It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To All Republican Office Holders And Candidates For Office:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Why do you refuse to see it is only the constituents who can hold them to the pledge? Norquist has no power. The pledge is non binding. The binding force is the VOTE of the constituents. That is all. Nothing else. Maybe you just don't get the idea of following through with campaign pledges because you vote Democrat. Before you start, I am not Republican, and tend to despise them only SLIGHTLY less than Democrats, I do not like either party and call them both out on foolishness.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I don't vote party line. You'd be right about all of this if the electorate thought completely independently, but in reality most thought is passed from top to bottom. The top on this one is Norquist, and his no tax pledge influences more than half of congress. He holds positions in some of the most prestigious organizations in the world. He's a powerful guy, and is not susceptible to being voted out of political power because his occupation is a lobbyist.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I am sure there is. But I don't think that the Democratic party has a singular influence as strong as Norquist. And this guys been at it a LONG time. Even during the Clinton and Obama years.

~Heff

No? How about George Soros? George Soros, among many other leftists, is behind the OWS movement. He is also a member of the CFR, not to mention that he is a multi-billionare and has as great, or more influence as Norquist.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Soros cannot run candidates against democrats he doesn't like. He tried, he failed. Norquist can do that, try again. Commence your red baiting now.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
excellent questions.

Grover Norqvist was not elected to represent the American people.

However, we have republicans in government whos sole loyalty is to this man, not the to people who elected them to their congressional seat.
The idea that Grover Norqvist is running the current republican party through his pledge is very real. No one voted for Norqvist, yet his ideas are the only ones being represented. This is how far the wealthy will go to ensure that the wealth gap continues on its increasing scale.

Grover Norqvist wants to destroy the middle class and to continually enable the wealthy to receive subsidies and tax breaks. That is all he cares about, and the fact that half of our government officials are pandering to him, is an indication that our nation is sick and that millions upon millions of voters need to wake up.

What kind of republic do have when an unelected man with a pledge can submit their ideas to congress and receive overwhelming support which is in direct opposition to the American people?

Of course no one enjoys paying taxes, but when taxes are a reality and compromises must be made in order to move forward, having a pledge does nothing but throw a wrench into works. The current pledge is nothing but an unrealistic, childish attempt at outing The President. Grover Norqvist should subsequently be removed from anything in government and given 60 doughnuts a week to keep him busy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Well said Heff, Flags & Stars all the way down the line! All I want to know is where can I sign on to the letter? This should be presented in the form of a petition, and not just to Congress, but to the Attorney General as well.

IMO, their allegiance to Grover Norquist and his minions is contradictory to and in violation of, every sworn oath they haven taken as elected representatives. On another note, if justice were to have been served, Ralph Reed and Grover Norquist would have been cell mates with Jack Abramoff.

www.thenation.com...#

Grover Norquist's Culture of Corruption

I’ve got another question: who cares what Norquist says and why does he still have any credibility left? Just a few years ago he was a central player in the Jack Abramoff scandal, using his connections to launder nearly $1 million from Abramoff’s Indian tribe clients to conservative activist Ralph Reed and Christian anti-gambling groups who were fighting a proposed state lottery in Alabama, according to an extensive report by the Senate Indian Affairs Committee.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has signed onto the Norquist pledge should be immediately removed from office and permanently barred from ever again running for political office at any level.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Hefficide

You obviously do not understand contract law. Their behavior is in no way controlled by that peice of paper. They can do whatever they want. There are no legal repurcussions. Research what is needed for a contract to be enforceable.

Contract law is a straw man here. I do understand influence peddling, extortion, propaganda, and the utter hypocrisy of hiding a political agenda machine behind the auspices of a non-profit - something the IRS has apparently also noticed. He is a tax lobbyist with an agenda who has masqueraded his agenda as a social program.

Fixating upon whether his contracts are legally binding or not is rather irrelevant. The contract is symbolic - the results of having your name on ( or not on ) the list of those who signed it are very real. The man has created something of a humanistic cult - with taxation as the core cause. And he's influencing our government with it.

It's as legally binding as a baptism. Now go ask a few folks who seriously they take their baptismal duties.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Soros is a possible suspect.

My gut feeling is that if I keep at this long enough I'll finally come to a place where all roads lead to just a very small handful of people, from both Parties end up in the same bed. And I further suspect that I might well find people who, in the public eye, seem to be polar opposites or enemies... only to discover that they're actually peas in a pod.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Good thread. Im English so I dont know how things go over there. Are these pledges, oaths or contracts? If they break them? Can you not then recall these people? For failing to honour their oaths/contracts?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Recalls are rare here. I happen to live in a state that elected, as its Governor, a man who had to leave Washington level office because of business impropriety based ethics censuring.

Most Americans are totally unaware of politics. When a race for any office comes along, we tend to only pay attention to the soundbytes, commercials, an article or two, and maybe watch a debate. And that's about it. Rarely to folks Google their candidates and check for facts, history, prior issues, etc.

ATS'ers, for course, for the most part, are the exceptions to that general rule.

~Heff

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join