It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Now Dead. 30 Papers Suggest DNA is Encoded Intelligently

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here is a link to ENCODE Project where the information can be found: ENCODE PROJECT

Link to Papers / Journal of Nature

A Creator is becoming impossible to deny. As John 1 states, we are created with WORD.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

edit on 1-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Sounds eerily similar to the Sun. The light of mankind = The Sun. The light shines in the darkness = The Suns light reflecting off other objects in the night sky including the Moon.

Also, I thought thought came before the word?

+90 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Saying that Noncoding DNA is somehow indicative of evolution is a crap argument. Also stating that functionality of DNA that we don't completely understand is indicative of a creator or god is equally crap.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I'm really sorry, but I'm just missing it. As far as I could understand the finding was that most, or all, of DNA has a function; very little, if any, is waste. I don't understand how that shows evolution has been disproved. I'm not even sure how that shows it was encoded intelligently.

I don't know enough of the science to make any use of the ENCODE project. I just wish the link between the papers and your headline was more clear. Can you help?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The only reason it is being used to say this hurts evolution is because in the past evolution advocates have used the "Junk DNA" as means to argue their case for evolution, which isn't really scientific, and from what I can tell, the term is only used to lay people anyway...

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
ATS's motto is to deny the OP.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Allow me to ramble for a bit, this may be confused.

I don't think I've ever cared about the evolution debate. I accept the belief that God created humans. How? I don't know, and His method doesn't bother me very much.

While I love science, and reason and measurements, etc., just looking at it's history tells me not to put too much faith in it. It attacks your opponent's belief one day, and attacks yours the next.

I may not be a thoughtful, prepared, Christian, but the basis of my belief lies elsewhere, and I don't really care which position is ahead at the moment.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Science is only beginning to catch up to the things that will truly dumbfound them. They have no idea of what is next in their discoveries. The world of science will be shaken. The discoveries are going according to HIS Will but it must coincide with HIS plan for the end of days and the tribulation. There is only so much that HE will allow to be truly discovered in order to fulfill the great day of accountability in the final chapter of HIS Perfection for us.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Here is a link to ENCODE Project where the information can be found: ENCODE PROJECT

A Creator is becoming impossible to deny. As John 1 states, we are created with WORD.

John 1

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”

Ask your god why then, does the human body fail? Why do we break, get cancer, disease, grow old, weak, senile, and die?

So much for your god and his creation. Doesn't even last 100 years most of the time. I'd get a refund.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

If you combine genetic tampering by the enemy faction who have been tampering with us from the beginning and the law of sin when we put that into effect......................WHAM, you get what we are today! It is all a matter of consequence to the fallen state that we initiated and chose.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
now this just pisses me off. poor form. poor taste. close thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

John 1

A to Z (Modern English=143) (Translation=143) A=1 B=2 C=3...Z=26 G=7 O=15 D=4 = 26

Will Correlate All TRUTH... (IN CONTEXT) (DNA=19) (Adam=19)

(Structure) Genesis 1:1 First Letter (I=9) again 19 Reflect - (Spirit=91) God Breathed HIS SPIRIT INTO ADAM

Genesis 1:1 = Perfection

Genesis 1:2 = Judgment...Result / Fall of Lucifer and His Angels... 'waste, void and darkness over deep waters"

As Judgment of Noah...Water Covered All The High Mountains...

Genesis 1:3 = Re-Generation / Re-Creation Hebrew - (bara =created from nothing) ( asah = to make from existing material... As IN REVELATION Ch. 21 " NEW HEAVEN AND EARTH"

Dry land Existed IN Genesis 1:1 Perfection Complete.

Genesis 1:9 " God says, Let The (DRY LAND=78) Appear (GENESIS=78) (START=78) (CALCULATE=78)

God Formed Man / Adam From (DRY LAND=78) (LORD=49) (FLESH=50) (ADAM EVE=51) (DIRT=51)

(FORM=52) (FROM=52) (EARTH=52) REFLECT - (ALL=25) (EARTH=52) 25+52= 74 (JESUS=74)

Just a sample of correlating REALITY! (IN CONTEXT) Hebrew - Greek - English...(Stay IN CONTEXT)

The Entire Bible...And All History...And Present...Can Be Connected...With Gematria - Numeric Weight

JESUS GAVE A GREAT NUMERIC INSIGHT...JOHN 21:11 THE ( 153 ) FISH COUNT

ALSO IN VERSE JOHN 21:6 JESUS SAID, CAST THE NET ON (THE RIGHT SIDE OF=153)

(JESUS WORDS=153) (GOD SET IN ORDER=153) (LETTER NUMBER=153) (NUMERIC PROOF=153)

(THE GOLDEN RATIO=153) (THE LAST LANGUAGE=153)

DANIEL 12:4 "IN THE LAST DAYS...KNOWLEDGE WILL INCREASE"

FOR MORE PROOF - www.asis.com...

asis.com...

