It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Now Dead. 30 Papers Suggest DNA is Encoded Intelligently

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So I was bored enough to check out tooth's last thread...and it's basically a rehash of the same uneducated "target food" and "the bible is proof" arguments. Anyway, I burst out laughing when I read some of the replies from people who obviously never read any of his threads before:

I'm sorry but I have to leave this thread now. All hope is lost. Good bye.

I wont be returning to this thread so please don't reply to this post.

Wait...hold the door for me......

Des

ALERT! ALERT
PUBLIC NOTICE

Tooth has been at this for over 500 pages spread across 3 threads. Hundreds of people have tried to explain evolution to him, he does not understand it. He makes up words like target food, and than makes up a definition, and says it's a component of evolution. If that makes no sense, it's because Tooth makes no sense. Save the trouble people!

Sorry Tooth; This is a public service, meant to save hundreds of people from the headache your theories cause (not cause they are complicated, but because you fail to grasp the simplest of concepts)

Just figured people who just joined this thread should know that...before wasting their precious time

Also, is it really necessary to start 3 different threads all rehashing the same false nonsense?

"All hope is lost!" (pretty much sums it up)
edit on 24-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Barcs

Since you're wrong in the very first sentence I'll just stop you here. Food isn't just available for every species. They have to go out and earn it by hunting or gathering. It's not like there's a designated cat food tree and then around the corner is the antelope's bush.
You missed the whole point, as usual. It only appears to be happenstance that the correct food is here on the same planet because your brainwashed by the fact that we have everything, and you just take that for granted.

It's not happenstance, lol! There's no such thing as a "correct" food. There is protein, which is the key nutrient to survival for pretty much all creatures. They eat protein and they are made of protein. How can you call it coincidence? If the food weren't there, everything would die out. Wow what a huge coincidence! Creatures need to take in energy to survive! Imagine that!

The animals evolve AND the food evolves. As long as the food contains the same nutrients it doesn't matter what it is. Protein is there? Great, a lion could survive eating that almost exclusively regardless of what source the protein comes from. There's a reason why this essential nutrient is found in so many foods, and it's not because aliens designed it that way. Because an animal is both FOOD and not food. Hunter and the hunted. It's all the same stuff. Whether a lion takes down an antelope and feeds the pride with it or 100 hyenas surround a wounded lion and eat him. It's the circle of life, which you don't really seem to understand. Nothing is just designated for anything else. They take what they can get.
If this were true, we would eat the same food that say the ant eater eats, and still eat the same food that apes and chimps eat. The fact is we don't, in fact we don't even eat the same food groups.

Why do you keep lying? We don't eat the same food groups? WHAT? Stop making things up. Humans eat protein (meats), fruits & vegetables, dairy and grains. Chimps eat food from all 4 of those food groups as well. Stop lying!!!
edit on 24-10-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Just figured people who just joined this thread should know that...before wasting their precious time

Also, is it really necessary to start 3 different threads all rehashing the same false nonsense?

Just goes to show how much you haven't been paying attention. I never made up a componet of evolution, and if you thought I did, you missed my scarsim.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

But we can totally explain why living beings on earth have food sources, and why they eat the food they eat...the theory of evolution explains it thoroughly (and in a provable way). Maybe you should spend a bit more time actually reading up on the theory you so don't understand
No it doesn't. Adaptation is not the same as evolution.

In our case, as an example, going to the extreme of even making our own food known as processed food is proof of evolution failing, and as a result we had to adapt.

Why on earth would that be the case? Of course we eat different food because we followed a different evolutionary branch. Again, do yourself a favor and read up on the theory before making more uneducated claims

PS: We do actually eat a lot of the same food that apes eat (last I checked humans eat bananas and fruit)...hell, there are even cultures that eat ants
so you still never answered my question, did we follow that evolution branch and change along with it? And how could such a feat be possible if everything is always changing? Sounds more to me like intelligence is once again present in these steps.

No the apes diet is not a main course we use, although evolution believes we share a common ancestor. Isn't it odd how we have never kept one thing from any of that lineage? Isn't it odd how we never shared one common communication word? It's not odd at all if your not really related.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Sorry Tooth; This is a public service, meant to save hundreds of people from the headache your theories cause (not cause they are complicated, but because you fail to grasp the simplest of concepts)

My threads only cause headaches because you are unable to prove them wrong

Stick to the joke telling your better at it

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

It's not happenstance, lol! There's no such thing as a "correct" food. There is protein, which is the key nutrient to survival for pretty much all creatures. They eat protein and they are made of protein. How can you call it coincidence? If the food weren't there, everything would die out. Wow what a huge coincidence! Creatures need to take in energy to survive! Imagine that!
I always feel sorry for you Barc when I have to respond to your comments.

