It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If you are a member of other fringe forums, you may be familiar with the rumors.
If ATS is the only forum you visit, you may or may not find this thread in bad taste.

It is commonly believed in these communities that ATS is in fact an experimental website where members are given data and their reaction and/or knowledge is observed and recorded.

Now before all the mockery begins, i'd like for you to take a minute, take a deep breath and tell me how this would affect you if it turned out to be true.

Would you still come here?
Would you think twice before you post?

(Ironically most people here dont really care it seems, as long as they think this place is for their own good, they dont really care about being used or watched.)
edit on 2-10-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Yes I would still come here and yes I would still post. Just so they have that statistical anomaly in their research. A bit of random chaos to keep them on their toes.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

i know that the American gov definitely has eyes in here at the least, it wouldn't be to far fetched to think its there site to begin with. but yes i would still come here cause i do gain knowledge from this place

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I think that in the grand ol scheme of things it really would not matter. I would be way more concerned if ats had my credit card details.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Yea, There in it just like every other whore on the net. But of course they "didn't sell out they bought in!"
But should I worry, don't think so. FCC is a little higher on my list.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
In a world of meme warfare, guerilla fighters are needed.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
[shhhh.......don't tell our secret.]

No seriously, I enjoy other peoples thoughts and ideas, even if some of the posters get, um, .....well, you know

Oh, and to answer your question, yes I would still come here.
I've got nothing to hide or be ashamed of......I think.

edit on 2-10-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
But in all honesty the question seems pretty redundant to me... we all post here knowing it's a public message board where anyone can read what we post. I bet ATS has been data-mined plenty of times, by intelligence agencies and by universities doing research. It's not like any of those other forums are any more protected from the same type of data-mining. What makes them think their posts on their forum aren't being monitored and collected?
edit on 2/10/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

You've just described Google, Yahoo, any and all online surveys, what happens when you use either your credit or your debit card, the information that your cable company compiles when you use "on demand", and any number of other daily or customary activities.

I might also point out that one can go to almost any conspiracy based site and see that it's not just ATS that gets singled out with these types of accusations.

Now, either I'm an honest guy making honest statements... or I'm a highly trained NSA employee, or Cybercommand technician, sitting at work and going through the unbelievably taxing ordeal of trying to create a fake persona - that is contrived and doesn't represent me at all.

The Internet is awesome. But it's also a place where one can say anything they wish. And, if they're smart, then can even make it appear to be well sourced and true. Last night, for example, I came across a thread based upon a blog, that blog - in turn - was based upon another blog which was, in turn - based upon yet another blog. About eight blogs deep into it I realized that I'd found a circle. There was no actual source beyond the circle of blogs.

Misinformation, disinformation, lies, memes, trolling, keyboard courage, the rantings of the depraved, stealth marketing, people who hoax for kicks... all out there. And much of it really appears legit. But isn't.

On these sites you're referencing that ATS resolves to Langley, Virginia. With some very simple tools and a bit of know-how you can disprove this on your own.

Which leads me to my point. Always question what you read online - even what I'm saying. Check, double check, and then still suspect.

This amazing place gives everyone a voice - and some of those voices just love the lulz and other have agendas.

Personally, I have OCD and ADHD so my agendas are cunning and evil, but I lose interest in them after about eight minutes because I get distracted by shiny stuff.

~Heff

ETA: Do I get another "oh.... you..."? I The first one made me smile!

edit on 10/2/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock
(Ironically most people here dont really care it seems, as long as they think this place is for their own good, they dont really care about being used or watched.)

Let's say I didn't come here, it's not like they wouldn't still be doing the exact same thing, I just wouldn't have gained as much knowledge as I have. Not that the knowledge does me any good, I can't change anything, but curiosity is hard to suppress.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Even if it were true and that the government and security agencies were on here checking on people it wouldn't really bother me. It's not like I don't have most of my personal info posted on sites like Facebook. It's a bit too late to worry about it now.

Take what you want from ats. If you are worried leave and don't post anymore information or your views. It's that simple. I like the community here, I like a lot of the members, so I'm happy to take the risk

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Hell no. I come here for the laughs

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Sure id still come here. Does a test tube babe receive less care than a real one.

link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock

It is commonly believed in these communities that ATS is in fact an experimental website where members are given data and their reaction and/or knowledge is observed and recorded.

Now before all the mockery begins, i'd like for you to take a minute, take a deep breathe and tell me how this would affect you if it turned out to be true.

Well, I certainly admire ATS's ability to turn a profit with banner advertising, a thing that as far as I am aware, few other sites manage.

At the end of the day though, ATS is just a conspiracy website. No one particularity cares what gets posted here beyond the owners, mods and posters.

It generates quite a bit of traffic though so it allows us to feel that we are on our soapbox and speaking to a wide audience.

Would I still come back if I was the lab rat? I thought I already did.

link   
Clif High from web bot would agree with you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

What's the difference between here and anywhere else you go in life? Your every move is tracked on CCTV, your bank statement is a paper trail of your whereabouts every month, and just about everyone is tweeting their worthless lives away on Failbook or Twitter every minute of every day. So the government and the corporations that run them have all they need before they even come here to see what kind of person you are and what you may be up to.

Besides, if we're gonna get taken down by the gubment for speaking our minds, I'd rather it be for an intelligent statement on a public forum about the state of the world than "I just had cornflakes for breakfast" on Failbook...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Well, being a conspiracy buff and thinking there is an alien or intelligence officer behind every weird event, so to speak, I would not stop posting here because I simply enjoy it too much. I've met great people and would not want that to change.

I am of the opinion that the alphabet agencies may very well be monitoring this site, both covertly and overtly posing as members and being "seed planters". I would suggest that if they wanted me, posting on ATS is of little consequence.

Everything I know, they have know for years so I am not a threat to them.

Now, on the other hand, if I happen to get a Vid of something which may effect [cough] "national Security" [cough] then it will be embedded and physically distributed first - but I would still post it here.

S&F.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: modified comment

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Why do they think we post?

I post because I know what Im typing is going to be read.

Thats why I try not to post ignorantly about subjects I have no knowledge of or trying to convince others that I do.
I find the forum Im comfortable in, and I go off like a spider monkey.

If they are not reading it, maybe I am on the wrong website. but I dont think thats the case.

I know they read a lot of the stuff on here, it is the number one (most visited)conspiracy website.

Dont say stupid crap on the net and you should be fine.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
ATS is a LAB and we are the RATS,

Could someone show me the door to the breeding room ,?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I would have to agree that these forums like ATS and GLP were either created for that specific reason. Or at least co-opted/monitored to show how much on track we are / being able to easily identify leaked information that's 0-Day hot off the lips from a whistle blower.

Does knowing/ Having this opinion change my want to post or even visit? Not at all

Im sure amongst all the theories I subscribe to I may have fallen for a piece of dis-info or obfuscated information. But overall I feel I have a great grasp on what's going on around us in 2012. Who are the key players involved in the phrase "The Powers That Be"... Rothschild amongst many others. And the generalised goals they have.

So No... I don't mind that my posts are monitored by said groups. Infact I hope I have been flagged as a potential threat by TPTB by my outspoken opinions which I feel are in the right direction.

I hope they have me on file and MILLIONS more! I hope the vast numbers of human minds finally understanding the grand deception mortifies them

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join