It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing April Jones: Search Intensifies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That is typical Kay Burley reporting. Heartless, and only interested in getting a reaction. She does it all the time, has done it many times back in the studio.

She was like it the other day, about day 3 of the search and she was interviewing April's godmother who was obviously cut up by it all, red eyed and on the verge of tears with every word spoken....so Kay stats pushing for info like "What is April like?"

Having to recall every little characteristic of your goddaughter who had just been abducted is possibly not the nicest task in the world. Everyone has heard what April is like for three days solid, you don't need to push the family any more just so you can get another emotional response on your news network.

Kay should be kept in the office, off the screen, whether inside or out. A true News International piece of work

CX.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
www.bbc.co.uk...

i'm seriously disgusted with the bbc reporting of this. in the above article it says

He was seen driving to the school in his Land Rover Discovery.

and

Meanwhile, it has emerged the suspect had attended Ysgol Gynradd Machynlleth at the same school parents' evening as April's parents hours before she went missing.

earlier on it was reported that he has 2 children at the same school. which would obviously explain the above statements...now that little details been omitted. sensationalist much? grrrr.

Ive just got home from an 8 hour shift, and all i could think of was this little girl. If this guy has murdered her, cant he at least do the decent thing and say where she is, because guarantted if he has done it, theyll manage to pin it on him in the end.

I also feel really bad, because in an earlier post,i questioned the mothers judgement at leaving her out at this time. Its now been reported that she was allowed to play out late because of a glowing report in school.

I read on the Telegraph website, that on the evening of the parents night, Bridger drove the wrong way up a one way street and blocked in a load of parents cars. Ok, not particularly suspicious, however, this town is small, he should know the streets like the back of his hand, i know all the one wayers in my city and its a large one. So maybe he was anxious/worried whatever, and maybe that caused him to take the wrong turning into the one way street.
Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

i don't remember any one way streets in Mach, i could be wrong but it's too small a place to have one way street systems needed. the media are sensationalising this completely... and it sadly reminds me of the mccanns where the police focused on what they thought was their theory, and didn't investigate everywhere else thoroughly. most people know not to poo on their own doorsteps, so why, WHY, would a guy with children at the same school take April?

very sad case indeed, i hope she's found alive.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I've been the same, got up 3x last night as poor mite has been playing on my mind something terrible. I suppose he thinks he is being clever, they cant actually charge him with murder without evidence or a body, and if he keeps quiet maybe he thinks he'll go free when the holding time is up.

I hope to goodness they find something to charge him soon, and that they find this little body, poor parents holding onto little hope and its just dreadful.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

i don't remember any one way streets in Mach, i could be wrong but it's too small a place to have one way street systems needed. the media are sensationalising this completely... and it sadly reminds me of the mccanns where the police focused on what they thought was their theory, and didn't investigate everywhere else thoroughly. most people know not to poo on their own doorsteps, so why, WHY, would a guy with children at the same school take April?

very sad case indeed, i hope she's found alive.

I dunno love, i cant understand it, i saw a picture of her last night in her school uniform waving a welsh flag, and i just burst into tears. I think its because as welsh people we can relate to it, we understand how the welsh communities work and how welsh people are, and frankly there aint much cuter than little welsh girls with our distinctive accents
and shes such a pretty little darling, i dont know how anyone could hurt her .
Theres a side of me that is wishing desperately thats shes been taken by a senile old dear with twenty cats and no children with no phone and tv and she jumps out of the window and escapes.
As far as the one way street is concerned then you probably right, ive never been to Mach but i have been to aberwystwth and they are small little towns.
I just read a report from one of the jones neighbours, saying he say the kids out playing, and a car cruising up and down the road repeatly, stopping and then skidded off. He thought it was suspicious but didnt realise there was anything to it until someone knocked on his door asking if he had seen April. Now, where is his discription of the car?? it wasnt mentioned in the report, if hed seen it repeated driving up and down the road surely he could have remembered it.
Theres SO MANY holes in the reporting of this case, dont you think?

And what you said in an earlier report about paedophile rings is horrifying me, i hope to god its not anything to do with that.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow

I've been the same, got up 3x last night as poor mite has been playing on my mind something terrible. I suppose he thinks he is being clever, they cant actually charge him with murder without evidence or a body, and if he keeps quiet maybe he thinks he'll go free when the holding time is up.