Plants don't usually have protein, meat is a better source for that.

So now your about to explain to me how it is that all this life here on earth has a special nose for protein. Does it have a certain appearance? A certain smell perhaps? Anyhow I'm just going along with your ill informed idea.

So we need protein as well. When you are gathering food, I want to specifically know what trait you use to detect protein. Now no cheating. Food lables and others telling you where protein comes from doesn't count. So please clue me in on this as I want to know what I have been missing all my life.

Then perhaps you would like to explain why certain animals pick different sources of protein from others.

Why do you keep lying? We don't eat the same food groups? WHAT? Stop making things up. Humans eat protein (meats), fruits & vegetables, dairy and grains. Chimps eat food from all 4 of those food groups as well. Stop lying!!!
Do you have something that shows that they eat meat and grains, because I'm having a hard time finding anything. Also when and how do they eat dairy?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

ALL plants contain protein (amino acids). Actually, about 14% of a plants calories (fuel) come from protein. Broccoli contains more protein per calorie than steak and spinach has as much as chicken and fish.

As for chimps and apes... They eat other monkeys and apes. Does that count as meat? And monkeys and apes that live in regions where grains naturally grow ... Eat grain. Say in Asia?

You have proven yourself willfully ignorant, in regards to evolutionary theory and biology in general. I'm not sure why you continue to engage in debates you obviously know very little about. And your sources have all been religious propaganda.

Just stop regurgitating the lies.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Oh... And humans are the only mammal that eats dairy after weening. Besides... How could other animals milk different animals to make dairy anyway? You can thank years of animal husbandry and our ancestors ingenuity for there even being a dairy catagory.

Most mammals normally become lactose intolerant after weaning, but some human populations have developed lactase persistence, in which lactase production continues into adulthood. It is estimated that 75% of adults worldwide show some decrease in lactase activity during adulthood.

Lactose intolerance

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Just goes to show how much you haven't been paying attention. I never made up a componet of evolution, and if you thought I did, you missed my scarsim.

Of course you did...target food

Or are you saying you were merely joking about that nonsense?

I always feel sorry for you Barc when I have to respond to your comments.

Plants don't usually have protein, meat is a better source for that.

Well, if you make STUPID comments like this I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. All you're doing is spreading lies and showing of your ignorance and lack of education.
edit on 25-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

so you still never answered my question, did we follow that evolution branch and change along with it? And how could such a feat be possible if everything is always changing?

If you actually bothered to read up about the theory of evolution you'd realise it explains that perfectly well

No the apes diet is not a main course we use, although evolution believes we share a common ancestor. Isn't it odd how we have never kept one thing from any of that lineage? Isn't it odd how we never shared one common communication word? It's not odd at all if your not really related.

For crying out loud you can't be serious. Have you even read the theory? Because a DUMB statement like above casts doubt on that...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So I was bored enough to check out tooth's last thread...and it's basically a rehash of the same uneducated "target food" and "the bible is proof" arguments. Anyway, I burst out laughing when I read some of the replies from people who obviously never read any of his threads before:

I'm sorry but I have to leave this thread now. All hope is lost. Good bye.

I wont be returning to this thread so please don't reply to this post.

Wait...hold the door for me......

Des

ALERT! ALERT
PUBLIC NOTICE

Tooth has been at this for over 500 pages spread across 3 threads. Hundreds of people have tried to explain evolution to him, he does not understand it. He makes up words like target food, and than makes up a definition, and says it's a component of evolution. If that makes no sense, it's because Tooth makes no sense. Save the trouble people!

edit on 24-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

I really enjoy this subforum but I can't join many threads anymore or even bring myself to read them because of 500+ pages of utter nonsense, poor logic, and an even worse understanding of biology and the modern synthesis. It's not good for my blood pressure. Thank goodness there are people like Barcs, Mr. X, Colin, etc. to try to bring some sanity to the discussion.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

ALL plants contain protein (amino acids). Actually, about 14% of a plants calories (fuel) come from protein. Broccoli contains more protein per calorie than steak and spinach has as much as chicken and fish.

