of some kind.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
i seem to remember the case oi the murder of joanna where the police and the media crusified the landlord of the apartment that she lived in as the person that they had arrested tor the murder of joanna and later it came about that he was totaly inocent . the media crucified him but later it was found that it was a neigbour that had murdered her
there was no public apology for destroying this man .

he was totally destroyed and had to go into hiding

the point of this is don't accuse someone unless it is absolutly proven that they are guilty

Actually, there was a very public apology by all the media who attacked him and he got a rather tasty cash settlement to boot.

Libel damages for Landlord

The Police have no need to apologise for anything. They arrested, questioned and released the man. It was the media that went on a witch hunt.

Again, trying to inject drama where there is none.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
yea but the truth actually is far from that

do you remeber the last case like this, last month....when they let the guy out on bail, then lost him when they found it was him...

they cant be seen to make this mistake again...

peace

Source?

Or I might as well say "Do you remember that thing, well a thing happened which I can't remember and you know, you're wrong, because of the thing, so there..."

C'mon....

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Ok , charged with murder yet no body or evidence of murder ...... they knew who they were looking for straight away , Bridger , spotted on a Bridge , mother with crocodile tears , looking for suspect with white van - arrest suspect with dark land rover. yeah , i believe every single thing these clowns say .

Either this is a load of hogwash or Bridger is a known nonce who`s details were not revealed to the people in the local area since the police like to put peadophiles next door to you and your children and tell you that you have no right to know wether they are a nonce or not.

Get his " mugshot " picture up and check out those pentagon shaped eyes .

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileSkinShoes

Again, you don't know squat from the rest of us, therefore it is rather daft to assume the "no evidence", especially as he has been charged and, as has now been released, remanded in custody (which means he is either a flight risk or a risk to others).. They must have evidence for the CPS to push like this.

Mark Bridger remanded in Custody over Murder charge

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Not really , i mean , they didnt want to let him go so they asked for permission to keep him longer , THAT time was running out so they`ve charged him , it kind of makes sense when we`re talking about the extremely unreliable police service in britain. This was probably incase he tried to leave the country.

Plus , going on what they`ve said they already knew who they wanted to finger for this , and Sky News (especially Kay Burley) has destroyed any chance of being told information since all they do is interrogate people like they have some kind of authority over the public.
edit on 8-10-2012 by ReptileSkinShoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I personally have little faith in the cops, the organisation is unforunately an excercise in box ticking and ass covering these days- hope they have the right guy though, time will tell

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

questioning a man with power tools? Because he happened to own a vehicle that looked similar to the one mentioned in the story? Do you have any idea how idiotic that sounds? I am all for justice, but you need a bit more proof before threatening to use powertool's on someone

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thank you!

This thread is full of irrational people. Its like we have our own little media circus here.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Er, no. It's not the Police who decide what, if any, charges are brought. It is the CPS, an entirely separate body and they only send cases to court which have a reasonable chance of conviction.

They would never charge someone, then request they be remanded in custody simply to gain more time, otherwise the guys lawyer would have a field day at the Magistrates hearing and have it thrown out.

If the Police wanted more time, they would release him on Police bail and then re-arrest later, far easier and less paperwork, plus they don't have to involve the lawyers at the CPS.

You and others are displaying a lack of knowledge and are making assumptions (and we all know assumptions are the mother of all fudge ups) when it comes to how the law works.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

stumason completely correct, of course they have strong evidence on this guy, you don't get murder charges brought on a high profile case like this, unless they have something, the CPS don't do this lightly, and as to not ruin the case, they keep it in-house till trial day.

Plus with the guy refusing to talk to anyone, so it's vital they keep all evidence under wraps, i also suspect they believe there is a accomplice in this.

Were all find out soon enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Er, no. It's not the Police who decide what, if any, charges are brought. It is the CPS, an entirely separate body and they only send cases to court which have a reasonable chance of conviction.

They would never charge someone, then request they be remanded in custody simply to gain more time, otherwise the guys lawyer would have a field day at the Magistrates hearing and have it thrown out.

