It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know Romney is evil, but I am voting for him anyway. Men's Rights in focus for a change.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have just submitted an alert, not against you or your posts per se, but asking for a review of this entire thread, as I think the high volume of personal attacks and insults against the OP is totally uncalled-for and contrary to both the spirit and the letter of ATS terms and conditions.

Regards,

FailedProphet.
edit on 10/2/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
reply to post by Destinyone

I have just submitted an alert, not against you or your posts per se, but asking for a review of this entire thread, as I think the high volume of personal attacks and insults against the OP is totally uncalled-for and contrary to both the spirit and the letter of ATS terms and conditions.

Regards,

FailedProphet.
edit on 10/2/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

We have control issues...it seems....

Des

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

Since we're going full-disclosure, I alerted a moderator to your "lefty" comment earlier.

Back to the topic at hand.

Other than custody cases where men sometimes get slighted, what else constitutes your rationale for "men's rights"?

I think we already have the right to do pretty much what we want, even in the face of progress made by the women's rights movement. It's sad but true. It doesn't give any of us males a pass to do what we want though.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I think you need to consider a few "flaws" in your logic......The OP set the "tone" by starting this thread with a pretty hateful and unflattering opnion of women, and is willing to vote for a person he believes is evil to somehow "punish" feminists.

I personally don't think I'm a feminist, and actually would have loved being able to stay home with my child, just wasn't an option for me....there
was an agenda to put women in the work force in mass, and it was sponsered by some very "evil" Romney types....but that aside, it's a much deeper subject then a bunch of "feminists" trying to destroy men.

I took the time to respond to the OP's posts in a respectful way, and made some very valid points I believe that he completely ignored, and did not respond to my post....so it's my observation he has no real interest in a meaningful "debate".....

edit on 3-10-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

You are not alone. A lot of people feel just like you. In fact I think if you are in the GOP you pretty much described the majority of the party. You'll fit right in.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

From my experience it all centers around how the same issues are handled differently depending on sex, and the portrayal of men in general. There are many rules and laws that are made (rightly so) that are only taken seriously when it is the woman who is making an allegation or a man seen committing the offense, where as if the woman was seen doing the same thing there is more compassion involved and less action taken or if it is the man making the allegation it is seen as nothing or no action is taken.

Equal rights means equal rights, not "well he's a man so he can take it" or "well she is female so we must side with her". That is the basis for equal rights no matter what it is, so that everybody is treated exactly the same in every situation.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thread closed for staff review and to allow all the participants to get a breath of fresh air.

Closed.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join