It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Double posted - let the conspiracy theories about this begin......NOW

edit on 10/2/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Lizard, not rat.

* smokes pipe *

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

edit on 2-10-2012 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have believed that to be the case from the beginning. But more than being an experiment i believe it to be a dragnet in search of something or possibly someone. I think they know something is about to change but they are not quite sure how it will come about or what instruments may be utilized. " If the strongman had known what hour his house would be broken into he would have kept his goods secure....yet when one stronger comes he will bind the strongman and free the captives and divide the spoil." They know their days are numbered.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

The Universe is a lab.
Everyone is a rat.
Namaste.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
were really not that special

ATS gets watched like facebook, youtube, google, twitter get watched.

the problem for me lies in the furture, when the technology gets better...then i might as well change my avatar to me sitting naked, with half my body in xray.

i also rekon we are used by private firms..to test public opinion.

if ATS were honest with us..then they should tell us we are being watched, and make people change their alias for their real name...then people will most probably not come here for entertainment or a chat anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

As for watching us online in general? Humans are not even really all that necessary as I explained here.

You sure did, Hef. But that long laundry list of agencies is not really the subject matter of this thread...

It is commonly believed in these communities that ATS is in fact an experimental website...

The question is whether or not ATS is specifically engaging in this type of stuff, not those other guys.

By stretching it out to absolutely everyone that may be doing this to us, it drags the subject far from the source, and waters down any progress we might make in understanding the subject at hand, which is ATS and whether or not it is an intentional petri dish.

You moderated the thread by TheGUT where we made some headway on this. Did you not agree with the conclusions of that thread? You were there for the whole thing?

X.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Xoanon because: ?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
were really not that special

ATS gets watched like facebook, youtube, google, twitter get watched.

the problem for me lies in the furture, when the technology gets better...then i might as well change my avatar to me sitting naked, with half my body in xray.

i also rekon we are used by private firms..to test public opinion.

if ATS were honest with us..then they should tell us we are being watched, and make people change their alias for their real name...then people will most probably not come here for entertainment or a chat anymore.

Yes, like farcebook and all the rest. There is actually no such thing as anonymity. People still believe it though. Gives 'em big brass balls.. too.
The frightening thing is I dont mind if I am seen making sometimes controversial , seditious, or stupid statements by the govt or whomever. On that playing field I KNOW what I can expect. I do protect my identity from fellow posters, 'cause there are some wackadoodles here.

www.pcmag.com...
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

as long as our remarks are kept in context...and not used in propaganda against the site....i think ATS is a beacon..and the purity of the remarks, whether individuals like it or not...can only be a positive thing for our countries research...and i hope they dont ruin it with short sightedness...i mean where else can you find such a group of individuals...ATS is a market leader....

keep it pure..keep it real....for the benifit of our states and the people theirin......

peace and love
edit on 2-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I agreed with that thread in a manner of speaking. My "wheelhouse" is not UFO culture - nor do I have a personal predisposition towards being drawn to that subject matter. But I did agree with the psyop aspects discussed.

Many people have a desire to see the man behind the curtain. I do not. But what does pique my OCP traits is understanding how the man behind the curtain does his "magic". I could care less who he is, I want to understand what he does.

My rational for this is that if I understand the machine, then it doesn't matter who is behind the curtain. His identity is irrelevant because I have (to a degree) reverse engineered his machinery and can use his own weapon against him.

As for ATS being a petri dish? If it is, then it is one that is being allowed to grow and behave organically. There are a LOT of people who disagree because we have rules and you can't swear, attack, or discuss illegal things here. But all systems have rules. This petri dish has rules that keep it family friendly and civil. That's the long and the short of it. So if this is some experiment? Then, IMO, it's not tampered with ( at least not that I can detect ) in any manner than those that any other websites are subject to tampering ( trolling, tantrums, etc. )

~Heff

edit on 10/2/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't think, therefore I am not I am. 2nd line

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
More stuff to consider when wondering why anyone would be interested in what we are all writing about at ATS...

While Lind et al. (1989) underscored the expansion of the battlespace beyond professional militaries serving a rational state, the nature of perception in conflict deserves our attention.

The ability to shape the perception-and therefore the opinions-of a target audience is far more important than the ability to deliver kinetic energy, and will determine the ultimate victor in tomorrow's wars.

-Shane Deichman. Battling for Perception: Into the 5th Generation?

www.linkedin.com...

edit on 2-10-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by Advantage

as long as our remarks are kept in context...and not used in propaganda against the site....i think ATS is a beacon..and the purity of the remarks, whether individuals like it or not...can only be a positive thing for our countries reasearch...and i hope they dont ruin it with short sightedness...i mean where else can you find such a group of individuals...ATS is a market leader....

keep it pure..keep it real....for the benifit of our states and the people theirin......

peace and love
edit on 2-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

Absolutely. Nowhere but here have I had the ability to meet several truly extraordinary people from different parts of this world that I would not have met if not for the opportunity we have here.

