It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing April Jones: Search Intensifies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah i know what you mean.

I was a little troubled listening to the church service earlier on TV. The vicar talking about her being with Jesus now and all that, i know it's been a week but they have not found April's body and obviously the suspect hasn't admitted it or told them where she is...otherwise we'd have seen a mad rush to the site.......therefore, i just feel it's a little too soon to say she's with Jesus.

I'm not unrealistic but you know what i mean? They've just had a go about Kay Burley talking about the suspect being arrested for murder, yet this is no different? Maybe more tactfully done but it's still talking about a child being dead before they are certain.

Just didn't sound right to me.

CX.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I don't know how these things work, but is it possible they have a confession of murder, but he won't give up any more details, so the police still need time to find enough evidence to secure a conviction?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
As much as I hope to high heaven April is found safe, I do wonder what the hell she was doing age 5 playing out in the streets when it's essentially dark now at 7pm, village or no village. Sorry I had to say it.

What are you saying.. Murderers are all vampires and only come out after 7pm..?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
reply to post by thedoctorswife

i don't remember any one way streets in Mach, i could be wrong but it's too small a place to have one way street systems needed. the media are sensationalising this completely... and it sadly reminds me of the mccanns where the police focused on what they thought was their theory, and didn't investigate everywhere else thoroughly. most people know not to poo on their own doorsteps, so why, WHY, would a guy with children at the same school take April?

very sad case indeed, i hope she's found alive.

This is what really worries me the most.

The first reports were of a silver vehicle, and then when they arrested this guy they retrieved his BLUE vehicle from a local garage? That just doesn't make sense to me. Kids know the difference between silver and blue! There has been no explanation that I can see of why they suddenly changed the color of the vehicle they were looking for when they arrested him.

I can't understand why this guy would still be in custody, when they seem to have no evidence at all of anything. Why has he not caved if he did do something?

We've seen this happen over and over. Police are under pressure to arrest someone, anyone, and charge them with the crime. He might be guilty, but a lot of this simply looks like they arrested the first man they found with that TYPE of vehicle and have been trying to build a case to make him guilty ever since.

Meanwhile, that poor little girl could be in another country with the real kidnappers simply because everyone thinks she's dead and that this guy did it.

I have a very bad feeling that they're not going to find her, and then we'll see miraculous evidence appear that "proves" she was in his vehicle. He'll be locked up, insisting he is innocent all the while, and then in 30 years evidence will be produced that he was framed for the crime by an inept police force unable to admit that they couldn't find her.

This just doesn't sit right with me. It looks like they are trying to build a case to make him the criminal, when there just doesn't seem to be the evidence to back it up, and that poor little girl could be anywhere because they refuse to consider alternative scenarios.

CX

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah possibly.

They still haven't told anyone that though.....i think thats why the church service got to me a bit.

CX.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
As much as I hope to high heaven April is found safe, I do wonder what the hell she was doing age 5 playing out in the streets when it's essentially dark now at 7pm, village or no village. Sorry I had to say it.

I think this is in poor taste.
Now is not the time to be laying blame at the parents for this. If you've seen what's happening in the village and how people have responded to this it is clear that it's a very close community, I don't think people should be forming their opinions when they are obviously comparing where they live to this village.

Just because a lot of us live in places where you don't even talk to your neighbors, doesn't mean everyone else lives in the same kind of community.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by CX

This whole case is awful, but then, every case like this is awful. I have two grown kids and four grandchildren and I just cannot even begin to imagine how April's parents and family are getting through each long day and night. It's just a never-ending nightmare for them.

Regarding the Reverend and others making statements that indicate April has already passed on, we have very little publicly to go by and we can't assume too much about what some people close to this case may have been told but cannot state openly for legal reasons. However, when legal counsel for the Crown states that there is sufficient evidence to charge the suspect with murder, abduction and attempting to pervert the course of justice, it gives us some insights.

Very early on, we had news reports that (child) witnesses saw April get into the "driver's side" of a car and they gave a rough description of the vehicle. Even at that time it had me wondering if the car was left-hand drive. Then it transpired (not surprisingly) that Police were following that line as well -- and Bridger's car is LHD and of the right shape. And he was known to the locals and we also learned that April had played in his car a few days before.