I hope to goodness they find something to charge him soon, and that they find this little body, poor parents holding onto little hope and its just dreadful.

I cant imagine what it must be like to lose a child, it must be the most horrific feeling, i lost mine for a couple of minutes in asda when she was little, and for those few minutes the thoughts in my mind were terrible.
And like you said, without evidence, no charge. Even if they find Aprils dna in the car, she had a lift in it a while back, so unless they find blood, then that avenue is closed.
Im trying to understand the motive for killing her (if he did), what triggered him? april had an excellent report at school that night, did that highlight inadequacies in his family/children, that sent him over the edge.
How does someone just become a child murderer

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Mod, i dont think this thread is getting the attention it deserves, a terrible thing has happened, shouldnt we be raising awareness and putting it in ats not bts? Surely the more member input the better?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Mod, i dont think this thread is getting the attention it deserves, a terrible thing has happened, shouldnt we be raising awareness and putting it in ats not bts? Surely the more member input the better?

i agree, it's in the wrong forum for the topical news story that it is.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

i sent a msg to the mods and asked them to move it, however they've decided it's fine where it is.

CX

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I did give it some consideration, sticking it in ATS, but at the end of the day, it's not breaking alternative or conspiracy related news, not global, so i thought this was the best place for it.

You are correct, it's not ideal, it seems like as soon as a thread gets stuck in BTS it may as well have been moved to the trash bin as hardly anyone sees it....however thats the way it works.

Would be nice if serious issues like this were shown on the recent posts page when you click it.

CX.
edit on 6/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I did give it some consideration, sticking it in ATS, but at the end of the day, it's not breaking alternative or conspiracy related news, not global, so i thought this was the best place for it.

You are correct, it's not ideal, it seems like as soon as a thread gets stuck in BTS it may as well have been moved to the trash bin as hardly anyone sees it....however thats the way it works.

Would be nice if serious issues like this were shown on the recent posts page when you click it.

CX.
edit on 6/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

it deserves more attention than this.... i posted the breaking alternative news that mark bridger had been charged with her murder, but apparently i've done something against the rules. i don't understand why this isn't getting the attention it deserves for the major uk news story that it is.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Considering who is most likely to be the killer and only rarely someone else, I can certainly see why they would arrest someone with a prior record, and the "wrong" colored vehicle. In fact, elite or authorities may have saw an opportunity with someone like him working there. Most child disappearances, murders are Elite oriented. She may be alive still, though the elite are rituatlists and also run white slave and pedifile markets for the wealthy psycho's.

It's really too bad people are not awake and aware with strong counsels of informed citizens. I'd be conducting an intensive search of all ELITE properties, starting with the mayor, doctors, ministers, teachrs, and all business heads in the communities. The ritualists in general. And check especially basements and underground stuff, cabins in the woods, warehouses, corporate buildings, and their underground structures. Of course that class could already have smuggled her out, but all areas should be doing this all the time in hefty crowds of thousands.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Mark Bridger has been charged with the murder and abduction of missing five-year-old April Jones.

The announcement was made ahead of a news conference led by Dyfed Powys Police and the Crown Prosecution Service in Aberystwyth.

Bridger, 46, has also been charged with perverting the course of justice.

The former lifeguard will be held in custody until he appears in court at Aberystwyth Justice Centre on Monday.

Iwan Jenkins of the Crown Prosecution Service said: "Having carried out a detailed review of the evidence gathered so far by Dyfed Powys Police I have come to the conclusion there is sufficient evidence to charge Mark Bridger with murder and it is in the public interest to do so."

The decision came just an hour before detectives reached the maximum 96 hours that they could hold Bridger before charging or releasing him.

April Jones: Mark Bridger Charged With Murder

I'm struggling with why they can do this when they have no body? So frustrating when they can't give details, why is it in the public interest to do so if they haven't found a body?

CX.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Me too, i dont really know much about the legal system, but surely shes still missing until found alive or not. Theres something very unique and unorthodox about the way that this investigation has been carried out, something doesnt feel right to me, i cant put my finger on it.
Also, last plea to mod, could this not go into ats "other current events" as it now does seem to have somewhat of a conspiritual nature?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
FYI - they only made it a murder investigation because they had to charge him, to hold onto him.
they used up 95hrs of their 96....either let him go or charge him.

have you seen the moment when they broke it to members of the family..
kate burley needs a lesson in etticate...i do hate that woman

oh its already posted!...yea she is heartless

peace
edit on 6-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Do none of you watch the news?