If the Police wanted more time, they would release him on Police bail and then re-arrest later, far easier and less paperwork, plus they don't have to involve the lawyers at the CPS.

You and others are displaying a lack of knowledge and are making assumptions (and we all know assumptions are the mother of all fudge ups) when it comes to how the law works.

This is correct concerning Criminal charges in the UK (as opposed to Civil charges). Moreover, the CPS may actually drop, even if they possibly have enough evidence, if they think a conviction does not have a reasonable chance of success.

Therefore, the fact that he has been charged suggests they have not only enough evidence to charge him, but also enough evidence to gain a conviction. This is significant and i admit it is not what i was expecting. If i am honest, i was fully expecting him to be released owing to the seemingly compromised investigation (media intrusion, etc).

I still feel there is something not quite right with this but i have to admit it looks like i was wrong. The parents need closure one way or the other, so if it was him, i truly hope he admits where the body is / what happened to her. I am not hopeful though. At the end of the day, if he is guilty he will gain nothing by showing where a body may be hidden.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I hope to goodness her poor parents don't read half the comments I have been reading on the internet today, it's just dreadful the assumptions some people make simply because they don't know. And that is the issue here, so much is being witheld from the public, and people feel they 'need' answers.

We can all assume until the cows come home, but until the information is released we shall all just have to wait.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

how can you not remember....when they found the girls body IN the house after the 3rd search..last month mate

i`ll get a link.....here...her name was Tia Sharp....her grandmothers boyfriend was let out on bail...then they issued a manhunt.....

news.sky.com...

this is why they charged him....public interest
edit on 8-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Yep, that was main news for a while, how they....and the dogs missed her i'll never know.

CX.

CX

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Anyone heard anything more about the case apart from the suspect appearing in court?

It's just dropped out of the news completely, i'd have thought that now that the searches were scaled back, the locals would be back out there in force, just heard nothing about it at all?

Can any of our Welsh members shed any light?

CX.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

It was only his initial hearing the other day to establish whether he would be remanded, etc, and to read the charges against him. Therefore i would suggest his trial would not be for a few weeks yet as best, more likely a few months.

That is how the judicial process is supposed to work anyway although recently it seems to have developed a life of its own!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Case adjourned to January 11th, 2013 - apparently the judge wants the trial to move "quickly" for the sake of the family.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
I still feel there is something not quite right with this but i have to admit it looks like i was wrong. The parents need closure one way or the other, so if it was him, i truly hope he admits where the body is / what happened to her. I am not hopeful though. At the end of the day, if he is guilty he will gain nothing by showing where a body may be hidden.

I share your feeling that something is not quite right. I live not that many miles from where April was taken, they are said to be still looking and still nothing found, but even here in the local news there isn't anything substantive any more - there are still items intended to keep it in people's minds but nothing that might help anyone to find her. Something that sounded like a lead, to me, was reported by the local paper that a couple in a white/silver van were on the North Pembrokeshire coast, asking children questions earlier on the same day she was abducted. There were a couple of other incidents reported in Carmarthenshire in the same month, describing a similar van. Having said that, I was out on a country lane the other day for about 20 minutes and counted 3 white vans passing. There are a lot of them round here.

I've also been looking into Machynlleth a bit, and a lot of very interesting artistic activities, also "green" activities, go on in and around it. Some quite high-profile people either live there or sometimes attend events there. It occurs to me that maybe she was taken out of Machynlleth all together. There are, for instance, private helicopter pads in at least two places within a short distance of the town centre. The volunteer searchers, early on in October, reported that they found a child's purple and pink (April's favourite colour) drinks bottle on the ground in a very remote spot slightly south of the town, but that they were told not to search the nearby buildings because of dangerous structures, also it was bad weather at the time. I hope and trust that those buildings were subsequently searched, but could she have been there and have been whisked away from there?

An elderly gentleman tragically died in a car accident a few days after April disappeared. He lived almost next-door to her and from what was in the press, he may have been a witness and may have already given information to the police when that happened, though it isn't 100% clear.

I wouldn't want to jeapordise the police enquiries in any way, but feel that if people got their heads together, something more might be found.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join