It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween To Fall on a Sunday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
hey well at me catholic church we're having a Catholic Halloween Party
it goes from noon to 4 and then it ends so the little kiddies can go trick or treating. I do have to say dont judge all de christians cause of Ashlor. We just need to tell him that there should be a level of respect for everyone here at ATS. We also should do something that my school did lol. We used to have sings in the classrooms saying No Hate only Appreciate
but hey im still going out to trick or treat and in the spirit of Sunday Im going to be Buddy Christ

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
first of all, to the guy who said that halloween is celebrated in australia:

it is not celebrated. halloween consists of going door to door asking for candy, you obvoiusly did not know that.

to the others that i have offended, im sorry (kindof)

perhaps you are not evil weirdos and i was quick to judge, but in your position (of wizard:lol
, you are in a position to know about much evil stuff (that i mentioned) that goes on at halloween, and dont pretend it doesnt happen,

if you try to pretend that the satanic stuff doesnt go on, that will prove to me that you partake in it, and would not have it revealed

man if you get 666 tattooed on your forehead, dont come crying to me because i called you evil

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I can not even begin to fathom how one person can know so little! How bout you telling us "what" is evil about Halloween.....oh, and just so you know, evil goes on all year long...it comes in all forms from molestations and murder, to the dehumanizing results from hatred, closed minds and ignorance! Do you Celebrate Christmas? Maybe pop into church for Christmas mass? Christmas along with Easter are both stepped and dripping in pagan ritual......

Also no one is pretending that evil doesn't' go on...it most certainly does...but not by Wiccans ....that is done on a daily basis by the miss guided that have serious problems...I mean, anyone that wants to worship, or glamorize anything of a negative nature has issues.. IMHO.....you seriously need to do some research and study other faiths before spouting off.....Oh...and please show me where Misfit said we put evil spells on candy...I would like to see that!
EDIT.....Here's another one for ya Ashlar....Sunday isn't the day of worship either...Sunday was picked from Pagan holidays....are ya going to stop going to Church on Sundays now, that is...if you do attend church for your faith!

[edit on 10/17/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
I finally found my halloween costume!! I'm going to dress up as Ashlar's post. Now THAT is scarry

..or should I be Jesus since it's Sunday? Perhaps I should dress up as Saturday? Maybe I will just cast spells on all the candy I give out to make people just *think* it's Saturday so no one will be upset. I will fill my squirt bottle with holy water and spritz children that come to my door. *tssst tssst*

Ahhhhh...sarcasm so sweet!
Made me laugh out loud!! While I was sitting here thinking to myself, "how does a human being stay so backwards and ignorant in a world full of information waiting to enlighten tehm......it's refreshing to see good ol sarcasm still living!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
"how does a human being stay so backwards and ignorant in a world full of information waiting to enlighten tehm....

I dont know... you tell me. how does a human being who is capable of reason worship trees and statues?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
halloween is a celebration of evil. every thing that comes at halloween stems from evil.

halloween is your Holy day, and you get insulted if you are called evil. you are braindead

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
I dont know... you tell me. how does a human being who is capable of reason worship trees and statues?

How do you worship crosses and create divine grandeur churches to pray to God often spending millions of dollars for stain-glass windows and church organs?

It is so sad Ashlar that you are so uninformed talking on a messageboard that tries to "Deny Ignorance." No one doubts that Satanic rituals, etc. take place, but you are highly mistaken if you believe they have anything to do with Wicca or the spirit of Halloween. As LadyV said...those are nutcases...not Pagan Wiccan's, et al. Wiccan's do not believe in "Satan" so it is impossible for them to be "Satanic" in the slightest. There religion is based upon nature and duality (seasons, life, death, rebirth, etc.) as I stated before, and has nothing to do with evil.

If you refuse to hear the TRUTH and pay any attention to accurate HISTORY then there is nothing any of us can do for you. Seriously, have you ever read a single book with a non-Christian view of History, such as college textbooks, and any material for scholarly research? I still have a few college books laying around from my "Myth, Magic, Heresy, and Religion" class and others classes that you could take a look at.

PS- That Avatar of yours could be taken as offensive to some. What exactly are you trying to say about handi-capable individuals?

[edit on 17-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
I guess he also fails to realize that nearly every Christian holiday was borrowed from Pagan religions, quite noteably that of the early British and German religions and the Celts and Gauls. When Christianity became widespread they knew they would need a way to convert the "pagan hoards" to their religion, so what did they do? They simply took Pagan festivals and holidays and reworked them in order to show that Christianity was the "true" religion, and that what they believed was inspired by Satan. It was typical Christian practice, and was an easy way for them to convert the people instead of forcing the people to change everything. In a way, they adapted to Paganism, and Paganism adapted into Christianity.

