It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft missing .Six souls on board .Search continues .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...
www.airliners.net...

These are pictures of the missing plane . Looks like a very nice plane

VH -UXG De Havilland DH-84 Dragon 2 . Built in 1934 and registered G-ACRF, VH-UXG was first imported into Australia in April 1936. Written off after crashing and burning at Archerfield in 1954, sh
Went missing after a distress call and an emergency beacon was switched on around 14:30 yesterday the 1st of October in the hinterland 45 nautical miles NNW of Brisbane Australia . Conditions were poor with low level cloud obscuring the mountain peaks and gusty rainy weather ,The search has been ongoing overnight using thermal imaging aircraft and helicopters.The search continues today.

The pilot , Des Porter survived an accident in the same plane that killed his father and brother near Brisbane in 1954. ????
Hopefully they have managed to land safely somewhere and have not been able to make contact.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately when you have clouds and mountains in an area where a plane goes missing, it usually doesn't end well. These planes don't have radar in them, so they can't see where the mountains are. Sadly, I don't have much hope of this ending well.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Its not looking good .I believe the plane was nt equipped for IFR and they had tried to keep the instruments as original as possible during the restoration.Apparently the pilot had contacted air traffic to help him find a way out before communication was lost. CFIT seems likely
edit on 1-10-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Yeah, if he was trying to get help to get out of the area and had little to no visibility, then I'll almost guarantee CFIT, and probably the loss of everyone on board.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's so odd that you posted this today OP. obviously, I know it's impossible for there to be any kind of connection. But between 9-10 a.m. Est, I noticed an old red plane, one that looked just like this one, so loud and flying so low, right over my tree tops, and it was so erratic, I thought it was going to crash into my woods. I was concerned enough to call my mother, who lives only around the corner, to see if she could see it!! My heart was in my throat because, as I said, it was so erratic and low, I thought, if it doesn't go down in my woods, it might crash into my house. I thought it was being chased at first. The shocking think was, that old red plane you showed, looked just like what I had seen. I was wondering why someone would be driving such an antique, so dangerously, and if they even still existed!! Those pics gave me the chills..

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I that is a very strange happening , a vision ,dream premonition?? Do you live near/unde3r a flight path ?. There are only about 4 of those planes left flying in the world so the chances of it being the same aircraft type are pretty remote.., Strange coincidence or something else?
edit on 2-10-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

I that is a very strange happening , a vision ,dream premonition?? Do you live near/unde3r a flight path ?. There are only about 4 of those planes left flying in the world so the chances of it being the same aircraft type are pretty remote.., Strange coincidence or something else?

Yes I do live in a flight path. The planes fly over to get to the Philly airport. But, the planes are never that low, and they never come from the direction this gorgeous plane came from. I am about 25/30 minutes from the airport. This old red plane was practically skimming the tree tops, not following any type of flight path, & extremely erratic. I really thought it was being chased or ready to crash. I have never seen a plane like it. The reason why I could clearly see the colors and the antique look to it was because it was so low & zig zagged around my house 3 times. It was a beauty though!! I find this extremely odd!

Have you heard any further news on the whereabouts of the plane??
edit on 10/2/12 by j.r.c.b. because: Further question......

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Thanks for that interesting account of what you saw.
Still searching with about 15 fixed wing and heli's starting again first light this morning.
The search area is about 1800 sq Km's and is heavily forested ,mountainous rugged country, Its been about 40 hours since it went missing and still no sign or communication,Not looking good for finding survivors .

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Thanks for that interesting account of what you saw.
Still searching with about 15 fixed wing and heli's starting again first light this morning.
The search area is about 1800 sq Km's and is heavily forested ,mountainous rugged country, Its been about 40 hours since it went missing and still no sign or communication,Not looking good for finding survivors .

www.abc.net.au...

TY for the latest update. I will definately be watching this thread for more info. Such a sad story....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There are no survivors of vintage plane crash on Sunshine Coast, Australian Maritime Safety Authority confirms
www.abc.net.au...
Queensland police say the wreckage of a vintage plane has been found on the Sunshine Coast.

It is believed the plane was spotted just after 2:00pm north of Borumba Dam.

The plane is destroyed indicating a high speed impact . according to police reports.

edit on 3-10-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

There are no survivors of vintage plane crash on Sunshine Coast, Australian Maritime Safety Authority confirms
www.abc.net.au...
Queensland police say the wreckage of a vintage plane has been found on the Sunshine Coast.

It is believed the plane was spotted just after 2:00pm north of Borumba Dam.

The plane is destroyed indicating a high speed impact . according to police reports.

edit on 3-10-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

O no! How sad! I expected the outcome, but still, to see it in print, just devastating. Thoughts go out to the families...thank you 12v. for the update......

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Thanks j.r.c.b. ,condolences to the family and friends of all involved

Crash site . No chance for those on board

top topics

join