It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daystar and TBN to broadcast Jesus return 'live' from Mount of Olives

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
LA Times - Daystar, TBN ready for Messiah in Jerusalem

The Christian TV broadcasters both have their offices set up on a holy city hill, poised for Jesus, and are spreading the gospel to Jews in Israel.

JERUSALEM — If the Messiah descends from the Mount of Olives as foretold in the Bible, America's two biggest Christian broadcasters are well-positioned to cover it live thanks to recent acquisitions of adjacent Jerusalem studios on a hill overlooking the Old City.

Texas-based Daystar Television Network already beams a 24-hour-a-day live webcam from its terrace. Not to be outdone, Costa Mesa-based Trinity Broadcasting Network last month bought the building next door.

The dueling studios are part of an aggressive push by U.S. evangelical broadcasters seeking to gain a stronger foothold in the holy city. Their presence not only offers boasting rights with American viewers and contributors, but also — and more controversially — a platform for spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to Jews in Israel.

From what I've read in the bible I really don't think that when Jesus returns there is supposed to even be electricity running let alone people sitting in their homes watching TV or checking webcams on the internet. The world is supposed to be in ruins and chaos. So I really don't get why these folks think they are going to cozy up against the Mount of Olives and have live cams etc etc. And when Jesus does come back, I'm pretty sure that EVERYONE around the world who is left alive is supposed to be able to see Him return. TV and internet live stream won't be needed. (at least, according to scripture).

Side note.
This got me ... they are fighting each other for air time. Lovely Christian attitude guys ...

The latest inroads by evangelical Christians have not triggered the backlash that occurred in 2006 when Daystar went on the air. In fact, Crouch said TBN's biggest obstacle in Jerusalem so far is rival Daystar, which he said tried to block TBN's Shalom Channel from airing on Yes satellite.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Another example that proves that these idots don`t even know what their own bible says about the second coming of jesus,

I`m surprised that they aren`t going to try and make it a pay per view event

edit on 2-10-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Its my understanding that if and when he comes back he will be seen in an instant by everyone so the theory of "live TV' won't work - unless you have a TV & there are plenty of people that don't have one or would not be near one.

I read those particular biblical verses that talk of the 2nd coming as meaning more of an "awakened dream" of sorts would be experienced.

Personally I think these lads are clutching at straws - you know - "no-one knows the hour" and all.......

If it did happen, it would be a staged event.

Regarding the conversion of the Jewish people.........no comment.

Thanks for the read though - very interesting!!!
edit on 2-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Project Blue Beam comes to mind. I wonder if the date has been set and these stations informed ahead of time. The government runs the media, right? Why not a few Christian TV stations too...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
He'd be arrested for not fulfilling his IDF national service duty

Christians fail to realise that the historical Jesus, and their Christ are so far detached that IF Jesus were to return no Christian would recognise him

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

Christians fail to realise that the historical Jesus, and their Christ are so far detached that IF Jesus were to return no Christian would recognise him

He would be a small man with brown skin, speaking aramaic. I highly doubt that any evangelical-christian fundamentalist broadcast-service would recognize him!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I can imagine the evangelicals shock that Jesus "aint a american".

My dad use to work in the garden of gethsemane in the late 60's, he claims many American tourist thought he was the second comming

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

"The main thing we want to do is help sponsor what we call Messianic Jews, or Jews that have received Jesus Christ as their Messiah," said TBN co-founder Paul Crouch, who recently wrapped up a tour of Israel with 1,800 TBN supporters, most of them from America. "We want to do some Hebrew language programs to reach out to Jews and entice them to read the word of God and become what we call a completed Jew."
It's things like this that really chap my @$$. A completed Jew? Really?It suggests that these human beings are incomplete, thus somewhat flawed. A belief that someone is flawed leads to prejudice. Prejudice leads to hate. Hate leads to anger. Anger leads to violent acts. Violent acts lead to forced conformity against ones own fee will.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

I would broaden your statement to include atheists and agnostics as well. Just because they have no faith, doesn't mean that they've been immune to the false teachings that have been carefully indoctrinated into society. Most see Christ Jesus as a happy go lucky hippy who only spoke of love and peace and not the True Saviour who said "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God." Christ Jesus came to tell this world that most will perish because of their love of sin and that the way to salvation was staring at them in the face. Just as today, the people chose the wrong son - the murderer and the insurrectionist. What was, will be again. There is nothing new under the sun.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Its my understanding that if and when he comes back he will be seen in an instant by everyone so the theory of "live TV' won't work - unless you have a TV & there are plenty of people that don't have one or would not be near one.

Quite the contradiction there
. Surely to be seen by everyone, it must be aired globally?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Suprised GOD Channel didn't jump on this bandwaggon.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.~ Matthew 21:12

S&F

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

No contradiction at all - aired globally or otherwise, how do you see it without a television or other piece of appropriate technology?, or like me, you are in the middle of the ocean 100's of miles from the nearest TV and internet reception for up to 4 weeks at a time?

The whole premise of their intention is a joke - designed to galvanize a particular portion of the public and that's about it.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

the historical Jesus

Should have read "seemingly" mythological Jesus. I added the "seemingly" because I do not to offended any faith sensibility in my correction. There are lack of evidence to support the possibility of an historical Jesus beyond the story in the Bible, recognition by the Koran and mention of the possibility in the Torah.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by cartenz

the historical Jesus

Should have read "seemingly" mythological Jesus. I added the "seemingly" because I do not to offended any faith sensibility in my correction. There are lack of evidence to support the possibility of an historical Jesus beyond the story in the Bible, recognition by the Koran and mention of the possibility in the Torah.

you forgot to include Josephus and the Naj Hammadi Library.

Also there is no mention of Jesus in the Torah (being the first 5 books of the old testament).

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
TBN and Daystar are about as Christian as I am. They could care less about Christians or Jews. What they care about is money and control. If there were such an entity as Satan, they're working for him. And doing a damn fine job too.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
so if anyone has advanced technology we do not know of, that can give off a light show, and produce an illuminated individual...now is your chance. Your entrance is covered.....

You could put a monkey in a UFO and make him appear there and we would buy it.....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The Bible says every eye will see it. I can't fathom how that would be possible without CCTV and satellites.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Even more embarrassing will be all the paparazzi trying to get upskirts and nipslips of Jesus. It's not TBN you have to worry about if Jesus returns, it's TMZ

I think these guys are going to be waiting for a while if they hope to capture footage of the returned Jesus but I guess it's best to reserve front-row seats to the press conference now. Make those losers from the big 3 MSM stations sit in the way back

Just whatever they do they should probably keep Pat Robertson away, I have a feeling Jesus will want to force-choke him to death Lord Vader style... or is it just me trying to do that through my television

Sorry, I just can't take this seriously no matter how hard I try.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I can imagine it now. "Jesus has returned, more details after the commercial break"

Let's not forget about the commentators.

Well, Susan what do you think about Jesus's robe?" "Well, it's a retro look and could likely become trend setting"

edit on 2-10-2012 by Kaploink because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join