It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama appoints wife of Univision owner to UN diplomatic post

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Common Good

They're going to need an even bigger false flag to cover this crap up.

Currency debacle? US bankruptcy? QE3 is definetly headed that way.

No gov't checks going out? No Social security, no welfare, no food stamps?

All the gov't agencies are pretty much armed up by now.

pretty much why im making better friends with all my gun carrying friends ^9 might try for a permit this month then go get me a .308,, its higher than what they are buying ^^

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Looks like an attempt at appeasement by Obama.
He gives her an Ambassador-ship, gets Univision off his back.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Americans will never stand for it, NEVER

Americans buy into the 'yes we can' rhetoric and are too busy eating supersized Mcdonalds meals and watching Springer to even notice. By the time people figure out what is going on .. it'll be too late.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Question is Univision a Mexican or US company ? If its a Mexican company, how could he appoint someone as a diplomat, plus its still ilegal to take campaign funds from foreign countries or its residents so i thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It's too bad Mitt Romney is the worst Presidential Candidate since Bob Dole. This should have been a shoe in for any competent Republican

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
No shock to me. The USA is now a Fascist country. To be more specific it is Corporatism. The merging of Corporations and State. Our Government, at every level, has people from big Corporations appointed within it. Now it is no longer hidden or covered up, it is right in your face and guess what?

The people of the US will do nothing about it. They will accept it and they will take it. This Country is full of cowards and stupid people who have no idea how dangerous this is yet still believe they live in a "Free Country" cause the media tells them they do. Yet the reality is, when you are arrested and heavily fined for the crime of collecting rainwater, you are not living in a free country.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If there is a War on Drugs and the Cartels and our DOJ through the ATF and FBI supplied those forces with weapons, isn't that a treasonable offense?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think this has more to do with Haim Saban then Univision.

The Obama administration has nominated Cheryl Saban, wife of Israeli-American billionaire Haim Saban to be the U.S. representative to the upcoming session of the United Nations General Assembly.

Saban — a mega-donor who was at one time the top giver to the Democratic Party — has been intensely courted by the Obama campaign to try to level the playing field between the Democrats and big-money outside groups.

He was a staunch supporter of Hillary Clinton in 2008, and largely sat out the general election that year after President Obama clinched the nomination. But this cycle, he wrote a check to the Obama campaign for the first time. And over the summer, he finally donated $1 million to super PACs backing Democrats.

He recently penned an op-ed in the New York Times, defending Obama's polices in Israel and announcing his full support for the president.

politico.com

So I see this more as an award for his contributions to the campaign & super PACs. (If you internet search 'Haim Saban' you will find many references to him donating or threatening to withhold donations for political leverage)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NaptownBrown

Are you any better. Is your closet full of skeletons? Criticize or support. If you can do better then why isn't your name on the ballot? How many people have you helped in any way shape or form. Do you have a business or that matter do you even work?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Donate money get a seat. Wow this is like deja vu all over again.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Is she unqualified for the job? Was there anyone better than her available? That's what I'd ask before I'd start to dig into a political deal. If she was qualified and it was still a political deal then it wont matter cause they can always point at her skills and you couldn't prove otherwise.

I have no idea if she’s qualified. Don’t you find this appointment the least bit strange consider the recent slams against Obama by Univision?

I find it hard to believe there isn’t a lot more to this story. I’m sure a lot of presidential appointments are backdoor deals but this seems a bit shadier based on the continued attacks from Univision after the appointment.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

nice catch dude!

have your 19th flag &16th star

i smell blood and money

this is evil smirking at those dead kids

that smirk needs to be wiped off, utterly, along with the smirkee's

in other news it's been revealed that monsanto's new image as agribusiness was the work of none other than "mitts"
yup we really need a total boycott of the elections, a tax revolt, and making damn sure the Fed's lease is not renewed, ever.[ it ends early next year]

OT is that actually you dude?
it kinda fits the new you.

EDIT

of course it all looks like the o-men are deluding themselves that they're going to win
as it seems to me for a couple of months now that the fix was in and mitts will be the next POSUS
this could be a case of last minute gifts
also for consideration
how many last minute presidential pardons are in the works and who's going to pardoned?
edit on 2-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

edit on 2-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Univision could almost be considered US MSM. It is headquartered in New York and is on par with viewership in the US with the major networks.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's owner, Haim Saban, is an Egyptian born Israeli-American. This dude fits the bill for influential and wealthy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now his wife, Cheryl and the person in question, in not a complete do nothing.

www.whatisyourselfworth.com...

She has a PHD, has written books, is a philanthropist, and moves in those circles. But the question is this a case of quid pro quo? Are there more qualified people out there? My guess is sure but how many of them are married to a mega-donor/mega-influence wielder?