I see from the comments made after your post - that some did not take the time to read it. I always get a chuckle out of the irony that Christianity is basically an amalgam of various pagan and cultural traditions, myths and beliefs - yet Christianity continues to condemn its roots.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

halloween is a celebration of evil. every thing that comes at halloween stems from evil.

halloween is your Holy day, and you get insulted if you are called evil. you are braindead

Halloween is who's holy day? Halloween is a day kids dress up and go get candy and I don't think many 7 year olds are lured into satanism by that. I doubt that Halloween steals kids away from their church and teaches them to denounce the god in which they believe.

Halloween, or All Hallows Eve aka All Saints Day was a Christian festival for quite a while.

Here's a great link from your friends and mine at the Catholic Church:
www.americancatholic.org...
My personal favorite quote from there "The temptation to mess with the occult (o-CULT) has been around for centuries" I found it amusing that the included a handy pronunciation guide for the word occult. Hmm maybe the amusement is all in my head along with satan.

My favorite quote for Ashlar: "The Church doesn't want you to fool around with the occult, but neither does it want you to be afraid that the devil lurks behind every bush. It's true that satanic cults exist. You may have heard of groups in your area by word of mouth, the way Tony did. Maybe you've seen classmates drawing upside-down stars (pentagrams) on their notebooks. Don't worry that they're satanists. Maybe they're just doodling!" ...behind every Bush... heehee..

Anyway, this link explains Halloween's connection to the Christian Church:
www.americancatholic.org...

*tssst* *tssst*

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone that took it upon themselves to diffuse the heat from earlier and be civil. Still had to conduct some minor business though from earlier posts, but the turnaround has been noted as well. And thank you for it.

FYI for this forum of strongly held beliefs: Please Consider How you Post in this Forum

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
And yes, Bleys, Jazzerman had an excellent post pointing out Christian holidays and their Pagan roots. And to think Christians celebrate Christmas on December 25 and believe it's the day of Jesus' birth

As for the offensive avatar post - is that a bong in the wheelechair stickman's hands?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I so hope you were not calling me braindead...
you don't even know your faith....I know my realign and yours too....you not only need to study a bit about the world and it's people around you, but you need to do some history on your own religion before you try a battle of wits on a bulletin board of people where many of them do study and are far more informed! Your embarrassing yourself....you do see that don't you...I hope you see it. Though they do say, ignorance is bless.....
I will prayer to the Lord and Lady that you may find understanding for others

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
try typing satanic + halloween in google and see what comes, maybe it is you who will be educated by the results. Satanism and halloween have a very real connection. you are claiming that halloween is exclusively yours to celebrate your flower ceremonies or whatever. you are wrong in that point and that is the only point that i have been trying to put across.

if you where more secure in your faith you would not have seen it as an attack against wicca, but an attack against satanism. (that doesnt make you any less contemptible though)

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

try typing satanic + halloween in google and see what comes, maybe it is you who will be educated by the results. Satanism and halloween have a very real connection. you are claiming that halloween is exclusively yours to celebrate your flower ceremonies or whatever. you are wrong in that point and that is the only point that i have been trying to put across.

if you where more secure in your faith you would not have seen it as an attack against wicca, but an attack against satanism. (that doesnt make you any less contemptible though)

You are so wrong. She never said it was "exclusively" hers to celebrate her "flower ceremonies". You say your from aussie but yet you know so much about an american event. Holloween to most people has nothing to do with satan. Your entire world must surround the internet if that is the only place you get your info from.

If you want to see evil, then watch Bush and his administration. Watch an old hitler documentary. That's evil, disguised in the form of the catholic religion. LadyV and Misfit as well as thier religion are the farthest from evil. Thier religion praises and worships things created by god. Unlike the catholic religion where they need to build grandious cathedrals with million dollar stain glass windows and golden idols.

Ashler have you ever walked and listened to nature? It is a very powerful feeling to actually hear what nature sounds like. I am not talking about going for a hike in the woods either. I am talking about listening to what nature has to say. Of course you have to listen with your heart, soul, spirit not with your ears. And yes nature is alive and it does have it's own voice and no it is not satan.

Please stop being an expert on something you know nothing about.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

OMG. If it's on the internet and Google, it must be true. Please. Read a real book every once in a while.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

your kids will most probably come across a few houses like this guys, full of evil weirdos who perform evil spells and rituals on the candy they give kids.

or worse they could find someplace like your house.

the last i looked the church doesnt need Organs, the clergy is pretty adept
with the ones they have.

try typing satanic + halloween in google and see what comes, maybe it is you who will be educated by the results.

yeah and most of that bovine feces is written by people like jack Chick & Co.
with their fundamentalist, evangelical point of view from which everyone
but them are satanists. come to think of it you do sound a lot like them.

it looks like if you want to completely divest you beliefs from paganism and its influences you will have to
stop services all together. asthe days of the week are as follows

English French "Planet"
Monday lundi Moon
Tuesday mardi Mars
Wednesday mercredi Mercury
Thursday jeudi Jupiter
Friday vendredi Venus
Saturday samedi Saturn
Sunday dimanche (Sun)

looks like if you are ok with numerology you might have 3 months to play with, if not you are pretty much SOL.

