It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Bara's ridiculous claim re: Ancient Aliens on the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm sure that you've heard of Mike Bara, shadow of Richard Hoagland and co-author of Hoagland's book "DARK MISSION". Mr Bara is one of UFOlogy's fleas and the best dirt on him can be found on the superb website "THE EMOLUMENTS OF MARS" where EXPAT and associates drag Bara through the mud pointing out how mis-educated Bara really is. I can say with pride that I caught a mistake in the book that Bara never let me forget about with his blatant insults, which seem to be his calling card.

I was just over at "EMOLUMENTS..." to see the latest and EXPAT includes a link to Bara's Picasa website which feature photos from Bara's latest effort titled "Ancient Aliens on the Moon". On Chapters 1-3 I saw a photo I was familiar with since the early 1980s when the photo was featured on two lunar anomalies books, George Leonard's "SOMEONE ELSE IS ON THE MOON" and Fred Steckling's "WE DISCOVERED ALIEN BASES ON THE MOON" Both books featured the photo in varying quality and both made dissimilar claims. Later, a feature seen on the photo went viral with the stupidest of claims which I also tried to have removed from some websites and succeeded.

So here is the photo from Bara's Picasa photo gallery with a stupid claim in the caption. Why Bara used that low quality image when he could have used the image I include proves he is trying to hoax the gullible. Of course he wouldn't dream of using the image I show 'cause then he wouldn't be able to make the claim. And, conveniently, Bara leaves out information about the crater so that you can't find it. I'll post more as I find them. See for yourself.

Lobachevskiy is a lunar impact crater that is located on the far side of the Moon, beyond the eastern limb. This crater lies to the southeast of the larger crater Fleming. Less than a crater diameter to the east-northeast lies Guyot.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
I'm sure that you've heard of Mike Bara, shadow of Richard Hoagland
I have to wonder if Bara and Hoagland really believe their own stories, or if they really know better and are just taking advantage of the gullible.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

lol Are you Stewart? I was listening to Coast to Coast AM last week I think and Bara complained about some dude, named Stewart I think, that constantly discredits or attempts to discredit his "research". Stewart called into the show and schooled Bara pretty well.

If that was you, great job.

I don't trust Hoagland or Bara... nothing but outlandish claims that never amount to anything.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Its like every messenger need to be a cook just to discredit those who are ready to accept possibilities, or open minds.
The idea of the moon being inhabited by some sort of anomalies first came to me from Luna Cognita on Apollo 17 and "Jack" Schmitt. Its worth a look, alot of stuff on Luna Cognita youtube channel is really well done.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by The Shrike
I'm sure that you've heard of Mike Bara, shadow of Richard Hoagland
I have to wonder if Bara and Hoagland really believe their own stories, or if they really know better and are just taking advantage of the gullible.

I have wondered about that also but in all fairness the same thing has to be said about Stanton Friedman, Don Schmitt, and all of the popular authors who write their buns off and never supply evidence for what they want the gullible to believe so that they can continue writing and selling books and being "invited" to speak to people who shell out big bucks.

The troubling aspect, for me, is that these people allegedly have a high education. But what I think they learned is that the gullible are a gold mine. Which is why I enjoy and recommend the website THE EMOLUMENTS OF MARS 'cause a great job is done there taking Hoagland and Bara apart claim by claim. Try it, you'll like it!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead

lol Are you Stewart? I was listening to Coast to Coast AM last week I think and Bara complained about some dude, named Stewart I think, that constantly discredits or attempts to discredit his "research". Stewart called into the show and schooled Bara pretty well.

I don't trust Hoagland or Bara... nothing but outlandish claims that never amount to anything.

It's easy for any intelligent, well-read person to be a "Stewart". I'm not the Stewart Bara complains about but I did have a nice big victory over him and Hoagland in 2008 and Bara tried to backpedal and ended up just insulting me which is his calling card: Another "nail" in Hoagland's "coffin"!
Hoagland makes HUGE mistake in assumption. - Started by SkepticalEd , Jul 08 2008 03:30 AM
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Mike Bara found an image of what he says is a ziggurat on the far side of the Moon, on the 'Call of Duty Zombies' fourm. Supposedly it's a detail in this Apollo 11 image:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

However, it isn't there. Mike claims NASA blacked it out, but they didn't black out, in the same image, a gun emplacement, a parked spacecraft, a drill, a crane,and a beach house. This is all from chapter 9 of his book.

DOES THIS HAVE ANY CREDIBILITY WHATSOEVER??

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asertus
Mike Bara found an image of what he says is a ziggurat on the far side of the Moon, on the 'Call of Duty Zombies' fourm. Supposedly it's a detail in this Apollo 11 image:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

However, it isn't there. Mike claims NASA blacked it out, but they didn't black out, in the same image, a gun emplacement, a parked spacecraft, a drill, a crane,and a beach house. This is all from chapter 9 of his book.

Geez!

What the hell kind of question is that?

OF COURSE it has no credibility.

Harte

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Stewart? May be Stewart Swerdlow. I believe he thinks there are aliens on the moon, but don't quote me.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Stewart? May be Stewart Swerdlow. I believe he thinks there are aliens on the moon, but don't quote me.

Googled the name and one source is youtube where I viewed the real short (thank god!) video titled "Stewart Swerdlow - Moon is a space ship". The guy has a right to make a fool of himself and he does it beautifully. But he's not the problem, the audience is! What's wrong with the members of the audience who actually are listening to his fantasy garbage? I could never attend such a presentation.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well, this great mind tried to get average minds to discuss mindless people.

Edward Lopez

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

I think dark mission was pretty good. Today he just jumps on everything and makes the most sensational claims!!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asertus

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Problem is, you can imagine anything you want if you keep staring the images long enough.

For example...

Why is there what appear to be an M1 Abrams driving around in a crater on the moon? Of course it could be a Leopard as well. But the turret is a little too small and round... OMG ITS RUSSIAN?!!?!??!

(yes this is actually from your pic. Scaled up slightly, rotated 90 degrees)
edit on 6-10-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Its sad when it comes to childish insults and aggressive ranting when discussing conspiracies...Its the true sign of a defeat, accepting that you are wrong kicks the psycological defenses into action resulting in mindless insults.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
uh oh, if john lear sees this there's gonna be a cat fight !!!!!

new topics

top topics

join