It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Now Dead. 30 Papers Suggest DNA is Encoded Intelligently

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Whenever people of `faith` talking about `intelligent design` using science to back it up it comes across as a little silly. This video uses one quote from an entire research paper.

The argument of junk DNA having more of the purpose than to help with the production of more cells is a bit weak. There must be base code extra DNA in order for life to keep going. If we did not have that junk DNA our lifespan would be very short.
I think what intelligent design proponents are saying is, junk DNA isn't junk at all. It isn't vestigial. It has a purpose, whether we know the purpose or not.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42

reply to post by itsthetooth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sure I remember dismissing you.

You have nothing new to say, no evidence, you have been and still are
Dismissed

Whats the matter, did you run out of deceitful ways to try to win an argument?
Nope. Got fed up trying to get you, a fantasist, liar, racist bigot and fake to provide one piece of evidence.

That is why you were and are

Dismissed

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Nope. Got fed up trying to get you, a fantasist, liar, racist bigot and fake to provide one piece of evidence.

Dismissed

Your opinion is greatly appreciated but you were dismissed back when you failed to provide any reasonable proof of evolution. This whole macroevolution is just microevolution many times over doesn't cut it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

Dismissed

Your opinion is greatly appreciated but you were dismissed back when you failed to provide any reasonable proof of evolution. This whole macroevolution is just microevolution many times over doesn't cut it.

Well, that's exactly what it is. Not our fault if you can't deal with reality

And to say no evidence has been provided is LAUGHABLE given that you aren't able to back up a single claim you made

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by addygrace

Originally posted by freedomwv
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Whenever people of `faith` talking about `intelligent design` using science to back it up it comes across as a little silly. This video uses one quote from an entire research paper.

The argument of junk DNA having more of the purpose than to help with the production of more cells is a bit weak. There must be base code extra DNA in order for life to keep going. If we did not have that junk DNA our lifespan would be very short.
I think what intelligent design proponents are saying is, junk DNA isn't junk at all. It isn't vestigial. It has a purpose, whether we know the purpose or not.

That's what scientists are saying too...because they DON'T call it junk DNA in the first place

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Stop lying and trying to dumb down people here tooth!!
It looks like you beat everyone to that.

I believe the bible isn't correct in hundreds of cases not because the authors had limited knowledge compared to today (which is still true though), but because we can DISPROVE tons of stuff in the bible scientifically.
Ya but can you disprove the supernatural? I don't think so. Of course you believe the bible is incorrect, its a belief, not based on anything factual. Science can't debunk supernatural, this is why I keep posting the definition, but it looks like you still don't get it...

su·per·nat·u·ral/ˌso͞opərˈnaCH(ə)rəl/Adjective: (of a manifestation or event) Attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.

Noun: Manifestations or events considered to be of supernatural origin.

Synonyms: preternatural - unearthly - weird - miraculous

supernatural[/ur l]

So once again, as you can easily see, the supernatural exceeds the understanding of the science that you keep claiming has debunked it many times over. So your wrong. Again.

Evolution is clearly a scientific theory..one that is fully recreatable. How do I know that? As I've told you dozens of times, we are ACTIVELY APPLYING the theory in modern medicine!!
Goes to show you how dumb you are, those are observed RANDOM changes, and they can't predict what the changes will be, just that bacteria and viruses have cells that change. It's no predictable, if it was we would be coming out with cures for things before they hit the human race, which is not the case.

Evolution is NOT a scientific theory, its a hypothesis.

[url=http://www.ozpolitic.com/evolution/evolution-not-scientific-theory.html]Evolution is not a scientific theory

Not falsiviable
Its a mythology
video
Wht did popper say
Evolution is a religion
It's a hunch

Evolution appears to be anything but a scientific theory. I view it as a religion because you have been proven the facts, that its not recreatable and its not falsifiable and you still persist in believing it, so it becomes a religion because its your personal belief.