Someone from the Crown Prosecution Service examined the evidence the police had so far and felt it was enough to arrest the man in question and that it would be in the public interest to do so.

As for the discrepencies regarding the vehicle in the beginning, I imagine this is common in the early stages of such investigations, but also you have to take into account that the witnesses to her being abducted were young children themselves. So the police had to go off the descriptions the children gave them. One of which the vehicle was small at front but large at the back which police said could mean a van or possibly a land rover.

Also it was reported April got in the driver's side which meat she either got in with the driver or it was a left hand drive.

The man's vehicle is a land rover which is a left hand drive.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Hopefully the little girl will be found safe and sound. Then after she's returned home somebody needs to put their foot up her parents rear end for not paying attention to what she was doing.

Indeed... My older kids (8 + 9) have to be in before it's dark. For crying out loud, my mum said the same to me when I was 15!

reply to post by 3Dplus

The only descriptions the Police have to go on are supplied by other kids of the same age, hence the confusion.

Originally posted by SecretFace
The problem is although some parents would like to think that they live in a close community where nothing really happens, the reality is that having kids out on their own today is a lot more dangerous than it was years ago, where every kid from the age of five upwards would be playing outside without any fear at all from either themselves and their parents.

It isn't really any more dangerous now than it was 30 years ago, it's just reported more owing to the constant News coverage we have, giving a false impression of more danger. As it stands now, there are approximately 500 or so "abductions" a year in the UK, 90% of which are "parental abductions" and the rest largely done by people known to the family. The suspect here is also "known to the family"....

reply to post by Urbanshadow

Sunset in Machynlleth last Monday was 1851hrs. It would have been "dark" gone 7 o'clock.

Originally posted by CX
However i think they are too young not to let something slip. I know my kids at that age couldn't keep a secret to save their lives, it was easily to coax the truth out of them.

Indeed. My kids are older and are still terrible liars. I doubt they would have been able to hide anything under scrutiny.

Originally posted by CX
Just a thought....,i don't know enough about the sonar scanners that they use in deeper water, you know like the equipment they used to look for things like Nessie in Loch Ness......are there smaller versions that you could use in a river to do one big quick sweep of the bed?

If April was in the river at all, surely this could aid the search crews no end?

CX.

As far as I understand it, they are using such equipment with the inshore lifeboats, as well as IR on the Helo and sniffer dogs. The local force has called in expertise from across the UK so they are using every resource they can get their hands on.

Originally posted by Flavian
I hope he is guilty, otherwise how do you ever get over this sort of accusation? And if he is guilty, do the honourable thing and say where she is buried.

Remember the guy in Bristol who was arrested for that woman's murder and the papers vilified him? He got rough treatment after that and he didn't do it, it was some Polish chap. I think in the end he got a nice, tidy settlement out of the papers for slinging mud at him.

Originally posted by Urbanshadow

habeas corpus no longer need apply, as long as the Police can prove beyond reasonable doubt the person was murdered, ie; with forensics...

Originally posted by Unity_99
Most child disappearances, murders are Elite oriented. She may be alive still, though the elite are rituatlists and also run white slave and pedifile markets for the wealthy psycho's.

No, they're not. Lets try to keep your NWO mumbo jumbo out of a very serious thread. Most child murders (90+%) are actually done by family or friends, usually parents.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
FYI - they only made it a murder investigation because they had to charge him, to hold onto him.
they used up 95hrs of their 96....either let him go or charge him.

The Police don't charge anybody unless the CPS say's they can and the CPS will only do so if there is sufficient evidence to prosecute. The fact he has been charged does not bode well for the Kiddy, as they must have something on him. But, in order to try and give the guy a fair trial, as is his right, they are keeping details stum until said Trial.

CX

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

i sent a msg to the mods and asked them to move it, however they've decided it's fine where it is.

Thank you.....they have moved it now.

Thanks to the mods too for sorting it out.

CX.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I have been following this and it is sad!

I can only hope she is still alive and well someplace but something is telling me that she isnt.... its now been a week and whoever took her could have passed her on to someone else who smuggled her out of the Country or the Peado did something nasty!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join