It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama appoints wife of Univision owner to UN diplomatic post

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Obama appoints wife of Univision owner to UN diplomatic post

President Barack Obama appointed Cheryl Saban, wife of the owner of Univision, as U.S. representative to the United Nations, according to reports from various news blogs.

According to the Politico blog, Haim Saban, owner of the television network, backed Hillary Clinton in 2008, but during the summer donated $1 million to groups supporting the campaigns of Democrats. And according to another blog in Spanish of Yahoo, the appointment of Cheryl Saban to the diplomatic post was made last Wednesday, the day before Obama appeared at a forum at the University of Miami hosted by Univision.

Last week Obama was blindsided with extremely tough questions by Univision. These were MUCH tougher questions than we’ve seen coming from the US MSM. Take a look if you missed it:

Today we read that Univison is again going after Obama, this time about Fast & Furious. Check out this info from a thread by popcornmafia:

The Spanish language television news network Univision unleashed a bombshell investigative report on Operation Fast and Furious Sunday evening, finding that in January 2010 drug cartel hit men slaughtered students with weapons the United States government allowed to flow to them across the Mexican border.
link

Member Happy1 raised the question about this being a ploy by the Obama administration and Univision to enact a UN confiscation of guns in America.

What do you think, ATS? This situation is extremely suspect to me! Is this recent series of blindsides actually a false flag attack to go after the 2nd Amendment or is this genuine outrage?

How do we explain the timing of the recent attacks against Obama by Univision and the appointment of the OWNER of Univision’s WIFE to a spot as US representative to the UN??

This situation needs to be vetted.....I smell BS!

edit on 1-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Excellent find seabag, and yes, there is a very distinct smell coming from this...

Puzzling but distinct.

There will be no UN gun confiscation, however. Americans will never stand for it, NEVER.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

There will be no UN gun confiscation, however. Americans will never stand for it, NEVER.

That doesn’t rule out the ATTEMPT to go after the 2nd; many attempts have been made and many angles used.

Do this appear to be false flag attacks for that agenda? I don’t know!

I was all about Univision going after F&F….I thought it was great investigative journalism…but NOW I don’t know.

The timing here is troublesome.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is an on ongoing cover up, with this information

it sure looks like obama is trying to buy the mexican media off.

Already has bought the american media must he destroy every other outlet also.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

This is an on ongoing cover up, with this information

it sure looks like obama is trying to buy the mexican media off.

Already has bought the american media must he destroy every other outlet also.

If it’s a political payoff then why was this latest report on F&F released?

This release is after the appointment.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I see it as going after the hispanic vote that may have potentially backfired on him or just to give the appointment "credibility.

it's all smoke and mirrors.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

OK….here is a REAL stretch….I’m exploring possibilities.

What if the Mexican Cartels are blackmailing Obama for OTHER US involvement in Mexico that has yet to be exposed, and this appointment was just to pacify them? What if they are completely blackmailing Obama and the latest F&F scandal from Univision was simply a warning shot across the bow. If so, what is it they seek to accomplish; what do we not know?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well, maybe obama did something and the owner

of uni-vision is using it as collateral against him.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Maybe they are going to reveal the truth that the US Gov't, with the CIA, has been running the illicit drug trade, and all the violence within it for generations, and making a profit.

During the Summit of the Americas - you know, the sex scandal by the secret service in Colombia -- all of the central america countries, south american countries, and Mexico said that unless Cuba was invited next year, and Marijuania, along with some other "illegal" drugs, were legalized, they would not hold another Summit of the Americas. US and Canada said no to both Cuba and legalization.

This news was reported everywhere, except for in the US. I saw it in many newspapers, including Canadian papers.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Well, maybe obama did something and the owner

of uni-vision is using it as collateral against him.

Maybe….but like I asked, why then did the F&F thing come out once Obama gave in?

I bet there’s a LOT more to come.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Maybe they are going to reveal the truth that the US Gov't, with the CIA, has been running the illicit drug trade, and all the violence within it for generations, and making a profit.