If evolution were a scientific theory it would be the most worthless one I have ever heard of, its not predictable, its not recreatable, its not traceable, but your sure it exists even though no one has ever witnessed it

ignorance is laughable...and at this stage I have to assume your trying to dumb people down on purpose. We use the theory to ACCURATELY PREDICT FUTURE OUTCOMES in medicine. If the theory was wrong, we couldn't do that.
Predicting future outcomes in medicine has NOTHING to do with evolution. It just goes to show you how deluded you are. Your completly sold on the idea that evolution has its hand in everything around us, with no proof.

You can't just say something is rationally impossible...but it somehow becomes possible through magic

If you could do that, EVERYTHING would be possible because you could always say "magic makes it possible". People would have stopped researching a looooong time ago, and we would still believe nonsense like global floods, comets being a sign of god, god(s) causing plagues, and all the other nonsense that was attributed to god incorrectly.

FACT is, you have ZERO evidence for that magic...and no, saying it doesn't require evidence isn't an answer either

What a joke

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

My claims were always backed up by others.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You can't just say something is rationally impossible...but it somehow becomes possible through magic
There is historical documentation that backs up the claim, now what do you have to prove it wrong? Not a damn thing other than saying just because its magic doesn't make it so, looks like your wrong, thats what the backed up documentation is for.

If you could do that, EVERYTHING would be possible because you could always say "magic makes it possible". People would have stopped researching a looooong time ago, and we would still believe nonsense like global floods, comets being a sign of god, god(s) causing plagues, and all the other nonsense that was attributed to god incorrectly.
No one is saying EVERYTHING is possible, just whats pointed out in the bible.

FACT is, you have ZERO evidence for that magic...and no, saying it doesn't require evidence isn't an answer either

What a joke
Fact is I have good evidence, I have written documentation by mutliple people.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

My claims were always backed up by others.

Unless they back it up with OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE that's 100% worthless...and no one has backed your claims with anything remotely resembling proof.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

There is historical documentation that backs up the claim, now what do you have to prove it wrong? Not a damn thing other than saying just because its magic doesn't make it so, looks like your wrong, thats what the backed up documentation is for.

Just because it's mentioned in a book doesn't make it true

For crying out loud tooth, you can't be that gullible

No one is saying EVERYTHING is possible, just whats pointed out in the bible.

OH...so you basically cherry pick from the crazy stuff and decide that your selections magically turn them into truths. Makes perfect sense

Fact is I have good evidence, I have written documentation by mutliple people.

Who? That clown Pye who never backs up his claims with evidence, that snake oil salesman pseudo-scientist? And what written documentation? Again, the bible isn't objective evidence of anything what people back then BELIEVED based on their limited knowledge.

It's amazing that you completely ignore facts and instead pretend people from 2k years ago knew more...especially in light of us being able to completely debunk a ton of the stuff like that silly global flood.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Unless they back it up with OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE that's 100% worthless...and no one has backed your claims with anything remotely resembling proof.
Objective evidence is not an option when dealing with the supernatural, and you have been explained this over and over. Science can't prove or disprove the supernatural, your really sucking at getting this.

Just because it's mentioned in a book doesn't make it true
It does if its authored by multiple witnessses.

For crying out loud tooth, you can't be that gullible
There is nothing gullible about believing in historical documents, you could stand to learn a lot from both the book and understanding the importance of history.

OH...so you basically cherry pick from the crazy stuff and decide that your selections magically turn them into truths. Makes perfect sense
There is no cherry picking, the whole book is supernatural, thats why it was written

Who? That clown Pye who never backs up his claims with evidence, that snake oil salesman pseudo-scientist? And what written documentation? Again, the bible isn't objective evidence of anything what people back then BELIEVED based on their limited knowledge.
Pyes video on DNA is all real and accurate, human DNA is public information in case you didn't know, so why don't you challenge him if your so sure. No one ever claimed the bible is objective evidence, its supernatural , you can't prove or disprove it, but I see you beating your self up trying because you still don't get whats going on.

It's amazing that you completely ignore facts and instead pretend people from 2k years ago knew more...especially in light of us being able to completely debunk a ton of the stuff like that silly global flood
There is no proof they didn't know more, your making an assumption.

