It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing April Jones: Search Intensifies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Although this is from Wales, UK, i wanted to post it just in case anyone hasn't heard and knows/sees anything.

A local search team is calling for more volunteers in the hunt for a five-year-old girl believed to have been abducted.

April Jones was playing with friends near her home in the Mid Wales town of Machynlleth at around 7pm on Monday when she went missing.

She was last spotted by another child getting into a van wearing a purple knee-length coat with grey fur around the hood, a white polo top and black trousers, said police.

Missing April Jones: Search Intensifies

My thoughts are with the family and this little girl right now, she must be petrified and they must be devastated.

Not sure what i'd be like in that situation.

Lets hope she is found safe, but being seen getting into a van doesn't bring thoughts of a nice ending.

CX.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As much as I hope to high heaven April is found safe, I do wonder what the hell she was doing age 5 playing out in the streets when it's essentially dark now at 7pm, village or no village. Sorry I had to say it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hopefully the little girl will be found safe and sound. Then after she's returned home somebody needs to put their foot up her parents rear end for not paying attention to what she was doing.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just read that a man has been arrested in connection with the disappearance.

16:48 BST
Press conference over
That was it for the press conference: Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan of Dyfed Powys Police said a 46-year-old man was arrested in the Machynlleth area within the last hour and is being questioned at Aberystwyth police station. They hope he will help police locate her, but can give no more details. Police then helped everyone helping with the search, but took no questions

16:55 BST
More police news
DS Bevan has been speaking to Sky News. He said the arrested man is local and was one of a series of inquiry lines, in part because he had a similar vehicle to the one described. Police were "actively looking for him". The man was arrested while walking on the side of the road just north of Machynlleth. Police have now recovered his vehicle. Bevan said:

We are still searching for April. We are pursuing this as if she is still alive.

www.guardian.co.uk

I hope they find her unharmed!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

The cops just had a news conference,and say they have arrested a 46 year old local man,whom"they knew was in the area"and he is being questioned.
He has a vehicle similar to what was described by witnesses,the cops said.
Poor April is still missing though.

Sounds like the cops have targeted people with previous convictions to me.

I hope they find her alive and well soon.
Its amazing how proffesional our cops can be in situations such as this-If I was questioning this man,it would be with power tools.

Guess that's why I wouldn't make a good cop.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
As much as I hope to high heaven April is found safe, I do wonder what the hell she was doing age 5 playing out in the streets when it's essentially dark now at 7pm, village or no village. Sorry I had to say it.

Same here, i just dont understand why a child that young was out at that time of night, its dark at 7 and the weather here at the moment in Wales is foul, very heavy rain. I hope she will be found soon, alive and well, but as time goes by, less hopefull. Dduw bendithia hi.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
you have to wonder why a 5 year old is out at 7pm at night, and in truth i wonder too... but the whole atmosphere in Mach is different, .. with such a small community there, everybody knows each other, everybody usually looks out for one another.. (i used to live near mach and visited frequently, esp on wednesday market days).. it's nothing like in Cardiff where i live now, in terms of general overall attitude Mach is 20 years behind Cardiff... It simply wouldn't occur to anybody that somebody would take a child from there.

from my own personal experience dyfed powys police are not only corrupt, but incompetent. i wouldn't bank on the guy they arrested being anything to do with it.

i hope they find her soon though, as time goes on hope tends to fade.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Does anybody know anything about the man arrested Mark Bridger.
Has he got a record or anything, I know some of you more internet savy guys can find a lot out about people via the net.

edit on 3-10-2012 by petdog82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

That's exactly what I was thinking.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
you have to wonder why a 5 year old is out at 7pm at night, and in truth i wonder too... but the whole atmosphere in Mach is different, .. with such a small community there, everybody knows each other, everybody usually looks out for one another.. (i used to live near mach and visited frequently, esp on wednesday market days).. it's nothing like in Cardiff where i live now, in terms of general overall attitude Mach is 20 years behind Cardiff... It simply wouldn't occur to anybody that somebody would take a child from there.

from my own personal experience dyfed powys police are not only corrupt, but incompetent. i wouldn't bank on the guy they arrested being anything to do with it.

i hope they find her soon though, as time goes on hope tends to fade.

Ok, yes Mach is a quite village, but children are always in danger when placed in a vulnurable position, what if her capturer (although thats yet to be proved) was from out of town? I didnt matter how safe a place is percieved to be, there will always be danger.
I hope they find her soon, this is making me so sad. My niece looks exactly like her, and in a way this is bringing it home more. I look at April and i see my niece. It all so terrible.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
And, to make the whole thing more bloody awful, April has cerebral palsy, and needs constance medication otherwise shes in pain. Can this get any worse??

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
wow that sucks, parents need to be more vigilant in making their children understand under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should they ever go with anyone they werent supposed to be picked up by, even family members. that really sucks, i hope her all the best, maybe she is just with a family member who... ahh never mind, good luck little one.

i dont really bash the parents for letting kids out late so long as there are playmates, and possibly someone watching them, me and my sister would be out late at night sometimes, but we also had a mother who brain washed us to stay away from the free candy van, and even family if we didnt feel like it was safe or we knew they werent supposed to pick us up, luckily the 2nd never happend, but we did have a a guy when i was younger try to get me and sister to come see a puppy in the back of a truck , i just grabed my sister said thanx no thanx and brought her inside.

but that was also almost 20 years ago, not much different but a lilttle safer, now, i wouldnt let my kids if i had any out the door without their own WMD's and bubble suits lol

wow they got a suspect that fast, and arrested... he must have a record, dont they usually question first?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The problem is although some parents would like to think that they live in a close community where nothing really happens, the reality is that having kids out on their own today is a lot more dangerous than it was years ago, where every kid from the age of five upwards would be playing outside without any fear at all from either themselves and their parents.

