It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey You!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yes you, the guy or girl sitting at the computer.

You know who you are, yes ...you! Do me a favor will ya? I promise I wont bite.... hard
lol Joke.
Seriously though, just a favor. But before I ask this...

I need your unconditional trust ok?

Bare with me for this is cool....

Are you ready?

Okay here goes...

Since you are at the computer, open Firefox, or whatever many browsers you have. Next, continue on opening a lot of programs. Keep going, don't be shy. There is a reason for this.

Next on the Firefox browser, opera, or w/e, open many tabs at once, try going to YouTube in a few of them. Open that Facebook account, or twitter, (which ever profile if you have them). Open any preferable website, Open windows media player, Microsoft word, or that PDF viewer to read e-books. Got Photoshop? open that too!

You might start noticing, that your computer is starting to become slow or sluggish. But don't let this stop you, add a few more programs to the mix. But if by now your computer is unbearably slow, ...don't fret, experiment with the frustration for a bit as you watch the cursor probably moving very...very slowly.

If you got the blue screen of death by the way and just recovered and now reading this, there is a point to this post, but my apologies on the lack of memory on your pc.

To those still frustrated with their pc's being slow, observe yourselves a bit more. Feel the frustration of being unable to move because of what you are now thinking of as "Junk" opened on the computer. If the word "Junk" doesn't resonate, then perhaps you can define it with a better word of your choosing. The point is, you should feel some regret by having opened so many programs at once, and it is now causing your computer to feel stress.

You opened needless programs at once when the computer would be best when running just a single program . It is safe mode, and the moment of comfort your computer gains when it doesn't have to stress over so many things at once.

Begin clicking those "X's", yea you know... the ones to close the programs. You may have been stuck at one point, but least you are finally able to move as you click more and more x's. You are closing the programs, and slowly but surely you are feeling relieved as your cursor is moving more and more freely across the screen.

The CPU is now normalizing, and the heat of your motherboard is now cooling. The system is becoming stable the more programs you close and click. (if you are more experienced, then you probably used task manager). Notice how the computer is being more free to move when moments ago it probably was freezing? Feels good doesn't it? You can almost feel what the computer feels. The dumping of garbage and you allow the computer to focus on running on the programs that matters at that moment. It gives the attention to the programs that you need more attention from and it is free to do so without stress. The computer is focusing on the now.

Now sit back a moment, and compare this to the human brain. We carry thousands of times more programs than a computer does. And we have an overload of processing information every day. Wouldn't it be cool to shut off unwanted programs from the brain, and free it up from all that nonsense? Wouldn't it be cool for the human brain to just focus on what matters at the moment?

If only there was a way.... oh yes, there is, it's you :O

Just like the computer, so can you with your own brain. You are the master of your own house, so clean it up, and stop being lazy. You may want to delete those unwanted files that takes up massive storage from your pc while you are at it. All it does is slow your computer down.
The same could be said with the human brain.

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2-10-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/2/2012 by Blaine91555 because: All caps used in the thread title.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I wish I could. You know when you first wake up in the morning and the first programme your brain opens is a regret from the day before and then it won't stop analysing that regret for the next half hour or so... And then it opens up another programme of a regret from 3 weeks ago and then these two regrets start intertwining and then these two regrets intergrate into a third regret... and then you have to go to work with your day already ruined by all the regrets from previous days at work and then... Bad day ahead.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

So you are telling us to clear our brains of useless knowledge?

There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

But hey maybe if I do that I can come up with such a waste of time thread like this, congratz!

We don't need an entire thread devoted to some guy/girl telling other people how to think.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

So you are telling us to clear our brains of useless knowledge?

There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

But hey maybe if I do that I can come up with such a waste of time thread like this, congratz!

We don't need an entire thread devoted to some guy/girl telling other people how to think.

What I posted was an analogy of what stress is. I used the metaphor of the computer to compare the stress of the human brain. I am not telling people how to "think:. I was merely showing a new perspective on stress and how to deal with it. Based on an observation I made.

edit on 2-10-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I wish I could. You know when you first wake up in the morning and the first programme your brain opens is a regret from the day before and then it won't stop analysing that regret for the next half hour or so... And then it opens up another programme of a regret from 3 weeks ago and then these two regrets start intertwining and then these two regrets intergrate into a third regret... and then you have to go to work with your day already ruined by all the regrets from previous days at work and then... Bad day ahead.