So, Bridger was not a surprising suspect in that regard. So, he was arrested and questioned, and as a result of the questioning and other information, the decision was made to charge him. There may well be forensic information that forms part of the evidence. The Police do not divulge all they know, neither should they. Sometimes holding back certain information is vital, for a whole range of reasons.

It is possible that he made statements to indicate he had taken April and perhaps even gave some information about what else he did. However, consider the Moors murder case of decades ago, where the murdered boy was never found and his killer has always refused to help authorities to locate his remains.

There is a precedent to charging a person with murder before there is proof that the victim is deceased. The Moors case is suffient for that. And as in the Moors case, it may be extremely difficult to find her. But technology now is vastly better than it was then, and I firmly believe that she will be found.

I would wish that she is found alive, but in my heart of hearts I know the chances of that are slim.

But until it is shown otherwise, we can hold on to that hope.

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree with you. Out in the country my wife and I have a modest cottage in a small village where everyone knows everyone, and all adults around keep a watch out for any kids who are out playing. Any strangers going by are immediately noticed, but frankly no-one in a quiet and peaceful community ever expects anything bad to happen when it's only local folk around. It's just part of the mindset of living in a small, country community.

And it's not like she was out alone and some distance from home. She was in her own street, playing with other kids, just on dusk. There is no way I could find any fault with her parents for letting her have some play time just yards from her own home on an early autumn evening.

The fault lies with the one who took her, not with her parents.

Just a note about the car colour... Street lighting can play a part in that. I'm not sure if it was a factor here but it was on dusk, so it might have been.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i seem to remember the case oi the murder of joanna where the police and the media crusified the landlord of the apartment that she lived in as the person that they had arrested tor the murder of joanna and later it came about that he was totaly inocent . the media crucified him but later it was found that it was a neigbour that had murdered her
there was no public apology for destroying this man .

he was totally destroyed and had to go into hiding

the point of this is don't accuse someone unless it is absolutly proven that they are guilty

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by CX

I don't know how these things work, but is it possible they have a confession of murder, but he won't give up any more details, so the police still need time to find enough evidence to secure a conviction?

Hi woody,

as I understand it, in the UK at least, they will need to show a magistrate "just cause" for the various charges when their suspect is brought to court. The magistrate has to be satisfied that they have sufficient cause not only to make the charges, but also hold the suspect in custody on the basis of those charges.

So, the Crown Prosecution Service needed to be satisfied that the evidence they reviewed was sufficient to proceed with a prosecution on that murder charge -- and the other charges as well. There will likely be a statement from the CPS for the magistrate to that effect.

They won't need to present detailed evidence in the first hearing. It's only a preliminary one, and if they satisfy the magistrate that they have a case then it's very likely the magistrate will accede to a request to remand the suspect in custody and issue a legally-binding order to that effect. A date for the next hearing will also be set, but even that will probably not be the start of the actual trial.

In any case, the Police and CPS don't need a confession of murder, only evidence to make them believe they could prosecute the charge. And apparently they have that.

The most interesting one (if we can be that detached about this awful situation) is the charge of "attempting to pervert the course of justice". This indicates that the CPS believes Bridger was either witholding information from Police that would allow "justice" to be done, or attempted to mislead Police by providing knowingly wrong information. Or both.

Speaking of information, we are not going to get a great deal from the Police from now on about what Bridger might or might not have done. Until this matter goes to trial, very little will be made public. And in the meantime, in spite of any ravings to the contrary we might see on some internet pages, the suspect should be presumed innocent.

Mike

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by tom.farnhill

Absolutely right. We must do all we can to avoid sinking to the low levels of some places, where people are automatically presumed guilty just because they have been arrested -- or in some cases even simply questioned and then released!

Granted, in a case like this it looks very bad for the suspect as the charges are serious, but we have no idea of what may be known by the Police and what lines of investigation are still going on. We're on an internet forum, not in an interview room with the suspect, so while we can freely express what we might think could have happened, we really know very little of the whole story.

Simply put, anyone can be arrested, anyone can be charged: it doesn't automatically make them guilty.