However, the parents can't be blamed for this, the person who has done this can be blamed for this. I would just urge all parents to be mindful when letting young children out to play and really make sure that they understand the dangers of even just playing in the front garden. I truly hope that they find her safe and well.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
...I've noticed some "discrepancies" in the case. First reports were that she got into a light colored transit van...now they got this fella with a dark blue landrover, and they took him in because his vehicle matched the description

Light colored van

Grey vehicle?

or was it a dark blue landrover?

I know as the investigation goes on, certain facts will come to light. But this is an important bit of information. She got into a vehicle...surely they have to be sure exactly which vehicle.

Hope you don't feel me insensitive for bringing this matter up, as I realise this is a very tragic thing to happen, and my thoughts are with her family and with April.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3Dplus
...I've noticed some "discrepancies" in the case. First reports were that she got into a light colored transit van...now they got this fella with a dark blue landrover, and they took him in because his vehicle matched the description

Light colored van

Grey vehicle?

or was it a dark blue landrover?

I know as the investigation goes on, certain facts will come to light. But this is an important bit of information. She got into a vehicle...surely they have to be sure exactly which vehicle.

Hope you don't feel me insensitive for bringing this matter up, as I realise this is a very tragic thing to happen, and my thoughts are with her family and with April.

Yeah, your right, something in the back of my mind concerning the car has been bugging me since the beginning. They did say a van in the beginning and then it became a landrover. I dont think a landrover can be called a van, can it?
The police are going to be searching the guys house this afternoon. It seems April's cerebral palsy causes her legs to give way at anytime, also she has IBS, and needs constant painkillers for it.
This is just becoming a nightmare.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Yeah, your right, something in the back of my mind concerning the car has been bugging me since the beginning. They did say a van in the beginning and then it became a landrover. I dont think a landrover can be called a van, can it?
The police are going to be searching the guys house this afternoon. It seems April's cerebral palsy causes her legs to give way at anytime, also she has IBS, and needs constant painkillers for it.
This is just becoming a nightmare.

I think they said white/grey van initially, so not sure how they could confuse that with a blue 4x4 Land Rover discovery?!

She will not be found alive imo, most cases like this the child is dead within an hour. We can but pray, but it does not look good.

Surely they could at least work out from CCTV when he last filled up his van with fuel, and based on his movements, and what fuel he has left they could then decipher the likely range of a potential body?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The weirdest thing for me is what do they expect in his Land Rover? They have already stated that she was in the vehicle a couple of days before she went missing so surely there will be a trace of her there anyway? Wouldn't that invalidate anything they do find, unless it is her blood?

Tragedy no doubt but the whole thing seems very badly handled.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Remote Viewers of ATS, now's your chance! You can print a picture of her from the OP's link then target the pic in your RV sessions. Everyone does it one the same week, and then at the end of the week, if there are a lot of remote viewers, someone can make a thread where the RVers and post their results, and we can look for consitency and reoccurring outcomes..
Im just saying, it would be cool if it actually worked.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There are some things to consider here before we all start pointing fingers as to why April was out....how do we know she wasnt getting picked up from her friends by one of her parents/grandparents? Witnesses from the area have said it was NOT dark at 7pm on Monday (and for all we know, her parents could have been picking her up, at say 10 past) and it was a sunny day.

It is a small village, you can see this on the map, I live in a (very busy) town so I wouldnt let my 5 yr old play outside, for one thing, there is a busy road. But he doesnt go to bed until 8pm, so he could well be playing in the garden, or in a friends garden, on a warm day. It got dark here at 7.18 pm tonight.

As to April being in the Landrover a few days before, there 'could' still be fibres from the clothes she was wearing that night. Makes forensics job harder, yes...but not impossible.

Mark Bridger is keeping quiet. ( I cannot stop thinking about this little girl, she is ill, has Cerebral Palsy and IBS, and is 5 years old!!!!) Why won't he say where she is....I have my own thoughts on this but I don't think it wise to share them at this point...safe to say, he will be released at 5pm tomorrow if no charges are made against him...which is why the Police are working so hard to find any evidence at all. He knows, he cannot be charged and is playing for time. Words and anger from me would be far to highly strung out at this point in time. I wish to goodness he would just say where she is.

I hope with all my heart she will be found safe.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Urbanshadow because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen with Mark Bridger if they release him tomorrow. He won't be able to stay there, i'd imagine he will either be taken somewhere for his own safety, or leave of his own accord.

Then there is the possibility that he didn't do it.

One theory i heard mentioned over the past few days was that possibly an accident had happened amongst the kids whilst playing. Not sure i'd go along with that in this case, not that kids aren't capable of keeping quiet to stop themselves getting into trouble, i just think they were too young to cover a tragic accident up properly.

If they were playing near a river, fair enough she could have fallen in, and maybe the kids could have thought up the "man in the van" as something to tell the police, because most kids these days are warned about strangers from an early age.

However i think they are too young not to let something slip. I know my kids at that age couldn't keep a secret to save their lives, it was easily to coax the truth out of them.

I think they'd have had an answer by now if this guy had done it.

Then that leaves abduction to anywhere in the country....not a nice thought and a search operation nightmare.

Fingers crossed though that some positive news may come of this.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join