ALSO ENGLISH WILL REVEAL - IN BASE 6 A=6 OR BASE 12 A=12

NATURAL ORDER REVEALS A=1 B=2 C=3.. IN SIMPLE TERMS... EXAMPLE (TIME=47) (CONNECT=74)

7 DAYS IN A WEEK 4 WEEKS IN A MONTH ALSO AVG. BLOOD PH LEVEL 7.4

UNIVERSE MAIN (ELEMENT=74) HYDROGEN AVG. PERCENT = APPROX. 74%

USA MAIN PROCLAIMER OF (GOSPEL=74) 7/4 JULY FOURTH (ENGLISH=74)

MAIN INTERNATIONAL (POWER=77) LANGUAGE (CHRIST=77) (GLORY=77)

ALSO CONNECTION OF USA (NUCLEAR=74) (ENERGY=74) (POINT=74) (THE KEY=74)

WW2 USA DROPPED 2 NUKES ON LIVE POPULATIONS...(HAND OF GOD=74) JAPAN SURRENDERED

WE ARE IN THE BEGINNING STAGE...OF WW3 AGE OF GRACE WILL END...

ROMANS 10:13 For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord [invoking Him as Lord] will be saved.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Saying that Noncoding DNA is somehow indicative of evolution is a crap argument. Also stating that functionality of DNA that we don't completely understand is indicative of a creator or god is equally crap.

Yet the papers clearly indicate intelligence behind the encoding.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What our science is presently too stupid to understand is junk. What our science is presently too stupid to understand is dark matter. You have to remember that you are thinking from a 3 dimensional perspective, you are thinking like a woman / man from flatland while there are entities and civilizations that are of dimensions higher in frequency than ours and consequently operating in a perspective we cannot even imagine. Our DNA encoded by an unimaginable intelligence be it God, Arch-Angel or ultra-terrestrial...semantics really, but the hypothesis is certainly possible and probable.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I saw where they mentioned design as in a pattern. I didn't see the first mention of intelligent design. DNA has a design to it. Spitting on a sidewalk makes a design as well.

Do you have a more direct link to a specific article?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If there were a god he would have had to do alot of work to trick us like this, but why would he? if a god was all loving, would he let children be raped? if god was all knowing he would know there are people suffering. if god is omnipotent he could give everybody what they want at all times, why wouldn't he?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

edit on 2-10-2012 by PillarzOfLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Allow me to ramble for a bit, this may be confused.

I don't think I've ever cared about the evolution debate. I accept the belief that God created humans. How? I don't know, and His method doesn't bother me very much.

While I love science, and reason and measurements, etc., just looking at it's history tells me not to put too much faith in it. It attacks your opponent's belief one day, and attacks yours the next.

I may not be a thoughtful, prepared, Christian, but the basis of my belief lies elsewhere, and I don't really care which position is ahead at the moment.

Theory states that proof of evolution was an abundance of junk dna. It was thought of this way because it implied that we grew out of the need for those specific dna functions. They were also unable to trace any of the dna back to anything of this earth, so this was the only plausible explanation for the times. The highlight of those genes were the basics for our ability to form/speak languages, highly different from every kingdom of life on this planet. It's important to notice that nature nothing is left to chance and nothing is wasted, so why would we have an abundance of wasteful and untraceble dna?

Science has now proved that we use nearly/all of our dna meaning that the construct of it is not a result of evolution, a leg that this theory firmly stands upon. Now let's see them try to explain where that fat 90% chunk of our 'junk' untraced dna comes from. I will tell you that they won't try any further because if that portion of our dna didn't originate from here then where? That thought pattern is still unwelcome in the scientific community because there is no visible end in sight of that question. If we were part of an highly advanced genetic experiment how would we prove so? How could we pinpoint or contact our creators amongst the infinite number of stars.