January
Named after the Roman god of beginnings and endings Janus (the month Januarius)

February
The name comes either from the old-Italian god Februus or else from februa, signifying the festivals of purification celebrated in Rome during this month.

March
This is the first month of the Roman year. It is named after the Roman god of war, Mars.

April
Called Aprilis, from aperire, "to open". Possible because it is the month in which the buds begin to open.

May
The third month of the Roman calendar. The name probably comes from Maiesta, the Roman goddess of honor and reverence.

June
The fourth month was named in honor of Juno. However, the name might also come from iuniores (young men; juniors) as opposed to maiores (grown men; majors) for May, the two months being dedicated to young and old men.

July
It was the month in which Julius Ceasar was born, and named Julius in his honor in 44 BCE, the year of his assasination. Also called Quintilis (fifth month).

August
Originally this month was called Sextilis (from sextus, "six"), but the name was later changed in honor of the first of the Roman emperors, Augustus (because several fortunate events of his life occured during this month).

September
The name comes from septem, "seven".

October
The name comes from octo, "eight"

November
The name comes from novem, "nine".

December
The name comes from decem, "ten".

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yet, in your previous posts:

your kids will most probably come across a few houses like this guys, full of evil weirdos who perform evil spells and rituals on the candy they give kids. also there is bound to be a few pedophiles among the hundreds of doors being knocked. it would take very little to kidnap children on halloween.

Those were directed at myself and LadyV, we are Wiccan.
Halloween is a celebration the passing of our elders and loved ones, NOT a celebration of evil and evil cantations.

Making your statement of "you would not have seen it as an attack against wicca" not only irrelevant, but contradictory to yourself.

Furthermore, you directly called us contemptible, that simply can not be misconstrued as anything BUT a personal attack.

Maybe you should read your own statements before making anymore, as you are deeply incriminating yourself.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
the comment you made was to the effect "christian parents would freak if they knew that the witches in my house are for real"

its your fault for putting it out there! you had to expect someone to bite.

I used the information in that post to form my next post. i didnt do any research to find out if you where using "good" majic or "evil" majic before judging you. i appologize.

anyways, i am coming to your house and will spill some water on you and the other witches like what happened in the wizard of oz (just kidding dont put a spell on me)

Misfit and LadyV, I shall cut down 10 trees in each of your names

but seriously though, take it easy.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Ashlar]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
stakingwolf i am aware of everything you said. and no, it doesnt make me feel like worshiping trees

je parle beaucoup de langes. je connait mes jours de la semaine.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Ashlar]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

stakingwolf i am aware of everything you said. and no, it doesnt make me feel like worshiping trees

Everytime you worship the Christian God you are worshiping "trees", because if you believe "it" created everything in existance then trees must be included. Polytheistic Pagan religions that worship more than one God believe that everything in creation is controlled by seperate entities. The most likely reason they believed such things as opposed to Christians is because they simply thought that each object of creation would have to be controlled by seperate "Gods".

Essentially...no matter what anyone on earth believes...whether you are Christian, Pagan, Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, etc. there is only one truth. If everyone on Earth (or nearly everyone) worships whatever "it" may be they are essentially worshiping the same idea. In this sense no specific religion is "right" or "wrong", but simply forming the basis of their religion on the needs of their culture. An example of this could be if a civilization was going through a drought and needed water to let their agrarian lifestyle continue. They would then have a socio-economic reason to formulate the idea of a certain "superior being" that could make it rain.

This is essentially how all religion started...it grew out of a necessity that a civilization or culture would have; to fill a void in both their lives and their needs. Thus, all religions become one in the same, and the only thing that seperates them is the influence of the people themselves (ie. adaptation and evolution based on needs).

Christianity grew from Judeaic religion, which essentially grew from Pagan religions. All religions are interconnected and most believe in the duality and balance of "good v. evil" or "life v. death". While Christians see Halloween festivals as "evil" and "satanic"; others see them completely different. Halloween (All Hallows Eve, etc. whatever you want to call it) celebrates the death of the Summer and later its eventual re-birth in Spring. From this "dying" world that we enter into during Fall comes the various rituals and beliefs that I clearly described before.

There are some stark differences throughout religions of the world however. Most notably would be that many Pagan religion celebrate Life, rebirth, and nature. In contrast with this Christianity, Islam, etc. celebrate Death and the afterlife and tell their followers that this world means nothing if your soul is not secure for the afterlife. So essentially, each are trying to achieve the same thing, but have a different "spin" on how it should be done. This idea is the only thing that seperates the Religions of the world...not so much "what" they believe, but "how" they believe it!

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join