Something evolutionists like to do a lot of.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by boncho
Saying that Noncoding DNA is somehow indicative of evolution is a crap argument. Also stating that functionality of DNA that we don't completely understand is indicative of a creator or god is equally crap.

Yet the papers clearly indicate intelligence behind the encoding.

A glance at your link doesn't show me anything that purports to be claiming an external creator. It looks like stock genetic papers to me.

There is a difference between saying an intelligence designed DNA and saying that DNA has order. Of course it does.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Objective evidence is not an option when dealing with the supernatural, and you have been explained this over and over. Science can't prove or disprove the supernatural, your really sucking at getting this.

Again, you can't just claim magic exists without showing proof...and you claiming that it somehow doesn't need proof is a CLOWNISH statement. All you do is show everyone that your religious brainwashing is so deep, you completely throw logic overboard.

It does if its authored by multiple witnessses.

It doesn't matter how many people wrote the bible, all that matters is OBJECTIVE evidence. And that evidence tells us that the bible is wrong in HUNDREDS of cases

There is nothing gullible about believing in historical documents, you could stand to learn a lot from both the book and understanding the importance of history.

You can learn what people back then BELIEVED...but clearly the bible doesn't present reality given so many things are wrong

There is no cherry picking, the whole book is supernatural, thats why it was written

Hindus say the same about their scripture as do Muslims...funny how you only support the bible. Could it be that's the case because you grew up in a Christian nation that brainwashed you towards Christianity?

Pyes video on DNA is all real and accurate, human DNA is public information in case you didn't know, so why don't you challenge him if your so sure. No one ever claimed the bible is objective evidence, its supernatural , you can't prove or disprove it, but I see you beating your self up trying because you still don't get whats going on.

DNA doesn't confirm Pye's nonsense, and again, your "magic did it" claim is so clownish I'm not sure if you're pranking me

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Of course he is a joker.

He has never supplied evidence that backs his claims for the bible being a historical document. In fact he has never shown any evidence for anything he claims as there is NONE.

Strangely when supplied with evidence that is backed with countless examples, descriptions, observations he denies them because they don’t fit his fantasy yet is quite happy to accept magic and unsupported here say contained in the bible and claim it as fact.

Example: When told a man cannot live inside a whale he evokes magic and then says you can’t prove it did not happen dismissing all the arguments that show clearly it cannot happen.

Has he given any examples of living seals found inside whales as I asked him to? Of course he has not yet if it was possible for man then the whaling fleets throughout history would have been reporting live seals inside whales and they don’t.

His explanation for the diversity found in the human race is 'black people come from a different planet than white people' but cannot identify who wrote the bible, whites or blacks.

Logic would say it was not the whites so the bible is only for people from planet black.

When I posed that Fooltopia may have in fact been a dying planet that his aliens evacuated us from and chose the Earth as the ideal place for us to live he called it silly yet I have as much evidence for that as he does for his claim. NONE. I could of course evoke magic

The planet he claims is so perfect for us I named Fooltopia is well named and its capital city, Fantasia is where he lives. ALONE

edit on 9-11-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Again, you can't just claim magic exists without showing proof...and you claiming that it somehow doesn't need proof is a CLOWNISH statement. All you do is show everyone that your religious brainwashing is so deep, you completely throw logic overboard.
But we have proof, we have documentation from eye witnesses silly goose. Sorry but I have no religion and I have told you that as well umteen times. Logic can't explain the supernatural and you have already been proven this based on the definition and you still don't get it.

It doesn't matter how many people wrote the bible, all that matters is OBJECTIVE evidence. And that evidence tells us that the bible is wrong in HUNDREDS of cases
Objective evidence doesn't fit within the confines of the supernatural and you have allready been explained this many times over.

You can learn what people back then BELIEVED...but clearly the bible doesn't present reality given so many things are wrong
Supernatural things that are eye witnessed have nothing to do with any belief.

Hindus say the same about their scripture as do Muslims...funny how you only support the bible. Could it be that's the case because you grew up in a Christian nation that brainwashed you towards Christianity?
Not possible because I don't have a faith, unlike you, you believe in something that has been proven to be false and missleading. Evolution is a NOT a scientific theory, its not predictable, its not falsafiable and its not recreatable, all things that are necessary for it to be a scientific theory.