...I'll let you add it up but from the surface, there could be worse choices.

edit on 2-10-2012 by ABNARTY because: sp

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by PsykoOps

Is she unqualified for the job? Was there anyone better than her available? That's what I'd ask before I'd start to dig into a political deal. If she was qualified and it was still a political deal then it wont matter cause they can always point at her skills and you couldn't prove otherwise.

I have no idea if she’s qualified. Don’t you find this appointment the least bit strange consider the recent slams against Obama by Univision?

I find it hard to believe there isn’t a lot more to this story. I’m sure a lot of presidential appointments are backdoor deals but this seems a bit shadier based on the continued attacks from Univision after the appointment.

We can only hope that perhaps the owner of Univision had a 'come to Jesus' moment, and somebody from the Romney campaign had approached them and laid out the facts and evidence.

It was recently reported that Obama had an agreement/arrangement with a major Mexican drug cartel that would bring tons of drugs into Chicago. link

When you add this all up, these dead Mexicans slaughtered for an agenda against the 2nd Amendment,...that it was the tipping point for the Univision owner.

I think Obama offering the position to the wife was like a peace pipe offering.

The Emperor has no clothes.
edit on 10/2/2012 by DCPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Obama appoints wife of Univision owner to UN diplomatic post

President Barack Obama appointed Cheryl Saban, wife of the owner of Univision, as U.S. representative to the United Nations,

And with that ends any future real reporting on Obama's failures.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Last week Obama was blindsided with extremely tough questions by Univision.

Extremely tough questions? Are you serious? Compared to Prime Minister's Questions this is nothing, absolutely nothing.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Very interesting, though my first thought based on your OP is that her appointment is the result of negotiations to back the pressure off. If the pressure does release, then that makes sense. However, if it is instead kept/stepped up by Univision, then you're probably onto something.

I can't imagine trying to confiscate guns in the US. It's a near-guarantee that tens of thousands would be killed in the ensuing domestic battles, possibly blowing up into full-scale civil war. Then again, that could be exactly what they're hoping for.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You completely disregard this persons ability to do this job and note only that 'her husband is owner of univision." What does it matter who her husband is? It matters who she is. I thought the days when women were identified by who their husbands were and what they did were behind them. That is kind of a sexist association and she might be insulted. You kind of insult all women when you do this.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
No shock to me. The USA is now a Fascist country. To be more specific it is Corporatism. The merging of Corporations and State. Our Government, at every level, has people from big Corporations appointed within it. Now it is no longer hidden or covered up, it is right in your face and guess what?

The people of the US will do nothing about it. They will accept it and they will take it. This Country is full of cowards and stupid people who have no idea how dangerous this is yet still believe they live in a "Free Country" cause the media tells them they do. Yet the reality is, when you are arrested and heavily fined for the crime of collecting rainwater, you are not living in a free country.

Correct. And one party in particular does the bidding of the wealthy the corporations and the ruling classes, they're the first ones to throw the American worker under the bus because they are siding with the corporate owner and the rich who employ the poor and the middle class. (EMPLOY AND take advantage of and cheat out of hours and benefits every chance they get)

Mitt talks about the small business which is really disingenuous because he is an investor in the big box stores that are killing the small businesses and sending the jobs overseas.

As a matter of fact while we speak they are trying to get THE VALUE OF A HUMAN LIFE lowered so when their corporate buddies are sued for negligence they won't take such a hit. Poor, minorities and the middle class form the working class and they tend to vote Democrat because good bad or ugly, the Dems are the only thing standing between them and the corporations that want to own them.

Fascist is right! And right winged. Bush's family was closely associated with Hitler and the Nazi's but Prescott's involvement in Nazi Germany was kept under the rug. Aryan brotherhood is at the TeaParty rallys. Americans are so easily fooled and all you have to do is scare them a little and you can take all their rights away & make them submit to strip searches and send their firstborn to war. Right now they are forcing a "National ID Card" on us under the pretense of fraudulent voting. Now it's for immigrants and soon it will be for everyone. People need a roof to fall on their heads. LOL

People must think they are living in a FREE COUNTRY because they are still able to carry their weapons and are armed to the teeth. And I think the rainwater thing must be state by state because here our City provides the oil drums for collecting the rainwater. They actually encourage it.

edit on 2-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

no
some people try to pass this off as gang on gang, but many of the victims are innocent bystanders, politicians and journalists fighting the corruption, and general terrorizing the population into submission. this is not just a drug war. it is on the verge of a civil war.
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.canadafreepress.com...
www.thejakartaglobe.com...
articles.latimes.com...

like all wars, many of those killed are innocent people. most US intervention can at least be blamed on oil, or strategic property, fighing mooslems, something. but this? this? giving guns to murders for what exactly? there was no attempt to track those weapons. that is a lie. so just why did they do it?
this story was an excellant catch

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join