Mike

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree with you. Out in the country my wife and I have a modest cottage in a small village where everyone knows everyone, and all adults around keep a watch out for any kids who are out playing. Any strangers going by are immediately noticed, but frankly no-one in a quiet and peaceful community ever expects anything bad to happen when it's only local folk around. It's just part of the mindset of living in a small, country community.

And it's not like she was out alone and some distance from home. She was in her own street, playing with other kids, just on dusk. There is no way I could find any fault with her parents for letting her have some play time just yards from her own home on an early autumn evening.

The fault lies with the one who took her, not with her parents.

Just a note about the car colour... Street lighting can play a part in that. I'm not sure if it was a factor here but it was on dusk, so it might have been.

I started off blaming the parents, but i think thats an initial reaction, because damn, theres not one of us as parents who could say we,ve never made a mistake with our children. And whats sadder is that she was allowed to play out that night slightly later as a reward for a glowing school report.
Im puzzled about the news conference that the mother made, why was the step grandfather there? were was dad? surely any dad would want to be there whatever state his emotions were in.
Also, i dont understand why Bridger is not talking about where she is, if he has killed her, he must know that with the technology they have today they are most likely to find her. And that now hes charged with murder, what good is keeping her location secret? Also i read on a blog somewhere, and this could be complete nonsense and not really relevant i suppose, but still interesting non the less, that Bridger's exwife and partner won a lottery prize in 2009 giving them £1000 per week for a year, as i said could be complete irrelevant rubbish but i thought id mention it.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

its idiot statements like yours that confuse the investigation of the actual crime . please think about the case of the murder of joanna the news media destroyed the a landlord of the apartment block to such an extent that he had to go into hiding it wasa not until later when the real killer was arrested and convicted that the truth came out.
both the media and the police acted in an un proffesional manor that destroyed an innocent man

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
From what i'm getting, this guy Bridger, is refusing to co-operate, or speak, his silence proves guilt in my eyes, and not just mine but the police aswell, hence the reason they charged this monster.

If his innocent of any wrong doing, then why is he refusing to flatout say a word in his defense.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
From what i'm getting, this guy Bridger, is refusing to co-operate, or speak, his silence proves guilt in my eyes, and not just mine but the police aswell, hence the reason they charged this monster.

If his innocent of any wrong doing, then why is he refusing to flatout say a word in his defense.

Yes, but from another point of view, can we be absolutely 100% certain of that? I know its highly unlikely and yes, he probably did it, but his silence could also mean he,s covering for someone else maybe? theres always the chance, however slim.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Even if he is covering for someone else, his just a guilty as the murderer, there can be no excuse to cover the murder of a innocent child.

Besides it's well known now most child murder's occur by a friend of the family, as this is were they grow there obsession for a child, this man had to many close connection with this child, and with the added silence, this man is guilty.

No doubt his trying to block out what happen, convincing himself it never happen, maybe gone into shock, my instinct tell's me this man is guilty.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by thePharaoh
FYI - they only made it a murder investigation because they had to charge him, to hold onto him.
they used up 95hrs of their 96....either let him go or charge him.

The Police don't charge anybody unless the CPS say's they can and the CPS will only do so if there is sufficient evidence to prosecute. The fact he has been charged does not bode well for the Kiddy, as they must have something on him. But, in order to try and give the guy a fair trial, as is his right, they are keeping details stum until said Trial.

yea but the truth actually is far from that

do you remeber the last case like this, last month....when they let the guy out on bail, then lost him when they found it was him...

they cant be seen to make this mistake again...

peace

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
From what I've been hearing from people in the village is this..

The guy who's been arrested/charged had a bit of a fling with the mother 6 yrs ago.
Apparently he may be the girls father..

This makes it even worse, why would you kill your own daughter? To get back at the mother for rejecting him?

Sick.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

erm...rumours hey...

i think it was a mistake to charge him with murder

they should of just charged him with that third charge only...the one about wasting time averting/perverting the course of justice....charging him with murder changes the investigation and slows down the chance of finding her

peace
edit on 7-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Rumours yes.
You know what small villages are like, everybody knows every bodies business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join