As for chimps and apes... They eat other monkeys and apes. Does that count as meat? And monkeys and apes that live in regions where grains naturally grow ... Eat grain. Say in Asia?

You have proven yourself willfully ignorant, in regards to evolutionary theory and biology in general. I'm not sure why you continue to engage in debates you obviously know very little about. And your sources have all been religious propaganda.

Just stop regurgitating the lies.
This is where the confines of understanding fail everytime. They don't eat other monkeys and apes as a normal part of their diet, and you know this. The problem is that everytime I bring something up, someone has to try to disprove it because of being able to find one event where it did happen. Anything will eat anything if they are starving, and this is a fact. I'm not talking about starving apes, I'm talking about their everyday normal diet.

If my parakeets run out of food, they start eating the poop at the bottom of the cage, that doesn't mean that poop is an everyday normal part of their diet.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Oh... And humans are the only mammal that eats dairy after weening. Besides... How could other animals milk different animals to make dairy anyway? You can thank years of animal husbandry and our ancestors ingenuity for there even being a dairy catagory.
So then the question turns into wanting to know more about why we created this food group to begin with. And you can read all about that in my prior posts. We are lacking a source of calcium here for humans. Unless you consider seaweed to be an everyday part of your diet anyhow.

Most people don't so I'm assuming its not going to be widely accepted. Many foods provide calcium but we need 1000 mg per day and thats if your not a teenager and not pregnant, then you would need more. Passing seaweed up as an option, and dairy since its not natural, leaves us with the next highest thing on the list which is Sardines. You will need 5.4 servings per day to meet your RDA. Thas 16 oz of sardines or a pound per day. This also means you will need either money or a boat to harvest them on a regular basis.

If you wanted to consider cows milk as an alternative, you can get away with 4 servings a day I believe, but even then, thats a lot. How is someone going to have 4 *16oz of milk per day? Thats 4 lbs of milk. As you can see there is a serious dilemma here. We have the need for calcium and are struggling with not having a source. This is because our source is not here. As it says in the bible that while many things were brought here for us to use, none of them are from our home, in other words NONE of this food is our intended food.

This is also why we are heading into the 6th largest extinction right now, with a loss of 99% of life. If someone went around to other planets and gatherd up all life and all animals and plants and brought them here, there would be a serious inbalance in the ecosystem here. This also baffles scientists because they always assume that all the life thats here is from here and suppose to be here.

All we are doing is trying to figure out ways to adapt to this problem, without even realizing what or why we are doing it. There is more to the adaptation process as well. Anytime you have to adapt, you will suffer a reduction in the quality of life. Cows milk as an example, we have to homogenize, pasterize, and fortify it, and due to all of the work involved you have spent energy that you normally wouldn't have to have spent on your intended source of calcium. It's also not as good for you as your intended source so you will have to consume more of it, and its not as healthy for you. We are used to living this way, but its all we can do.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Of course you did...target food

Or are you saying you were merely joking about that nonsense?
I'm sorry but target food was never meant to be a componet of evolution. You obviously missed the point. Target food only exists because there is obvious evidence of intelligence involved in the structure of our life and food chains. Evolution has never afforded the idea of intelligence being involved, therefore evolution has failed to grasp the reality before us.

If I'm wrong then evolution would be able to explain how a species chooses its food. You have mentioned that everything evolves together which means that the food chain keeps close with the life. Even so, you would still need intelligence to program each species with knowing what they are suppose to eat. Your claiming on one hand that food evolves, but if thats true, then why would you also claim that animals have an experimental stage with food, when they actually don't. The only experimentation that goes on with a species is durring the starvation mode, they will eat anything. Again starving and regular diets are two different things.

Well, if you make STUPID comments like this I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. All you're doing is spreading lies and showing of your ignorance and lack of education.
So now I'm spreading lies. If target food is a lie, then you will have no problem sharing with us the mechanism that decides what a species will and will not eat. Again if you had the answer, I'm sure evolution would have worked it into the picture as well.

Now just to show you how wrong you are, here are some links to sites where people are asking the same question. Honeslty if you can provide a worthy answer, it appears to be the billion dollar question...

Animals have it figured out

An evolution claim

How do animals know what not to eat

how do animals know its food

Not everything in these is correct.
Since all species eat the exact same diet, it tells us that they are somehow pre-programmed in knowing what they are suppose to eat. This of course means that intelligence of some sort had to be present around their creation in order to be able to tell them what they are suppose to eat. The reasons why this is a fact is simple, they all eat the same food within a species, and there never is experimentation when proper food is present. Basically there is no individual choice, if there was, then you would have an arguement here, but you don't.