Im sure you are more than likely a great person to party with.

- Just for the record- I didnt give the OP my full trust. I did not follow his instructions but imagined someone who did- and it was pretty funny

I have a memory I dont like- Ill just mix over it with a full frontal nudity memory and re-record.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Sounds to me like your in a cycle of making bad decisions . Maybe you should take a course or read a book on how to make decisions...we all make poor choices at some time during our lives. It's human nature. The difference is recognizing that and striving to not do that again. But should you do something you regret, you need to hit it head on. Apologize right away, or own it by admitting it outright. Don't let it fester....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

People become to scattered and need to slow themselves down and reboot so to speak sometimes.
We are just like a crappy windows operating system, we get overloaded sometimes and need that reboot or to just shut everything off and take a few minutes to cool down.
Excellent Observation!

s&f

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You know there is a natural system the body/brain uses to do exactly this, and it does it for you all day every day.

It is called your subconscious mind. It controls the systems of your body, autonomic and sympathetic systems. The Pituitary and Thyroid which work in harmony with other parts of the body to maintain balance of hormones. You body temperature, breathing, heartbeat. All this programs running in the background and you don't need to give them a second thought.

And we forget about it. As you would. But we should take time to remember it. It can be used to help you.

You can ask your subconscious mind to help with all sorts of things. To wake you after an hour if you want a nap. Yes, it will do it. To help you break your addiction. To help you control panic attacks. Learning stuff, performing in exams. Ask it to just give you the info you need as you need it and it will. Through meditation, or self hypnosis you can ask your mind to do all sorts of stuff. And it will. So you can forget about all the other stuff going on, shut down all that other stress, and just deal with what you are doing. Then when it is done do the next thing. Doing each ting like it was the only job you have. Makes life much easier, and less stressful. And it's free! :O)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh OP! That was such an excellent metaphor ! Haha, made me smile. That very modern approach to the human brain, was really ingenious. I'll give you credits on that, It is great what you are applying here. I would like everyone to use this approach for your mind certainly. Remove all those programs and processes and you will feel a greater freedom, than what social equality or rights can give you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks for commenting everyone. Glad to see the awareness in this forum, along with the open mindedness.

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6
Oh OP! That was such an excellent metaphor ! Haha, made me smile. That very modern approach to the human brain, was really ingenious. I'll give you credits on that, It is great what you are applying here. I would like everyone to use this approach for your mind certainly. Remove all those programs and processes and you will feel a greater freedom, than what social equality or rights can give you.

The fact that I made someone smile made me smile. Thank you for your post,

Namaste

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I am actually a pearty animal! Seriously!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I knew it!

Cherish and honor your gift cause most people suck.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I more or less agree to your post and thank you. Though i'm using my netbook now to post this, my PC with 8gb RAM can handle much more programs. Hence that capacity is installed. To process more simultaneously. I maybe wrong but i think one has to have the ability to look at the big picture.

If you are just opening one program at a time, i think we are under utilising the equipment. I understand its the spiritual thing but i kinda feel first you gotta catch up with things that passed by while simultaneously dealing with present.

That said i myself have overloaded a few times in the past and i have changed a lot from those times. And much at peace with myself and my world. I have not yet reached that point of living in here and now. But it will happen, suddenly. One experience that changed me profoundly was a vision kinda thing that happened when i was wide awake.

I expanded and i could not stop. and it was all zooming out and after a point it felt like falling or rising through galaxies, i couldnt describe the way i was moving. Everything was just a shiny dot in the endless motion
. And after what seemed like a lot of time i came back to the subjective world.

After this i lost my faith in religions but became kind of agnostic one may say and i have read lots and lots of books to find a way to understand that and hopefully something what one may call the miracle happens again.

Still searching for me i guess.

Thanks for the post,
Cheers,
Jay

edit on 6-10-2012 by ape88 because: smiley mistake

top topics

join