You have been spoon fed these facts many times but you keep spitting them up

DNA doesn't confirm Pye's nonsense, and again, your "magic did it" claim is so clownish I'm not sure if you're pranking me
I would like to see proof of that, what proof do you have that Pye is wrong?
Supernatural things are abundant throughout the bible, so you can be pranked not believing them, or you can continue to be confused in the way that you are now. Believing we actually share a common ancestor with apes is pranking our entire race. Where is the proof?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

But we have proof, we have documentation from eye witnesses silly goose. Sorry but I have no religion and I have told you that as well umteen times. Logic can't explain the supernatural and you have already been proven this based on the definition and you still don't get it.

Oh, eye witnesses from 2k years ago...and authors that often didn't even live at the same time of those witnesses. And as we all know eye witnesses are totally objective and credible. You're kidding, right?

And you claiming to not being religious is HILARIOUS given you accept the bible as 100% truthful

Closet Christian much?

But yes you're right, logic can't explain magic...because it's IRRATIONAL AND ILLOGICAL. And that's exactly why your arguments are SILLY

Objective evidence doesn't fit within the confines of the supernatural and you have allready been explained this many times over.

Which is why you can't sell your irrational belief as "truth" without looking incredibly silly

You believe in magic, so to someone rational you sound like the crazy guy walking down the street claiming he's seen unicorns.

Supernatural things that are eye witnessed have nothing to do with any belief.

Of course they do...blind...unproven...completely subjective belief

Not possible because I don't have a faith, unlike you, you believe in something that has been proven to be false and missleading. Evolution is a NOT a scientific theory, its not predictable, its not falsafiable and its not recreatable, all things that are necessary for it to be a scientific theory.

You have been spoon fed these facts many times but you keep spitting them up

Great display of ignorance tooth

You keep on repeating the same nonsense that's been debunked dozens of times...like a little child who can't deal with reality. You're entire reaction can be summed up like this:

The theory of evolution is of course a scientific theory...it wouldn't be called a theory otherwise. The vast majority of scientists believe it's a sound theory, and we are ACTIVELY APPLYING the theory in modern medicine...so again, you are comically wrong by saying it's not a repeatable process. Of course it's also predictable because we use it to predict future outcomes in medicine for example.

In short, I'd like to think the reason you post that garbage is because of a lack of education...but since your arguments have been debunked rationally dozens of times yet you continue to repeat them, I guess you are way to IGNORANT to accept reality. You live in your own little fantasy world that is so irrational that only magic (lol) can "explain" it. And you honestly believe you're credible and that people will be somehow convinced of your nonsense.

To be honest, I feel kinda bad for you...
edit on 9-11-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Oh, eye witnesses from 2k years ago...and authors that often didn't even live at the same time of those witnesses. And as we all know eye witnesses are totally objective and credible. You're kidding, right?
I can totally understand your concearn as you obviously live in the realm of dishonesty, but people back then were for the most part honest.

Dishonesy is something that has grown with time.

And you claiming to not being religious is HILARIOUS given you accept the bible as 100% truthful
Who ever said you have to be religious to believe in the events in the bible. Just because you see it as a total book of faith, and you haven't understood how to seperate the two, much less the truth behind the reason for faith, doesn't mean its not possible.

Closet Christian much?

But yes you're right, logic can't explain magic...because it's IRRATIONAL AND ILLOGICAL. And that's exactly why your arguments are SILLY
My girlfriend is laughing at you thinking that I'm christian
Just goes to show you how wrong people can be to stereotype others.
Of course its irrational and illogical, its not bound to the limitations of science, you still don't get it do you

Which is why you can't sell your irrational belief as "truth" without looking incredibly silly

You believe in magic, so to someone rational you sound like the crazy guy walking down the street claiming he's seen unicorns.
Rational fits in this equation about as much as macroevolution being assumed from microevolution. Your just assuming and your wrong. Rational has nothing to do with describing the supernatural. I get it, you just don't understand.