That would be my guess as well….

During the Summit of the Americas - you know, the sex scandal by the secret service in Colombia -- all of the central america countries, south american countries, and Mexico said that unless Cuba was invited next year, and Marijuania, along with some other "illegal" drugs, were legalized, they would not hold another Summit of the Americas. US and Canada said no to both Cuba and legalization.

This news was reported everywhere, except for in the US. I saw it in many newspapers, including Canadian papers.

So we obviously know these folks aren’t above blackmailing.

What’s your take on the timing of these events; first the blind-side….then the appointment….then the F&F slam?

Actually, I’m not sure the appointment happened second….I need to dig deeper.

Edit to add....here are the dates I found.

April 16 - Univision Ambush…

Sept 26 - Wife Appointment…

Oct 1 - F&F Slam

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I smell Agenda.

Everyone, including Obama supporters know Obama has clearly used his "executive" Position, to try and quiet the voices, here and in Mexico, that have called for transparency, in this whole fiasco. WHY isnt Obama doing the right thing?? What is he hiding? What Agenda was he really pushing, before it all went south?

Great Thread Seabag......

edit on 1-10-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

WHY isnt Obama doing the right thing??

When has he ever? He’s still blaming a video for his foreign policy!

What is he hiding?

Too much! I’d like to start by knowing what he’s hiding in THIS case.

What Agenda was he really pushing, before it all went south?

I’d like to know who is pulling his strings….wouldn’t we all?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well, I think you answered my Questions.

How anyone can believe in all honesty, this man has daily Americans, best interest at heart, is either delusional, or is living in denial.

Also, this isn't just about Brian Terry. This is about the MANY Mexicans, that have died, under Obama's failed Policies, his non-transparent Administration, and his lack of empathy for ANY of the victims, under HIS Watch.

Holder and Obama should be sitting in a Federal Penitentiary. Period.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Also, this isn't just about Brian Terry. This is about the MANY Mexicans, that have died, under Obama's failed Policies, his non-transparent Administration, and his lack of empathy for ANY of the victims, under HIS Watch.

Holder and Obama should be sitting in a Federal Penitentiary. Period.

Exactly! If you read popcornmafia’s thread on the latest F&F debacle you’ll see the price Mexico is paying for Obama’s actions. F&F guns were used to fire upon a group of kids!!

Guns provided by the US under Obama killed Mexican children! FACT!

No scandal here though, right??

Then the president of Univision's wife (Univision - you know, the company that broke the scandal) gets a diplomatic appointment by Obama?? Nothing to see here....move along (end sarcasm)!!

edit on 2-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
no false flags, just an owner of a business using their power to get his wife a job, been going on for centuries, NEXT

besides at this point im not shocked at anythign he does or signs
no real american would sign indefinate detention, it goes against everything this country is supposed to stand for.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Is she unqualified for the job? Was there anyone better than her available? That's what I'd ask before I'd start to dig into a political deal. If she was qualified and it was still a political deal then it wont matter cause they can always point at her skills and you couldn't prove otherwise.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
So Obama sent free guns across the border into Mexico to arm kids to go against the Drug Cartel families?

Big deal. Aren't we running operations in every country to topple who's in power?

The King of Spain.....what would Obama be doing against him and the King's recent rise back into power? Tha King's having money problems right now eh?......alll related.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Just because our govt got caught playin with itself doesnt mean anyone can use that as a reason to take away citizens right to protect themselves. What it should do is take the govts ability away from being able to arm
Cartels.

Yes Obama should be accountable- and the lack of prosecution of those following his orders just goes to show you he will not go to prison by someone testifying against him.

This will all be downplayed as much as possible, like it always is.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

They're going to need an even bigger false flag to cover this crap up.

Currency debacle? US bankruptcy? QE3 is definetly headed that way.

No gov't checks going out? No Social security, no welfare, no food stamps?

All the gov't agencies are pretty much armed up by now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join