Some may note that that way of thinking leaves God out of the equation and i am here to say it most definitely does not. To put it simply we were created or seeded here by others. Go down the long list of creators and their creations and that will leave God, Creator, Infinite One at the forefront of that list. He created this entire universe did he not? He provided the energy of unconditional love which takes the form of many beings sentient and non sentient, highly advanced and extremely primitive throughout the entire cosmos. Sentient life does not form by chance, it is seeded. There is a mountain of evidence that supports this and many ancient cultures spoke directly of this. The vedic hyms, which predate the bible, is the absolute best place to start.

Some time into the future the hue man will be a creator god as well. The technology to construct life will be available to us and we may even go seed a planet as well like the ones before us. To those we created we would be god. God created us right so he also created them. They will fail to understand that for a while as we left them to develop naturally on their own until they reach the level we have yet to reach and go create life somewhere else. That is how life works in this universe, random sentient evolution does not exist in this reality and it's not long until is proven.

If you have a general interest in the field (like me) then do some extensive research and discern yourself what's the truth, not what your told is socially acceptable way of thinking. Question everything and most importantly your existence for it has the potential to open the door to the spiritual path of enlightenment or more common a more aware or awakened state of mind.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Concluding that this is proof of God, in my opinion is confirmation bias. This indicates only that evolution is an exceptionally efficient system.

BTW I happen to believe in God. I just don't see this as "proof".

~Heff

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I'm really sorry, but I'm just missing it. As far as I could understand the finding was that most, or all, of DNA has a function; very little, if any, is waste. I don't understand how that shows evolution has been disproved.

It may or may not have. I don't agree or disagree with the OP. But to understand the argument it stems from a branch of mathematics called information theory. This is where you quantify what is and what isn't information.

What most evolutionists/creationists end up arguing about is if the information in the DNA got their randomly or was it designed and put there by God.

The truth of it is you can never really tell if information is random or not. Eventually you realize there is no such thing as random. Once you realize that you realize there is no such thing as information either. The whole concept just falls apart.

There's just sets of data and some of those sets you will be partial to, like the one that makes up your DNA, and you'll call that set information and other sets you won't care about and you'll say those are random. Like the number of rocks in your back yard.

For example. Did the rocks in your back yard get there randomly or did God put them there? Well you can't tell from just looking at the rocks. You could have 10 rocks at random, or 10 rocks planted by God. Either way you have 10 rocks. So, how do you tell if it's random or not? You can't.

So you can't measure randomness really. What you can measure though is deviation from the norm and how likely something is to be random. For example if you have 45,000 rocks in your backyard and everyone else in your neighborhood has around 10, well something is off here. Perhaps someone dumped a bunch of rocks in your back yard right?

Now to understand the DNA argument you have to understand the infinite monkey theorem.
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Now given a sheet of paper how can one tell if was written by a monkey or not? You can't for sure. There is no set of data that can't be created randomly. However, if you collect enough papers you can set a probability based on deviation from the norm.

If a human was writing a book the norm would be whatever language they're writing it in, such as English. The pages would have a normal distribution of English letter frequencies and normal distribution of English words. This is because the English language has rules. It's a guided process.

But if a monkey wrote it then there are no rules to confine the data set. The letter X is just as common as the letter E. The word yellow is just as common as the word SLDFJKLJ#$%#KJSCDFKSJ! Therefore even if some of the scraps of paper might appear to be Shakespeare you can tell it's just random gibberish because the other 99% of pages don't conform to the rules. An unguided process.

So this is the real way to tell if something is random or not. If it's intelligently designed then for the most part, like 99% of the time, you'll just have the working data set with very little junk. Since the designer knows the rules he doesn't have to waste time whacking keys at random.

If it's created randomly then you'll also have that SAME GOOD data set. But you're also very likely to have a bunch of junk on the side that doesn't really do anything. Given the same amount of time an unguided process should produce far more junk than a guided process.

So that's where the DNA debate comes in. If the DNA has a lot of junk, it's evidence for evolution. If there is no junk, well that's evidence of a guided process. Something was guiding the process preventing a lot of random junk from entering the DNA.

But what could that process be? Well it could be God. Or it could be things like survival of the fittest too or even aliens. There's really no way to know. All we know is something in the system prevents junk DNA from forming.
edit on 2-10-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join