Of course they do...blind...unproven...completely subjective belief
Subjective, sure, all several hundred documented right dude.

Great display of ignorance tooth
Your lack of understanding of the word supernatural has nothing to do with ignorance on my part, thats your part.

You keep on repeating the same nonsense that's been debunked dozens of times...like a little child who can't deal with reality. You're entire reaction can be summed up like this:
You lack perception and your ignorant.

The theory of evolution is of course a scientific theory...it wouldn't be called a theory otherwise. The vast majority of scientists believe it's a sound theory, and we are ACTIVELY APPLYING the theory in modern medicine...so again, you are comically wrong by saying it's not a repeatable process. Of course it's also predictable because we use it to predict future outcomes in medicine for example.
The theory thats applied in modern science has nothihng to do with proving that I have an ape as a common ancestor. It's not a scientific theory, its not predictable, its not recreatable, its not even able to be identified, so you can't even make claims that it happens when you can't identify it. It's a total joke.

In short, I'd like to think the reason you post that garbage is because of a lack of education...but since your arguments have been debunked rationally dozens of times yet you continue to repeat them, I guess you are way to IGNORANT to accept reality. You live in your own little fantasy world that is so irrational that only magic (lol) can "explain" it. And you honestly believe you're credible and that people will be somehow convinced of your nonsense.

To be honest, I feel kinda bad for you...
I yearn for the moment someone can debunk anything I have presented, and I'm still waiting. The only think you have been good at so far is making jokes, stick to that, your good at that

Nothing I have presented has ever been debunked. Calling Pye a clown is NOT debunking him, claiming evolution is a scientific theory when its obviously not, is not proving anything. The only reason you would think I live in my own fantasy is because you haven't stepped out of yours to try to understand.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Allow me to ramble for a bit, this may be confused.

I don't think I've ever cared about the evolution debate. I accept the belief that God created humans. How? I don't know, and His method doesn't bother me very much.

While I love science, and reason and measurements, etc., just looking at it's history tells me not to put too much faith in it. It attacks your opponent's belief one day, and attacks yours the next.

I may not be a thoughtful, prepared, Christian, but the basis of my belief lies elsewhere, and I don't really care which position is ahead at the moment.

We may not be able to know, but we can understand. Giving way to belief and faith in anything is a sign of a dysfunctional mind. You say, oh this attacks this belief or that belief - and your solution is just to hang onto one kind of belief - instead of perceiving that the fundamental problem is belief itself.

The act of believing is the problem - it is a conscious thing, where one or more pieces of information are converted into 'truth' and 'fact'.

Information that comes from physical reality is neither true nor false - it exists on a continuum - and because we do not experience it directly, but rather through our senses > electrical signals > unconscious interpretation - then we cannot possibly 'know' anything in physical reality. Making something true, or believing something is an arbitrary action - and not related to the real world at all - and is not justifiable.

Truth exists only in the mind, and only conceptually.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
For those who aren't as brainwashed as tooth, here's a great short video explaining how evolution works:

Oh, and for those who loved that "Ancient Aliens" theory and were gullible enough to blindly believe it...THE HISTORY CHANNEL ISN'T AN EDUCATIONAL NETWORK!!!

Here's a whole show debunking that Ancient Aliens show bit by bit. Yes it's long, but well worth watching if you care about FACTS.

edit on 11-11-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I watched the first one and part of the second one.

Probably the biggest problem I see with both of them is that there are claims with no proof to back them up. There is no proof that evolution is a scientific theory. It's not recreatable, it's not predictable, it's not even identifiable. I'm not even sure if you can call something like that a theory.

Microevolution was mentioned as was macroevolution but again with the assumption that this is actually how it all works. There should be proof, either in fossils, or in present day today. We have nothing to prove this is how it happens. It's not recreatable, it's not predictable, its not identifiable. I'm not even sure if you can call something like that a theory either.

The fundamental needs for calling something a theory as simply not there. You usually have action, and reaction to prove a scenerio, and with evolution you have none of that. When evoluion occurs its not predictable, it's not recreatable, it's not even identifiable. When changes do occur there isn't even any proof that it's evolution thats happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join