As far as kept in context and etc.. even with a certain person who was a member here and found himself in the news for a heinous crime.. his handling by the ATS members themselves fantastic on the whole. Now, these things speak for themselves. The overwhelming response of the membership outweighs the minority here who are either idiots or purposefully disrupting things. Our membership and the oh so horrid draconian moderation of it ( sarcasm.. heavily) has thus far been self correcting any problems suffered by other boards.. some thriving on ther paranoia and fear and chaos much of which is manipulated by its owners and moderation "team" or perhaps one with multiple personalities.

And before the same old whine surfaces about ATS cooperating with govt agencies. Guess what? SO DO ALL OTHER BOARDS.. including the "god" Alex Jones ( which several of us saw first hand some time ago.. even when he tried to make it seem as if he was bucking the system.. hehe!) and others.. including your individual ISPs and email providers. When information is legally requested you comply. End of story.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Being a lab rat is one thing.
Being a directed,guided and influenced rat is another thing.
Let's just hope at someone out there loves us.

edit on 2-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Xoanon

I agreed with that thread in a manner of speaking. My "wheelhouse" is not UFO culture - nor do I have a personal predisposition towards being drawn to that subject matter. But I did agree with the psyop aspects discussed.

Thanks, I have been interested in getting your opinion. I thought that an interesting effect, experienced by me, anyhow, from the information that we gathered, was that it lifted the whole thing out of the realm of UFOs, and allowed us to just look at the system that we surmise that they have in place; albeit, through a glass darkly.

Many people have a desire to see the man behind the curtain. I do not. But what does pique my OCP traits is understanding how the man behind the curtain does his "magic". I could care less who he is, I want to understand what he does.

I am the other way around. You are correct, as you know, when you say that all it takes is a few people to 'man the scope', so to speak, on the experiment. To be more specific, what these people are doing is database analysis. And considering the implications of what we found, Hef, don't you think that the people that do that type of analysis should be almost like an elected priesthood, or something? I do, I know that seems extreme, but if one really starts to understand the implications of what they are doing one might agree with me.

When this stuff is kept in the dark it is very unhealthy for the subjects of the experiment and for the experimenter.

My rational for this is that if I understand the machine, then it doesn't matter who is behind the curtain. His identity is irrelevant because I have (to a degree) reverse engineered his machinery and can use his own weapon against him.

Well, you have my opinion on the irrelevancy of the operator on the system, but as far as the identity of at least one of the 'prime movers', we have him nailed, don't we?

Although I appreciate your candor and bravery, I know that you remember the stuff from that thread on the kinds of computers and software that make what these folks do possible.

Fact is though, you are right, Hef, the kind of talent these folks wish to wield cannot really be controlled and centralized. A laptop will just about do it for the right person.

As for ATS being a petri dish? If it is, then it is one that is being allowed to grow and behave organically.

But that is exactly not what is happening. Oh, I am sure it does to a degree. But we know from that thread that the technicians are injecting discreet organisms in to the mix in the form of 'memes' (specifically). It is a tag and release thing and they watch the movements and actions of their creatures with their 'data scope'.

These meme organisms can be released anywhere. Part of the fun is likely watching to see how soon they make it back to ATS and in what condition, and then...

well, you read the thread.

I apologize to the membership for referring to 'that thread'. I have not decided what to do about that yet.

Thanks, Hef.

X.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Xoanon because: HTML blues

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

And thats why I love following your posts, I was just being sarcastic, but I'm sure you knew that.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Literally the entirety of the publicly visible internet could be used for such purposes... and indirectly or directly probably is in many instances, in my opinion.

For that reason, all I can do is be myself, voice my honest opinions, and not worry about what is done with that information. I am an open book. That information is available regardless of whether I air my thoughts and feelings here, or in a discussion with you on the street. I would rather express myself than not for fear of data mining. I am not responsible for what others do with my thoughts, and I am comfortable with and cognizant of my intentions.

I will let the consequences be what they will be. Peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Oh, FTR... if you want to see the machine the wizard uses - here is a scale model.

Take the abstracts there and begin thinking outside the box regarding application.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Heuristics is only one approach to running the machine.

Had you come to the conclusion that the wizard was and is the CIA?

For many of us the yellow brick road seemed to lead to a different wizard...

The Men In Black (OPs) The Aviary and UFOs

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

The CIA isn't the Wizard... but it is that little guy in green who answers the door when one knocks asking for a heart, courage, or a brain.

~Heff

ETA: Combine the two machines.... then think 10 years ahead of what we have now in the public domain. Imagine a world where the fifteen blogs you wrote on Blogspot could be used to check for word patterns, predispositions, typo's.... everything... and then fed through a series of matrices designed to "label".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join