Here is another example, humans have no target food so its ALL about choice.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If you actually bothered to read up about the theory of evolution you'd realise it explains that perfectly well
That type of syncronicity is not possible, even if you had a crystal ball. There is no way that evolution could make a new species and also tell them which new food they made for them as well.

For crying out loud you can't be serious. Have you even read the theory? Because a DUMB statement like above casts doubt on that...
Then you should have no problem sharing with us what all we shared with these ancestors.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

I really enjoy this subforum but I can't join many threads anymore or even bring myself to read them because of 500+ pages of utter nonsense, poor logic, and an even worse understanding of biology and the modern synthesis. It's not good for my blood pressure. Thank goodness there are people like Barcs, Mr. X, Colin, etc. to try to bring some sanity to the discussion.
Target food has valid points, so much so that one person that was on my last thread was convinced that I couldn't have been the person that thought up target food and he wanted to know who I stole it from.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Target food has valid points, so much so that one person that was on my last thread was convinced that I couldn't have been the person that thought up target food and he wanted to know who I stole it from.

Toothy, target food has NO valid points. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Evolution Now Dead.

Have you ever considered that evolution itself could be part of the intelligent design?

This is the obvious, non-contradictory answer to the whole argument.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It's not a personal quest to "disprove" you . . . it's not personal. You are just wrong. While you have a cursory understanding of biology, what you don't know is filtered through the lens of your faith/beliefs. Therefore, you are refusing to accept what is widely known and accepted by those that don't use 3500yr old ideas or insupportable notions of alien creators, to frame the modern world.

Chimps don't eat meat simply to stave off starvation . . . It's a social predatory function.

We know that although chimpanzees have been recorded to eat more than 35 types of vertebrate animals (Uehara 1997), the most important vertebrate prey species in their diet is the red colobus monkey.

Predatory habits of chimps

Early hominids were, while still omnivores, mostly foragers. We had to learn to hunt and kill once we left the cornicopia of food that is the forests and jungles. Being a social animal, we most likely learned from other social predators (wolves) on how to stalk and kill larger prey. The effects of which can't be overstated. Our diet has evolved over millions of years, as it was learned behavior . . . just like any other animal.

All we are doing is trying to figure out ways to adapt to this problem, without even realizing what or why we are doing it. There is more to the adaptation process as well. Anytime you have to adapt, you will suffer a reduction in the quality of life. Cows milk as an example, we have to homogenize, pasterize, and fortify it, and due to all of the work involved you have spent energy that you normally wouldn't have to have spent on your intended source of calcium. It's also not as good for you as your intended source so you will have to consume more of it, and its not as healthy for you. We are used to living this way, but its all we can do.

We don't have to do any of that to milk . . . all of those processes are less than 100 years old. Ever heard of raw milk? It's delicious! And, better for you than the milk you will buy at the store, as long as you aren't drinking it from a cow laced with antibotics and pesticides. In the grand scheme of things, dairy is relatively new to our diets as well (lactase problem?). Dairy didn't not come into play in our diets until the domestication of herd animals, approx. 9k yrs ago.

Also, humans could get plenty of calcium from natural (non-dairy) sources. The problem has never been the amount of calcium found in other foods, but the body's ability to absorb calcium. Humans need to have sufficient vitamin D intake to absorb/process calcium. This is naturally not a problem, as early humans spent all day outside in the sun. However, today, most humans are vitamin D deficient (thanks cubicle!) and eat high protein diets with lots of phosphorus (soda?) and it effects our calcium levels. Without proper levels of vitamin D the body can't absorb what is taken in through food and must steal calcium from your bones. Diets high in protein and phosphorus also inhibit the body's ability to absorb calcium.

You are taking modern problems/adaptions to nutritional problems and assuming thats how we have always been . . . not the case. Even grain, in an evolutionary timeframe, is a recent addition to our diet (less than 12k yrs ago) thanks to the development of agriculture. Hominids were here and doing just fine long before steak, milkshakes, and calcium supplements.
edit on 10/25/12 by solomons path because: addition

edit on 10/25/12 by solomons path because: clarification

edit on 10/25/12 by solomons path because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So species just know what to eat how? From magic?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join